Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Business Christmas Quiz

Options
  • 31-12-2013 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Did anyone have a go at Ciarán Hancock's annual Christmas business quiz in the Irish Times this year? http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/ciar%C3%A1n-hancock-s-christmas-quiz-1.1636905

I'm missing a few:

1. Which five companies were admitted to trading on the Irish Stock Exchange in 2013?
    I have four (I think) - Hibernia REIT, Green REIT, Mincon Group and GameAccount Network. Are these correct? If so, anyone know the fifth?

7. Which two long-established Irish department store groups began offering online shopping to their customers this year?
    Brown Thomas is one. Anyone know the other?

17. It’s the picture round: name the four people pictured on the right. Here are some clues: one is the chairman of a Dublin-listed stock market company; another was appointed to a top position in Northern Ireland; another is the chair of a newly formed State-owned company; and another served his time and can now get a mortgage.
    Pictures can be found on the link (but not in the same order). I'm missing the first two, anyone know?

21. How are Ion Equity, Nama and Irish Life publicly related?

25 What are they no longer putting on the Ritz in Enniskerry?

I can help with others as I think I have all the rest of them. Help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

Albert_Roi wrote: »
    Did anyone have a go at Ciarán Hancock's annual Christmas business quiz in the Irish Times this year? http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/ciar%C3%A1n-hancock-s-christmas-quiz-1.1636905

I'm missing a few:

1. Which five companies were admitted to trading on the Irish Stock Exchange in 2013?
    I have four (I think) - Hibernia REIT, Green REIT, Mincon Group and GameAccount Network. Are these correct? If so, anyone know the fifth?

7. Which two long-established Irish department store groups began offering online shopping to their customers this year?

17. It’s the picture round: name the four people pictured on the right. Here are some clues: one is the chairman of a Dublin-listed stock market company; another was appointed to a top position in Northern Ireland; another is the chair of a newly formed State-owned company; and another served his time and can now get a mortgage.
    Pictures can be found on the link (but not in the same order). I'm missing the first two, anyone know?

I can help with others as I think I have all the rest of them. Help would be appreciated!
    I think Dunnes and Penneys are offering on line shopping
    Stuck on loads, will not have enough time to complete. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dromusta

I'm missing a few:

Q1 I think that the 5th one is Falcon Oil & gas.

Q7 Dunnes Stores

Q17 Sean Quinn Jr is second photo Rose Hynes (Chair of Bord Gais) is third.

I'm also missing first - and the fourth!

Haven't managed to get Q21 & Q25 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 duberry

B photo is Elvina Graham. Who is A?
    Anything on 21?

Q4 is 15%

Anything on 20: What Irish Building did Sony lend its brand to? Studio For TV3
    Still no luck 21: Ion Equity, Nama, Irish Life publicly related?
    or 25: No longer putting on at Ritz in Enniskerry is it CARLTON
    and Picture A
    Help sought thanks.

• Advertisement

I think 25 is Carlton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I'm missing a few:

Those are correct and the fifth one is Falcon Oil & Gas.

vinpaul wrote: »
    Anything on 20: What Irish Building did Sony lend its brand to?
    Still no luck 21: Ion Equity, Nama, Irish Life publicly related?
    or 25: No longer putting on at Ritz in Enniskerry
    and Picture A
    Help sought thanks.

Q20
    Sony HD Studio (for TV3)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 meigeal

No 21 refers to the fact that the Ritz Hotel was sold this year so there is no longer any Ritz in Enniskerry any more.

I also am unable to find who the person in Picture 1, Question 17 is and have no idea how to actually trace him except by pot luck. Anyone good enough to help I would be grateful to.

Question ! I have same 4 as you but lost on fifth.

Question 7 - Marks and Spencer have online site now.

Question 21 - No leads on that one.

meigeal wrote: »
    No 21 refers to the fact that the Ritz Hotel was sold this year so there is no longer any Ritz in Enniskerry any more.

I also am unable to find who the person in Picture 1, Question 17 is and have no idea how to actually trace him except by pot luck. Anyone good enough to help I would be grateful to.

Question ! I have same 4 as you but lost on fifth.

Question 7 - Marks and Spencer have online site now.

Question 21 - No leads on that one.

I think that M&S went online in 2012.

Re Q25: "What are they no longer putting on the Ritz in Enniskerry?" Since 'Ritz' is given in the question, is he looking for something else?

• Advertisement

Dromusta wrote: »
    I think that M&S went online in 2012.

Re Q25: "What are they no longer putting on the Ritz in Enniskerry?" Since 'Ritz' is given in the question, is he looking for something else?
    M & S did go on line in 2012
    Dunnes and Brown Thomas did so in 2013

Still stuck on photo A.
    Carlton for Ritz I would think,

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Quiggers59

Did the answers to this quiz get published yet.I would like to see the answers,especially the picture of man in Q17-Pic 1 It nearly drove me demented.

Advertisement