Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League Darts 2014

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

mdwexford wrote: »
    Not till tomorrow but thanks.

Not like that has much bearing on what your saying.

To me it would indicate he's not been too successful as of late. He had an excellent 2012, I'll agree! And 2012 wasn't enough to warrant him a spot in the premier league but why let facts get in the way of your argument

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Necrominus wrote: »
    To me it would indicate he's not been too successful as of late. He had an excellent 2012, I'll agree! And 2012 wasn't enough to warrant him a spot in the premier league but why let facts get in the way of your argument

Is this still Chizzy you are talking about, it's hard to follow?

So of the 7 televised ranking tournaments he was runner-up in the Grand Prix, Quarter Finalist in the Matchplay, Winner of the German Open - you reckon this is not a good 2013?
    Before even looking at his rock solid performance in the 'floor' tourneys.

Is this still Chizzy you are talking about, it's hard to follow?

So of the 7 televised ranking tournaments he was runner-up in the Grand Prix, Quarter Finalist in the Matchplay, Winner of the German Open - you reckon this is not a good 2013?
    Before even looking at his rock solid performance in the 'floor' tourneys.

It was a good 2013 for Justin Pipe as well and I don't see people clamoring for him to be in the Premier League... I'm not dismissing his achievements I just feel there are others more deserving of a place in the premier league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Not sure why you are putting White in the same sentence as Chisnail.
    Chizzy is miles ahead of him, 2 wins on the Players Tour this year (£10K winner events so no small cheese) plus another 6 quarter or semi final appearances, and on the TV events he was finalist in the Grand Prix in Dublin, quarter finalist in the World MatchPlay, and won out in Germany.

To talk of there being 10 players more deserving of a place ahead of him is, to be honest, clueless.

Here are the facts you ignored earlier.

Keep talking rubbish though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

When's it announced??

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    When's it announced??

After the next ad break on sky sports

After the next ad break on sky sports

Shoulda edited it after Dave announced it I'm going for

Taylor
    MvG
    Lewis
    Whitlock
    Wright
    Wade
    Thornton
    Barney
    If it's 10 again chizzy n Anderson I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

MVG
    Taylor
    Lewis
    Whitlock
    Wright
    Wade
    Thornton
    Anderson
    Barney
    Newton

That's my guess, I wouldn't have Barney in it though.

Johner wrote: »
    MVG
    Taylor
    Lewis
    Whitlock
    Wright
    Wade
    Thornton
    Anderson
    Barney
    Newton

That's my guess, I wouldn't have Barney in it though.
    Sounds about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

No Wade!

• Advertisement

No James Wade is thye biggy.

No James Wade? The rumour mentioned previously must be true

Happy enough with that. Thought Smith might be in with a shout but only 10 can go through I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm delighted Wade isn't in. Cost me in accumulators far too many times than I care to think about last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

surprised newton keep his place ahead of hamilton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

sc86 wrote: »
    surprised newton keep his place ahead of hamilton

Would rather Hamilton every time over Newton. Newton can't even get to the semi final stages of the World Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

unknown13 wrote: »
    Would rather Hamilton every time over Newton. Newton can't even get to the semi final stages of the World Championship.

He must be crap so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wade rumours must have been true then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

can't believe wade has been left out , anderson is quite lucky to get his pl place but his style of play is suited to
    the pl

• Registered Users Posts: 39 chippy81

When I saw Newton and Anderson it took me a while to figure out what names from my guess missed out. Then Pyke said no Wade which is a shock in some ways but feel he needs time off he hasn't been at the races last 6 months, that he got to quarters is testament to his fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

He hasn't a prayer.

Why because he pulls some faces when he's playing crap and averages 90.
    Anyone who would rather Hankey in there instead of the 3 you mention isn't much of a darts fan.

It's not about rathering Hankey in there. You obviously didn't read my post correctly. If Hankey had done anything this year he would have definitely been in the PL.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Wade rumours must have been true then

What are they?

Degag wrote: »
    It's not about rathering Hankey in there. You obviously didn't read my post correctly. If Hankey had done anything this year he would have definitely been in the PL.

Define anything.

It was ridiculous to think Hankey had a chance.

If it was a 20 player league he still wouldn't have made it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Define anything.

It was ridiculous to think Hankey had a chance.

If it was a 20 player league he still wouldn't have made it.

Again obviously not reading my posts. I already defined "anything" as making a semi final perhaps. I also stated I didn't think he had much of a chance but a chance none the same. Sky don't give much of a damn about world rankings. All they care about is ratings. Hankey would mean more to ratings than someone like Newton or Hamilton etc whether you like it or not. If Hankey had given a few performances of note this year, he'd be in the PL for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Spiderpig92

Delighted that Anderson is in there, alot of people saying that he is not the player he was and not deserving a spot but at his best, he can beat anyone in the world including the likes of Taylor and MVG. He proved this week he can score as good if not better than anyone else and I think the PL will give the practice that will allow him to jump back up the rankings. Who is to say that he wont get a good run in the Matchplay or Worlds off the back of this
    Disappointed that Wade is out because he is one if not my favourite player, but if there is a valid reason, that is fair enough. He hasn't been the same player over the last 6-12 months and it showed at the worlds. Was extremely lucky to make the quarters and in fairness was miles off the pace against Lewis, something that would not have been the case a couple of years ago when he was winning majors. It was only 2 years ago that he was beating a top form Adrian Lewis 5-1 in a World Semi-Final. Hopefully the break from travelling the UK week in week out will give him a chance to freshen up and regain his form, because like Anderson, on his best he can beat anyone in the World and has proved this many times. Hoping that he has a good 2014 and 2015 Worlds this year.
    Other than that I think the PL line up is fair enough. The only other question mark would be Barneveld. Not producing the darts of old but he brings in the spectators and viewers which the PL is all about. The Premier League is said to showcase Darts rathar than being a competition in the mould of the Matchplay or the Worlds. Having Barney in there makes sense for the likes of Sky

Degag wrote: »
    Again obviously not reading my posts. I already defined "anything" as making a semi final perhaps. I also stated I didn't think he had much of a chance but a chance none the same. Sky don't give much of a damn about world rankings. All they care about is ratings. Hankey would mean more to ratings than someone like Newton or Hamilton etc whether you like it or not. If Hankey had given a few performances of note this year, he'd be in the PL for sure.

So you think a Grand Prix semi final or something would have gotten him in. I think not a hope unless he got enough prize money to jump way up the rankings which is never going to happen.

You said he had a chance, he didn't have any chance anyway.

Who exactly are these people who would turn in just to see Hankey but won't watch it if he's not there. Think you are way over estimating his possible ratings drawing power.

Hopefully the break from travelling the UK week in week out will give him a chance to freshen up and regain his form.

In Premier League - travel up and down the UK from Feb til May on the PDC/Sky expense account, stay in top hotels with the lovely Sammi, high tv profile meaning you can tap your sponsors for a few quid extra, guaranteed £50K with a shot at a total prize fund 8x that.

Outside PL - travel up and down the UK from Feb til May taking part in the best of 11 leg floor tournaments in the vain hope of earning enough money to compensate for all the moola you are missing out in the PL, burning petrol and staying in Travelodge motels like a sadder Alan Partridge, vaguely worried about how Sammi seems to be texting Dave Chisnail a lot.

I think he'd prefer the first way.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Spiderpig92

In Premier League - travel up and down the UK from Feb til May on the PDC/Sky expense account, stay in top hotels with the lovely Sammi, high tv profile meaning you can tap your sponsors for a few quid extra, guaranteed £50K with a shot at a total prize fund 8x that.

Outside PL - travel up and down the UK from Feb til May taking part in the best of 11 leg floor tournaments in the vain hope of earning enough money to compensate for all the moola you are missing out in the PL, burning petrol and staying in Travelodge motels like a sadder Alan Partridge, vaguely worried about how Sammi seems to be texting Dave Chisnail a lot.

I think he'd prefer the first way.

No guarantee he will play in those floor events

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

No guarantee he will play in those floor events

wadey appears disullisioned with darts atm and its for disiciplinary issues, some negative views he expressed recently that he has been excluded, he has been consistent as per usual in the tv majors last year , he could take a year out or 6 months from the game, who knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

http://www.jameswade.co.uk/index.php/statement-from-james-wade-regarding-the-2014-premier-league-darts/

Statement from Wade,
    Statement from James Wade Regarding the 2014 Premier League Darts

Following speculation after his non-selection for the 2014 Premier League, James Wade has issued the following statement:

“I am obviously bitterly disappointed not be included in the Premier League Darts line-up for the first time in seven years.

“The news is devastating, particularly as I feel I was one of the four most consistent players in 2013, reaching the semi-finals in many televised tournaments, including the Premier League play-offs.

“Since Barry Hearn broke the news live on Sky Sports, there has been a large amount of speculation across media and social media platforms regarding the reasons of my omission. I would like to take this opportunity to clear up some confusion and confirm that I did not ask to be left out of the 2014 Premier League, nor did I decline an invitation as a lot of people are asking myself and my family.

“Further to this, I feel it is important to add that no medical professional has suggested I take a break either. My mental health issues have been well documented but my condition is manageable and I have all the right support systems around me.

“I have no choice now but to accept the decision made by the PDC and Sky Sports and work to make sure I am not in this position again.

“I have been working harder than ever on my game recently and this has come as a major blow but will strive to climb back into the top four as soon as possible, where recent history suggests I belong.

“Finally, I would like to thank my fans, family and my sponsors for their continued support both in the past and in the last 24 hours and I look forward to competing on TV again in the UK Open in March and all other televised PDC major events this year.”

Advertisement