Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greetings

Options
  • 31-12-2013 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Well this is my first post, Hopefully first of many. Im kinda new to fighting games but I would really like to learn to play properly and become apart of the local scene (Im from Belfast) and the whole IFGC. The thing is that i don't know of any events or get togethers. Even just playing local people online would be cool.

So i was wondering if someone could inform me of things that happen in belfast lol

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Say hello to your fellow northern sparring partner Lythero for me

Real talk: Everybody hangs here and Randomselect.ie irc, Head there and add some Gamertags and you'll be having online games in no time

Currently Belfast scene is quiet, Dublin is where most of the action takes place atm

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There used to be people playing casuals in Queens university up until quite recently, I do't know if they still do though...

Also, hi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GigasBreaker

I will definitely check out the chat :) it's funny I just finished watching the year of the ifgc video that doom uploaded and said to myself that im missing so much lol now I'm here. hope there are a few people on ps3 because my Xbox ate my copy of ae lol hopefully something will happen in the north so I can play lol thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Casuals in Queens Students Union has been pretty dead the last few months, used to be a lot more ae players. but there's 3 or 4 of us (me, Scavenger XIII and Yreval on boards) who've still been meeting up weekly for King of Fighters XIII and ae, on Tuesday nights (6pm - 10pm) and Saturdays (2pm - 6pm). It's off over Christmas holidays but I think it comes back on the 7th Jan.

also I play on pc and ps3, will add you for some ae games. Welcome! :)

MelficeVKM wrote: »
    Casuals in Queens Students Union has been pretty dead the last few months, used to be a lot more ae players. but there's 3 or 4 of us (me, Scavenger XIII and Yreval on boards) who've still been meeting up weekly for King of Fighters XIII and ae, on Tuesday nights (6pm - 10pm) and Saturdays (2pm - 6pm). It's off over Christmas holidays but I think it comes back on the 7th Jan.

also I play on pc and ps3, will add you for some ae games. Welcome! :)
    Sounds awesome lol Just don't expect a lot of skill. My gamertag is GigasBreakerUK. I will try my best to get down to queens. Would be a good place to finally learn how to use my arcade stick lol just wondering tho is there a cost to get into the student union part?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

I think you've to pay £10 for a one year membership if you're a uni student anywhere, or £15 if not. But they never really check if you're a member to be honest (there's no ID cards etc) so you can just walk in lol

And that's no problem man, we can help you learn. Will add you on PSN tonight

In answer to your question on SRK, there's no point in deciding what character you're going to play until you've given all the candidates a spin. I had no intention of playing Guile in SF4 but a few games with him and I knew I had my guy, tier lists be damned.

In answer to your question on SRK, there's no point in deciding what character you're going to play until you've given all the candidates a spin. I had no intention of playing Guile in SF4 but a few games with him and I knew I had my guy, tier lists be damned.
    Hmmmm I don't remember ever posting on SRK about characters. Maybe it was someone else with the same name. I have pretty much been playing bison and balrog since I started to take the game seriously lol although when ultra comes out I'm gonna main Hugo. I love that derpy looking guy :)

Hmmmm I don't remember ever posting on SRK about characters. Maybe it was someone else with the same name. I have pretty much been playing bison and balrog since I started to take the game seriously lol although when ultra comes out I'm gonna main Hugo. I love that derpy looking guy :)

That's the biggest coincidence I've seen in a long time so, thread over there in the last 2 days by a guy called "emeraldgigasbreaker" saying how he's planning to get into his local small scene in the near future. Thread has of course devolved into sniping though. Lol

That's the biggest coincidence I've seen in a long time so, thread over there in the last 2 days by a guy called "emeraldgigasbreaker" saying how he's planning to get into his local small scene in the near future. Thread has of course devolved into sniping though. Lol

Thats really creepy lol Maybe i have an evil clone lol It's shocking how they can't go a page without someone acting like an ass lol over sound advice. You have to go though the whole cast or you'll never know who you like. Unless its marvel then you have to pick top teir to win lol unless your really good. we'll that's from an outsiders perspective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

New blood in Belfast whaaaaaaaaaa

New blood in Belfast whaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah very new :P Hopefully some things will start happening in Belfast soon, looks to me like the north misses out on tournaments and stuff compared to the south :(

Yeah very new :P Hopefully some things will start happening in Belfast soon, looks to me like the north misses out on tournaments and stuff compared to the south :(

Well if you all get together and try and make it work you never know :)

We used to travel to Belfast all the time, I do miss it.

Well if you all get together and try and make it work you never know :)

We used to travel to Belfast all the time, I do miss it.

Well i have not met anyone from in scene yet in person but i plan to go to queens student union tomorrow and get destroyed :D

Really dont know how we could get everyone together in belfast unless its like q-con or something

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

There's a shell of a scene that still plays on Saturdays in the Student Union at Queens, I think. Well, haven't heard from any of them in months, in fairness. I could/can rarely make it out.

Kanped wrote: »
    There's a shell of a scene that still plays on Saturdays in the Student Union at Queens, I think. Well, haven't heard from any of them in months, in fairness. I could/can rarely make it out.

I heard that too but to be honest I would just really like a place to play because online random people just is not for me. Also I don't learn anything I just get annoyed lol hopefully there will people there today I don't wanna be walking around looking for people as I don't no we're everything is in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

GigaBreakers UK and Emerald GigaBreakers?

I smell a Sitcom. on BBC 1 NI

Ha I would watch that lol can someone tell me if there is anyone is heading to queens today I don't wanna get there and be the only one there lol

I'll be in today at least, you see a guy with long hair, glasses and a red arcade stick that'll be me.

Hopefully I'll not be the only one but these days that's entirely a possibility. :pac:

I'll be in today at least, you see a guy with long hair, glasses and a red arcade stick that'll be me.

Hopefully I'll not be the only one but these days that's entirely a possibility. :pac:
    Sounds good :) at least I won't be alone lol although we're do I go when I get there?

• Advertisement

Sounds good :) at least I won't be alone lol although we're do I go when I get there?

In the front door, walk straight down to the very end, up the stairs, Door on your right as you're walking up them. You might need to walk through the first room to find them but no one will mind.

Signed, a guy from Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

It's in 'The Space'. 1 floor up.

In the front door, walk straight down to the very end, up the stairs, Door on your right as you're walking up them. You might need to walk through the first room to find them but no one will mind.

Signed, a guy from Dublin :)

Lol I have only been there twice and I was drunk both times so I don't remember all to well lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I'll be going as well, but I'll probably only be there until 8pm.

Right now there's no SF4 scene to speak of, just me and a few others playing KOF XIII and another group playing the new Blazblue. Ideally, I'd like to bring back the ranking battles we used to have here but due to other interests I can't go every week, so it'll be difficult. In any case, it's no good to have no tournaments here outside Q-Con.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I should be down tonight for some SF4 and there'll be at least one other SF player too.

Well I can at least watch kof13 lol I have it but have not really played it. Yeah another sf player :) Hopefully ae is on ps3 only have a ps3 stick. Should be there just after 6. Yea doom is right we gotta get something going up here. See yas there

Holy crap this is shaping up to be best turnout in months. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Uphoria

This is Queens in town right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Uphoria wrote: »
    This is Queens in town right?

Yes.

http://dragonslayers.org.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Uphoria

Cool I would love to check it out sometime :)

Ive played sf4 since vanilla and never played offline :(

Advertisement