Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Utd v Spurs

Options
  • 31-12-2013 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

What do you reckon with this one?
    15/4 to win.
    1/1 +1.
    I think we'll win......maybe 3-2 again.

Lloris

Walker - Dawson - Chriches - Rose.

Lennon - Dembele - Holtby - Siggy.

Soldado - Ade.

Maybe Capoue instead of Holtby...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I just wonder if after Lamelas display when he came on v stoke would be enough to get him a start.

The poor lad would be fed to the sharks yet again. For me it wouldn't be ideal for him to start that game but he might get thrown in.

Overall man united have won the last 6 games so I don't think we'll win, maybe we'll scrape a draw but with how open Sherwood has his defence I definitely see us leaking goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Utd like to attack as do we, which makes these games so entertaining. Norwich were rather unlucky against them, they gave it a bloody good go. When we played them last season and won, we came under a siege in the second half due to sitting back, very uncomfortable viewing but awe inspiring result.

I'd say the possession stats for Utd that day were rather high, the difference was we took our chances. So it'll be down to the striker/strikers? If Soldado could bag one against the big boys, then maybe he'll start firing. Winning this game could have a huge impact in our season, don't think we've beaten anyone in the top 7 or 8.

Love these games, nothing to fear here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

We'll have a short spell in charge but will miss a great chance to go ahead. That'll spur them into action and they'll dominate the game and run out comfortable 2-0 winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

What do you reckon with this one?
    15/4 to win.
    1/1 +1.
    I think we'll win......maybe 3-2 again.

Lloris

Lennon - Dembele - Holtby - Siggy.

Soldado - Ade.

Maybe Capoue instead of Holtby...

Holtby - Siggy in the same midfield? Hopefully not!

Lloris

Lennon - Dembele - Capoue- Erickson.

Soldado - Ade.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

yiddo59 wrote: »

Lloris

Soldado - Ade.

Hope not too... just think we'll need grafters... and these boys do clock up miles.... plus fatigue.... there will definitely be changes.
    If Rooney is out i think we'll win!!!

• Advertisement

yiddo59 wrote: »

Lloris

Soldado - Ade.

I'd probably play Eriksen myself.

Eriksen was weak on the wing against Stoke and Dawson is embarrassing. I wish we would have sold Dawson in the summer, he constantly gives away possession with terrible passes and get caught flat footed at least a couple of times each game. Lamela needs a few starts to come good.

Heres my team for the UTD match

Lloris

Walker - Capoue - Chriches - Rose.

Lennon - Dembele - Erickson - Lamela.

Soldado - Ade.

Half an hour until new year. Might be a bit pissed but just thought I'd say even though most don't like me on here I do enjoy the banter that has been had!

Wish you all a happy new year and hopefully a very happy 2014 for Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

irishmover wrote: »
    Half an hour until new year. Might be a bit pissed but just thought I'd say even though most don't like me on here I do enjoy the banter that has been had!

Most don't like me, ye big fanny

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

irishmover wrote: »

Happy new year to yourself too man!thanks

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Most don't like me, ye big fanny

So mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I wouldn't have Eriksen on the team, he's been so poor and doesn't work hard enough. Then there's Holtby who works hard but produces very little. Is Sandro out for long?

This will be a real test for Tim as if he stick with 4 - 4 - 2 we could be in for a tough time. We'll definitely need a more defensive, or at the very least, solid midfield. Dembele and Capoue for me, if it's 4 across the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I'd take a draw and I recon that's the best we can hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Wouldn't put Ericksen near the team either, he's been brutal. With the injuries the defence picks itself, hopefully the midf will comprise of Lennon, Dembele, Capoué and Lamela if we're going 4-4-2. Stick Holtby in if we're going 4-5-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Moyes said RVP not ready and Rooney didn't train today, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Real shame we are missing Paulinho, fancied him to have a big game against United.

Think we should go with 5 in midfield and over run them there, play on the counter and get the ball to Lennon and whoever plays left wing. Probably go with Ade over Soldado up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'd feel a bit more confident if we had either of Sandro or Paulinho in the team but we won't so Dembele and Capoue hopefully in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Have a sneaking suspicion he may play Lennon,Bentaleb,Dembele,Capoue and Lamela in a 5 man midfield with Ade upfront..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Glebee wrote: »
    I'd take a draw and I recon that's the best we can hope for.

I'd take a draw also but worse teams than us have beaten United this season. I think this will be a close one and could go either way. Thank fcuk we have a big squad with all the injuries.

2-2 or 2-3 to us. I think he should stick with Ade and Soldado up front.

Jesus "play Ade", never thought I would say that again.

There could be something in that saying "never say never", afterall.

Happy New year girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

What is the story with Sandro? Will he be available?

• Advertisement

mushykeogh wrote: »
    What is the story with Sandro? Will he be available?

No still injured. Along with Verts and Kaboul.

Not sure about Rose though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

COYS today we ignite our title challenge!

Might as well start the New Year as an optimist ey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Heard it's Howard Webb so Utd are due a peno, we're most likely a goal down before kick-off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Heard it's Howard Webb so Utd are due a peno, we're most likely a goal down before kick-off

That's depressing. He shouldn't be let near a Utd home game. That decision against gomes a few years ago arguably cost Liverpool the league.

Rooney starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Rooney starts. Great

Today’s line-up: Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose; Lennon, Capoue, Dembele, Eriksen; Adebayor, Soldado.

United XI vs @SpursOfficial: De Gea; Smalling, Evans, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Januzaj; Rooney, Welbeck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Interesting. I still wouldn't have Eriksen on the wing, surely Chadli would be a better option, seeing as he's an actual winger? Pity about Rooney starting too as he'll no doubt score.

Advertisement