Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MA in Criminology

• 31-12-2013 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭

So final year student in Bsoc and basically wondering if any one is familiar with the potential prospects that follow doing an MA in Criminology

I'd prefer try and stay within UCC once I finish, but just wondering what the other options would be?

Cheers for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭auskid

Was thinking of it myself although you would be looking to emigrate afterwards as there is little or no need for this profession as yet in Ireland...I spoke with the course director and to be honest his answer to the future career prospects wasn't great basically said it would help if you wanted to get into the guards...he also said its a relatively new field in Ireland...take into account that next year there is a new ba degree in criminology so in 3 years there will be 100 people every qualifying with the same if not better qualification than a one year post grad in criminology as they will have 3 years study in the field...have you done the crime and deviance module on the bsoc???

Advertisement