Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NYE!

Options
  • 31-12-2013 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Myself and 4 of my friends have left it kinda late to organise anything now everything is booked out. Anyone have any suggestions what we could do tonight? We live in the eastern suburbs if that's any help.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

menuisier wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Myself and 4 of my friends have left it kinda late to organise anything now everything is booked out. Anyone have any suggestions what we could do tonight? We live in the eastern suburbs if that's any help.
    Thanks in advance

What City?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

Sorry Sydney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

depends on what you are after?

somewhere to relax, have a few bevies and enjoy the fireworks or something more event like?

Well either really. Are there any events left that isn't sold out?

i'm sure there are, try the sydney NYE website. if that's the kind of thing you are looking for, probably better off trying to get into a non-ticketed place near a decent vantage point.

i think were going to watch the fireworks at the Dudley Page Reserve and head down to bondi for a few beers after.

• Advertisement

lg123 wrote: »
    i'm sure there are, try the sydney NYE website. if that's the kind of thing you are looking for, probably better off trying to get into a non-ticketed place near a decent vantage point.

i think were going to watch the fireworks at the Dudley Page Reserve and head down to bondi for a few beers after.

Sounds like a good idea alright. Are most bars in bondi open as normal or ticket events and what time do you reckon they will be open till? Also are you talking about watching the bondi fireworks or the city ones?
    Hitting you with a lot of questions there!

wasnt aware bondi had its own firework show. were watching the city fireworks, decent view of the bridge from there, etc. in case you were thinking of the same spot, keep in mind you need tickets to get into the reserve, $35'ish per person.
    http://imagesfromatourist.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/img_5837.jpg

i'd imagine the bars will be open as usual but getting in after 12 will probably be difficult, the decent spots will be wedged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

There is a wee park in Pyrmont that has a perfect view of the back of the harbour bridge. You can buy a few drinks in the local bottle shop and have a bit of a laugh.

I've been there for the last few years, is always a bit of craic. Just a nice crowd.

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/explore/facilities/parks/major-parks/pirrama-park

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

Heading to Cremorne point, perfect view of the harbour bridge. Theres The Oaks, Pickled possum and Minskys for afterwards- not bothering with the city, too much crowds!

Advertisement