Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing player position

Options
  • 31-12-2013 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

As some of you may know it is possible to change a players position in the off season.

Your QB can become hb,wr,te

Rb can become a wr

Fb can become a te.

Just wondering people's opinions on this. Do you think it's fair to change positions. Their is a negative effect on awareness to reflect that their not accustomed to that position.
    And you can't make ridiculous swaps. Like a wr to te.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't think we should be manually changing a players position or attributes, but if you want to play a player in a different position do that by amending the depth chart not his actual position

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

adrian522 wrote: »
    I don't think we should be manually changing a players position or attributes, but if you want to play a player in a different position do that by amending the depth chart not his actual position

I don't think we can change the attributes. I was thinking of drafting a lb I saw with awfull coverage stats. But with good acc and strength to turn him into a de.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You can just put him as a DE on the depth chart

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I think it's fair. Might be a bit of fun tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wouldn't see any problem in say drafting a 4-3 DE and switching him to a 3-4 OLB on the depth chart for example. It happens in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I think it's totally fair and never knew why some had a problem with it. Yes you can just edit the depth chart, but then if I'm playing my ROLB at RE, I'll have 3 ROLB's and 1 RE on the roster. In the actual NFL it happens all the time, as well as things like switching a LT to RT etc. I really don't think people would gain any sort of advantage for doing it, it just makes things handier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, as long as it's done via the depth chart it's fine.

That's the total opposite of what mikey said :P You should be able to change positions of your players if you please. Like Mikey said it happens all the time. I get the fact you want it to be a sim league but this doesn't detract from it at all.

I don't think you should be manually changing attributes or position at all. What's the problem with doing it via the Depth Chart?

We have no idea how madden changes stats and attributes when you manually change a players position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If you want to move a player then using the depth chart is fair and it happens all the time. Maybe your backup RT is better then your LG for example.

Manually editing players opens us up to glitches

• Advertisement

It's hardly gonna make them a million times better. I just think it's would be an interesting dynamic to play around with. I would have no issue if someone moved a players position and it made them a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Might try that Tim tebow at QB, he is such a good HB, he must be capable of throwing...

I've done some tests no abilities or attributes change when a player swaps position. Then ovr, phy, int, dur, siz. All change to reflect their new position. Some positively some negatively. Moving players like Doug Martin to wr showed a drop in his overalls. Where as moving Tom Crabtree to FB although was a decrease in his ovr, but a significant improvement on the current fb.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

So is it a definite no on changing player positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Are you asking because it seems like someone already has?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Move them on the depth chart is the only thing allowed.

Move them on the depth chart is the only thing allowed.

This needs to be redlined. As by this statement I can technically move Vincent Jackson to TE. Their won't be a LB in the nfl. That can stay in coverage with him.

I've consulted a pro madden forum.

Possible position changes are.

QB - HB, FB, WR, TE
    HB - FB, WR
    WR - none
    TE - FB, WR
    OL - OL
    LE/RE - DT, LOLB, ROLB
    DT - LE/RE
    LOLB/ROLB - MLB, LE, RE
    MLB - ROLB/LOLB
    CB - FS/SS
    FS/SS - CB
    K/P - P/K

No attributes will change when a players position switches over.

Advantages moving a LT to RT will allow run blockingto be upgraded easier. As it costs RT less xp to upgrade that attribute, but pass blocking will be more difficult. Moving a CB with speed in the mid 80's to SS/FS that's to slow for man to man. But suits playing the deep zone.

One of the biggest advantages is. If you are carrying 3 great LG on your roster. You can move one to RG. Therefore not having to pick up some awfull free agent just to fill the mandatory slot.

Disadvantages include once you change the players position (only possible during the offseason the change is irreversible until the following years off season.)

Just presenting some researched facts for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Pryor is supposed to be fairly good at WR, 6'6 and his speed.

empacher, Im happy to use the resources of the PFL here, each time a new iteration of the game comes out a lot of lads there spend a lot of time trying to find glitches so that people knowingly or unknowingly cant exploit them.

One of those exploits is editing a player, if you want to move Jackson to TE on your depth chart, i have no doubt you'd probably break all types of records or people would just double cover and use a speedy player to help out on him.

Its not a rule that is going to change i'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Moved LE Clemons to DT and he went from 82 to 87! Excellent, have spare talent at End so now I have the "D-Line of Death" moved on depth chart only of course!

• Advertisement

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Moved LE Clemons to DT and he went from 82 to 87! Excellent, have spare talent at End so now I have the "D-Line of Death" moved on depth chart only of course!

Ill probably put Klug in at DE aswell, he's got good stats and is not seeing any action at DT

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Can a TE be put in at FB via the depth chart?

Yep

Yep
    You'll still need to have a FB on your roster though I imagine?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    You'll still need to have a FB on your roster though I imagine?

Ya you have to carry one

Grand,my FB's contract is up for renewal,might let him go,slot the 3rd choice TE in there and pick up a FB via draft/FA

Advertisement