Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where does your dog sleep?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

I always make sure hes in the bed with us...At least then I'm not the only one begging ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

All on/ in my bed

The springer spaniel (under the covers cuddles up to me) The jack Russell other side cuddled up to the backs of my legs.. and the cat on the end of my bed or my sisters depending on where his mood takes him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

My gsd sleeps outside my room door well always half way in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Cooper sleeps on a carpet mat at the base of the stairs. I've tried various beds for him and he has no interest in them but he made this scrap of carpet 'his' from the moment I put it down. I'm sure if he knew how to climb to the stairs he would try to sleep on the bed but fortunately he doesn't :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Sammy used to sleep in the kitchen in a bed, since he was 2 months till 4 nights ago (he is 6 months).

A month ago he started wailing and barking through the night (i started a thread on it, but nothing suggested worked), and he has eaten his bed so he was moved onto the bed of blankets.

4 nights ago, Sammy discovered that the door between the kitchen and the dining room doesnt close properly, and started pushing his way into the dining room and going into the sitting room to sleep on the couch (which he is allowed on).

I'm not going to stop him. Best 4 nights sleep I've had in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

folan wrote: »
    Sammy used to sleep in the kitchen in a bed, since he was 2 months till 4 nights ago (he is 6 months).

A month ago he started wailing and barking through the night (i started a thread on it, but nothing suggested worked), and he has eaten his bed so he was moved onto the bed of blankets.

4 nights ago, Sammy discovered that the door between the kitchen and the dining room doesnt close properly, and started pushing his way into the dining room and going into the sitting room to sleep on the couch (which he is allowed on).

I'm not going to stop him. Best 4 nights sleep I've had in a long time.

you know what... my cocker (nearly 9) for the past week has been crying and roaring from 12am (very unusal for him and he's too old for that nonsense) .. so i now leave the door into the living room open for him and like you best sleep ive had in ages :D

they really know how to get their own way cheeky devils :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

cocker5 wrote: »
    you know what... my cocker (nearly 9) for the past week has been crying and roaring from 12am (very unusal for him and he's too old for that nonsense) .. so i now leave the door into the living room open for him and like you best sleep ive had in ages :D

they really know how to get their own way cheeky devils :eek:

well, with Sammy, I think the changing weather might have had something to do with it, and we spend of of our time in the house in the sitting room with him, so he probably sees it as a safe place.

at least that is what im telling myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

folan wrote: »
    well, with Sammy, I think the changing weather might have had something to do with it, and we spend of of our time in the house in the sitting room with him, so he probably sees it as a safe place.

at least that is what im telling myself!

you know I thought it was down to all the storms of late, in our kitchen we have velux windows all over the place and the rain is really loud... sitting room faaaar nicer for him!

Could be all the bad weather!

you know when i get up at 6am and head down to the kitchen , he just stays on the couch and wags his tail.... like "no you come to me for a cuddle" - lazy git!!

What are we like!! Good thing they are ohh so cute!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭knarkypants

Our lad sleeps in the kitchen. Sure why would he want to sleep on my bed when he has his very own memory foam orthopedic dog bed. He's lucky we're not all bunking in with him!!!! :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

On the bed, either just below our feet, or over our heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Outside

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

I have two and they both sleep in the kitchen in their own beds.The JRT burrows under her vet bed every night,she does not do cold at all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

They each have a spot on my bed. They seem to have worked out a system between them whereby there is always one on the bed and the other one stretches out on the floor or in the dog bed in my bedroom. If something particularly stressful happened during the day, or if we've been apart for a night they'll both sleep as close to me as they can. They are both great big hefty collies, so they take up most of the bed.
    The funny thing is, if I'm sleeping apart from them I have to put something heavy like a suitcase on the bed or I can't sleep because I feel their absence.
    I swore when I first got the older chap as a tiny pup that he'd sleep at the end of my bed in his own bed. Then he got very sick with parvo, and it was touch and go for a few days. I was waking every hour on the hour to give him liquids and that was much easier to do if he was on my bed. It was all downhill from there I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

My dog sleeps outside in part of the shed that was converted into a cozy kennel with a dog flap. It took her a few weeks to get used to it but then we threw an old duvet cover in there and now sometimes it takes a little coaxing to get her out of it early in the morning!

Advertisement