Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up direct debit

Options
  • 31-12-2013 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi I was hoping you could help me. I need to set up a direct debit so that on the same day of every month a fixed amount will come out of my account. Only problem is that i need to do it today and i wont be able to go into the bank because im working until 6. Is there any other way to do it? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi icanmunch

Thank you for your post.

A direct debit is usually set up by the company you are trying to pay. Is it a Standing Order you wish to set up? 

If this is the case, regrettably it will not be possible to set this up and transact the payment today.

As you mention, it is not possible for you to call into a branch. If you have access to your account on Bank of Ireland 365 online, you can set up a Standing Order under the 'Manage Accounts' option when logged into your account. However, once instructed online, it will generate a security code to the address on your account within 3-5 working days. Upon activating this code, the Standing Order payments will commence for you.

If you have your mobile registered online to receive security codes by text for payees, one option might be to add the details as a payee and transfer funds today while you are awaiting to proceed with the Standing Order instruction.

If there is anything else we can help you with please ask.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

Hi icanmunch

Thank you for your post.

A direct debit is usually set up by the company you are trying to pay. Is it a Standing Order you wish to set up? 

If this is the case, regrettably it will not be possible to set this up and transact the payment today.

As you mention, it is not possible for you to call into a branch. If you have access to your account on Bank of Ireland 365 online, you can set up a Standing Order under the 'Manage Accounts' option when logged into your account. However, once instructed online, it will generate a security code to the address on your account within 3-5 working days. Upon activating this code, the Standing Order payments will commence for you.

If you have your mobile registered online to receive security codes by text for payees, one option might be to add the details as a payee and transfer funds today while you are awaiting to proceed with the Standing Order instruction.

If there is anything else we can help you with please ask.

Thanks
    Alison

Hi Alison,

Thanks for you're help. I havent got 365 set up yet, how do I go about setting it up?

Thanks,

Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi icanmunch

To register for Bank of Ireland 365, you can call 0818 365 365 or 00353 14044000. 

A representative will be happy to help you. Representatives are available today until 8pm.

If you need further help, please let us know.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

Thats brilliant thanks a million,

Ian

Advertisement