Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Sportive's for 2014??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Reservoir Cogs

nilhg wrote: »
    THE Cycle4DSI we did last year mustn't count so, just blown away in the wind.......;)

I was there too eek.png!

Its the first year that its on the CI calendar with Reservoir Cogs involvement, and the date was moved to May to (hopefully) avoid conditions similar to last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I'm doing the Sean Kelly Tour this year just so we go to the Tannery.

I am going to cycle around Stephens Green just so that I can go to Thorntons.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    Sounds good - would like to do this, having thus far not managed to get to Wicklow for these famous gaps. But does it clash with Mount Leinster Challenge?? - usually in May, but haven't seen a date for it this year.

It clashes with mt Leinster. Saturdays suit me better for sportives not many in the whole year and now here's two I'd like to do on the same Saturday which also happens to be a first communion day I have to go to:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 helloworld15

Quick question. 3 day Gorey cycle on the 21st April. Is this a race over 3 days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Tomred13

Quick question. 3 day Gorey cycle on the 21st April. Is this a race over 3 days?

Hi Helloworld15

The Gorey 3 Day is a legendary beast of a road race.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 helloworld15

Cheers.Maybe not this year so!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Did the 3-day kingdom alliance sportive (now called Tour of Kerry) last year on June weekend. Great event & well run for its first year and the organisers seem to have taken on board the feedback from participants. A 50 and 100 mile route each day. Last year's stages 2 and 3 (which are 1 and 2 this year) were brilliant. Plenty of climbing and fantastic scenery. Well worth doing. Starts and finishes in Tralee each day. Info at http://tkas.ie

Something came up last year so couldn't do this one but do you know if they'll have any discounts this year for doing the triple. From what I remember they had early registration discounts last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I'm doing the Sean Kelly Tour this year just so we go to the Tannery.

What time of year is the Sean Kelly Tour on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Amprodude wrote: »
    What time of year is the Sean Kelly Tour on?

24th August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

24th August.

I will be back in Ireland then 2 weeks before that date but i will be off bike for 2.5 months so i dont know if i will be able for it??

I will be training hard up to june but then there will be a gap. I really want to do it but it may be a big ask. Is it tough?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭goldenboots

Something came up last year so couldn't do this one but do you know if they'll have any discounts this year for doing the triple. From what I remember they had early registration discounts last year?

From the website it seems that there is a flat rate of €30 for each stage this year, with an extra €10 if registering on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

I’m aiming to do 4 or 5 sportives this year, and I’m based in Dublin, so I’ve come up with the following shortlist based on this thread and some other feedback. Dunno if it’s any use to anyone else…

April

Tour of Wicklow (part of the Skoda series) on 12/04 – 116km

May

Orwell Randonee in Wicklow (Orwell CC) on 03/05 – 140km

Mick Byrne 200 in Wicklow (Sorrento CC) on 25/05 – 200km, €15-20

Mt Leinster Challenge in Enniscorthy (Slaney Cycling Club) on ? – 140km, €25

Cycle Against Suicide Dundalk > Dublin on 11/05 – 91km, €40

June

Evil 200 in Wicklow? (boards unofficial) on 07/06 – 200km, €0

Wicklow 200 (IVCA) on 08/06 – 200km, €40

Ride the 6 Nations (discoveradventure.com) on 24/06 (Belfast > Dublin) and 25/06 (Dublin > Rosslare) – 180km & 150 km, £49 per day + £250 collected

July

?

August

Leinster Loop in Carlow (leinsterloop.com) on 17/08 – 130km, €30

September

Dying Cow in Wicklow (Audax Ireland) on 13/09 – 200km, €10

Wexford Cycle UCD > Wexford on 14/09? – 136km, €100 + €100 collected

October

Le Petit Braquet Memorial in Wicklow? (boards unofficial) on ?/10 – 50-80km, €donation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭fixie fox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

AltAccount wrote: »
    I’m aiming to do 4 or 5 sportives this year, and I’m based in Dublin, so I’ve come up with the following shortlist based on this thread and some other feedback. Dunno if it’s any use to anyone else…

April

Tour of Wicklow (part of the Skoda series) on 12/04 – 116km

May

Orwell Randonee in Wicklow (Orwell CC) on 03/05 – 140km

Mick Byrne 200 in Wicklow (Sorrento CC) on 25/05 – 200km, €15-20

Mt Leinster Challenge in Enniscorthy (Slaney Cycling Club) on ? – 140km, €25

Cycle Against Suicide Dundalk > Dublin on 11/05 – 91km, €40

June

Evil 200 in Wicklow? (boards unofficial) on 07/06 – 200km, €0

Wicklow 200 (IVCA) on 08/06 – 200km, €40

Ride the 6 Nations (discoveradventure.com) on 24/06 (Belfast > Dublin) and 25/06 (Dublin > Rosslare) – 180km & 150 km, £49 per day + £250 collected

July

?

August

Leinster Loop in Carlow (leinsterloop.com) on 17/08 – 130km, €30

September

Dying Cow in Wicklow (Audax Ireland) on 13/09 – 200km, €10

Wexford Cycle UCD > Wexford on 14/09? – 136km, €100 + €100 collected

October

Le Petit Braquet Memorial in Wicklow? (boards unofficial) on ?/10 – 50-80km, €donation

An Post Tour of Meath is July !

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Any got a profile for the Tour of Wicklow sportive which is part of the Skoda Series in April?

Could be a decent prep for the WW200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭2x4

DD Mikasa wrote: »
    Any got a profile for the Tour of Wicklow sportive which is part of the Skoda Series in April?

Could be a decent prep for the WW200

Routes available for the Tour of Wicklow (12th April 2014) at the links below:

60km route
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/346411557

110km route
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/346423501

Register online here
    http://www.fitmagazine.ie/events/race/skoda-cycle-series-wicklow-sportive

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Great, cheers for this 2x4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Can confirm date for Mount Leinster Challenge this year is Saturday May 17th. Entry will open early in Feb with numbers again limited to 300.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

MichealD wrote: »
    Can confirm date for Mount Leinster Challenge this year is Saturday May 17th. Entry will open early in Feb with numbers again limited to 300.

Definitely interested in this one, nice alternative to the WW for me. Same route as last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Details being finalised but should be the same. One ascent of Mt Leinster on the 100km and a 2nd from different direction on 140km.

Link to last years information but no major changes expected. http://www.slaneycyclingclub.com/?page_id=33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

MichealD wrote: »

Great event, really well run.
    Food stop is amazing..

Advertisement