Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Utd v Spurs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Come on you Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Hopefully Ade is ok. Thought Dawson was pretty darn good today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

That'll give massive confidence to our players. This could be the start of something brilliant. COYS!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

You feckin beauties. COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Pretty damn chuffed with that I have to say 2 wins in 2 years in Old Trafford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What a result! I thought we played very well and got a little lucky when Lloris caught Young but if it was anyone other than that diving wanker it might have been given. Justice! D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

the theatre of Spurs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

love seeing that vile club and their fickle fans lose :D
    most yellows for consent in the league and rooney mouthing to the ref at ft just sums up how scummy that club is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

satisfaction.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dodgygeezer

Great result for a team still gelling together! Hopefully we can start doing the business at home....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

i thought lennon was excellent today. he really is a vital part of the team

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Well well well.. isnt it great to enjoy watching spurs again. Even if we'd drew or lost that, its bloody exciting.

Sherwood made a few strange calls in my eyes. Taking off our only defensive CM and not moving chadli out left to sit on the young belgian fella..but who cares 3 ooints at old trafford :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

AVB would have won 3-1. Sherwood out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

Great result for a team still gelling together! Hopefully we can start doing the business at home....

Good point! 15 points at home, 22 points away after 20 games is just bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Well done Tim Sherwoods Bottlers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Wouldn't 1-2 be a United fan right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

A great 3 points! Rode our luck a little bit but that's the way it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Wouldn't 1-2 be a United fan right now

gonna steal that and send it to my manu mates:D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Yeaaaaaahhh, had to be forcibly removed from the local by the missus for goading the the local fc united fraternity, what a win , Tim I had my doubts this is a big big win.

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Just back from the pub where I watched the game,packed out with Man Utd fans and just 3 yids,by jaysus were we buzzing at the end:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bottlers tag gets tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Brilliant win, some great performances.
    Just need to sort the home form.
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ziedth wrote: »
    That'll do donkey...

Wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I was dissapointed and a little bitter when AVB was sacked but it has been some ride since. I went through all the emotions under the sun today, can't say I enjoyed them all. When the final whistle went, relief and joy. I am a happy little yid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Nixer Jim

AVB lovers must be feeling God dam repentant now. When Tim Sherwood can win at OT with the most open of open teams in a long time it says it all.

Thank God he's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I feel for AVB but i'm beginning to think that if I had that Porto team and a decent backroom staff we could win the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Nixer Jim wrote: »
    AVB lovers must be feeling God dam repentant now. When Tim Sherwood can win at OT with the most open of open teams in a long time it says it all.

Thank God he's gone.

We did win there last year under AVB for the first time in a million years!

Nixer Jim wrote: »

Thank God he's gone.

Absolutely not. Firstly it's only 4 games in. Also, AVB won there last season lest you forget. Regardless of how Sherwood does with Spurs it was simply the wrong decision to sack AVB. It would be nice if we actually gave a coach the respect he deserves to finish a project the club invested so heavily in.

There's something almost Kamikaze like about the way Sherwood sets us up. A better team would have destroyed us today. Our left flank was brutally exposed for almost 90 minutes and we were lucky that Sherwood's opposite number is tactically inept. Taking Carrick off pushed Rooney back into midfield where he was ineffective. Januzaj was only moved to the right for 10-15 minutes, had he been there from the start we would have done well to even score.
    With the way we are playing under Sherwood, it's do or die. It's exciting for the common fan who loves attacking football, but he's certainly not a long-term coach. He seems to come from the Harry Redknapp school of coaching where "go out there and put yourself about" is a common instruction. I might be wrong about that, but it certainly looks that way. As another poster said, it was perhaps blind luck that we were forced to start a DM today, as I think Sherwood would have gone with the same line up as last week were it available.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    I feel for AVB but i'm beginning to think that if I had that Porto team and a decent backroom staff we could win the league.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Advertisement