Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat brought in a 'gift'...

• 31-12-2013 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭

So the cat brought in a robin today. He didn't eat it yet. At the moment it is in the back-kitchen, while the cat is asleep in the living room. Will the cat eat the bird do you think? Or should I bury it in the garden?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Get rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Thread title should read...
    Cat, man and Robin.

Couldn't resist OP, sorry!

RangeR wrote: »
    Get rid.

Yes indeed. Get rid (of the bird that is). Badum-tish! I here all week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

The bird is a gift for you , cats do that from time to time. I look after a stray cat and it brought a Rat and a bird into the back garden , its their way of saying thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

One of my cats leaves little dead mice under my bed. We just get rid of them when she's not lookin! One time my dad threw one over the hedge and my dog thought it was a game of fetch and brought it back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    One of my cats leaves little dead mice under my bed. We just get rid of them when she's not lookin!

Same here, when I get given a 'present' I tell them how clever they are, make a big deal about it and then bin it when they're not looking. As mine have bells on their collar their gifts are rare and sometimes decomposing - I think they find corpses and try to pass them off as their own kills.

I would actively discourage them from eating anything that they've brought home as it would probably be vomited onto my pillow at 3am, and I'd be a bit concerned about poison, parasites, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement