Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin hotel recommendations

Options
  • 30-12-2013 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭

Looking for help in choosing city centre hotel for weekend on B&B basis. Looking at the Gibson or maybe double tree Hilton. Any thoughts or suggestions

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Looking for help in choosing city centre hotel for weekend on B&B basis. Looking at the Gibson or maybe double tree Hilton. Any thoughts or suggestions

Thanks

Depends on where you want to be and what you want to do. I wouldn't consider either to be central tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thanks

Hi there Clonmel1000,

I'm moving your thread from our Travel forum over into the Dublin City forum where it would be better suited as it is localised.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What weekend, and what will you be doing / where will you be going? Lots of hotels over a VERY wide area in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Mid January just chilling out bit of shopping sightseeing etc. Will have car so theoretically could stay outside city centre. Looking for a bit of luxury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

how much are you willing to spend on this 'bit of luxury'? per night?

• Advertisement

Mid January just chilling out bit of shopping sightseeing etc. Will have car so theoretically could stay outside city centre. Looking for a bit of luxury

Parking expensive in both and wouldn't consider either to be luxury. Works going on in DT and the Gibson has partial walls separating bedrooms and suites!

Check out the Radisson on Golden lane if you're looking for 4* central that feels a bit special

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

The Westbury - such a lovey Hotel mainly down to the staff, it's my fave Hotel in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Kayly

Have a look at the Trinity Capital Hotel (www.trinitycapitalhotel.com) I've stayed there quite a few times and found it a great location for shopping and nights out. The decor is different and gives a feeling of luxury without it being too expensive. Parking is around the corner, they give you the details at check-in. Very central.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I like the DT Morisson, Westin, Westbury, Shelbourne... Conrad is ok if you can get it cheap enough.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Clarion Hotel on the docks, parking is €15 overnight in underground car park. Its a lovely 4 star hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I'm a bit surprised to see your query here tbh. When people ask me about hotels in Dublin, I say I don't know, because I generally just go home - who the hell stays in a hotel in a city they live in???

I'm a bit surprised to see your query here tbh. When people ask me about hotels in Dublin, I say I don't know, because I generally just go home - who the hell stays in a hotel in a city they live in???

Lots of reasons! A treat, a present or sometimes more sensible/affordable. Recently stayed in the Shelbourne, got it on Priceline for €110 (€290 on it's own website for same night). Stayed with a friend as we were both going to a party on Dawson Street. Taxis to and from the city centre (we live opposite directions) would have cost us €50-60 each that night. Instead we had luxury!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

athtrasna wrote: »
    Lots of reasons! A treat, a present or sometimes more sensible/affordable. Recently stayed in the Shelbourne, got it on Priceline for €110 (€290 on it's own website for same night). Stayed with a friend as we were both going to a party on Dawson Street. Taxis to and from the city centre (we live opposite directions) would have cost us €50-60 each that night. Instead we had luxury!
    that's not in keeping with the austere times we live in.

who_ru wrote: »
    that's not in keeping with the austere times we live in.

Your point being? I work hard for my money..and don't have much to spare but in the case of the Shelbourne it was an economy. Yeah I could have gotten somewhere cheaper but see my first point. L'oreal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Me n the Hubby, once a year, absolutely love the City and it's great to stay in a Hotel in your own city and spend your hard earned money in our local economy. Not for everyone, but we love it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The Clyde court is good value and a nice hotel. It used to be the Berkeley court

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

athtrasna wrote: »

Total bargain. If you see it around that price again please post up in the Bargain Alerts forum, after you've bought your own room of course:)

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Total bargain. If you see it around that price again please post up in the Bargain Alerts forum, after you've bought your own room of course:)

Priceline is an opaque site, you bid for a hotel without knowing what the hotel is. No guarantee that the next person bidding on a 5* city centre hotel would get the Shelbourne

Advertisement