Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you regret buying your xbox one?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

erkifino wrote: »
    Do you mean you have to be friends to message them? No more messages telling me what my mother got up to or telling me what my sexuality is?!:pac:

You need to log onto xbox.com to message them now. It's nice to be able to message someone you just played to play in a private lobby (good for fighting games).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You need to log onto xbox.com to message them now. It's nice to be able to message someone you just played to play in a private lobby (good for fighting games).

these are all clunky things that they will hopefully iron out over the coming months as they get feedback from the users

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

happy with my purchase - prefer the games I have over the PS4, though that could be down to the games themselves.

Sucked in by Forza and Ryse (Dead Rising and CoD not so much) on Xbox One.

NFS, BF4 and Killzone not drawn me in on the PS4.

Still prefer the Xbox interface and controller over the PS4 counterparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

No regrets what so ever :D

Loving BF4 even tho its not working proplerly
    Fifa 14 i never seem to get bored of
    Joypad is a joy to hold
    and kinect makes life handier then usual

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Extreme regret. I bought it really just to play Forza 5 and that game is a huge let down compared to 4.

How much could I expect to get if I sold it now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

No, Ryse is fcuking awesome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Extreme regret. I bought it really just to play Forza 5 and that game is a huge let down compared to 4.

If it's a day one edition, probably most (if not all) what you paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I have to say I though about this thread last night

Im actually delighted with my xbox one. Since I got it on day one I havnt turned it off. I got the COD Ghosts one by surprise so was happy about that. Was €40 more.

I have not turned it off since. Bought Fifa 14, DR3, Forza and Battlefield along with COD Ghosts. Am mostly playing Fifa with a bit of Battlefield and im very happy.

Have netflix on it too as Im a series junkie. I think I have actually earned a few achievements for sitting on my arse for hours watching it haha.

Also the movies store has got fair use aswell and is seamless enough, payment is quick and movie instantly available.

All in all I think its class, there is alot of complaints, updates are going to sort most of the petty problems in time.

I have to say I absolutely freaked when I saw the AA batterys for the controller, thought by the looks of that I had bought a newly reshaped 360 but simple rechargable AA battery set up got me sorted. I didnt opt for the play and charge or whatever you call it because I didnt want to be stuck to a wire while playing, so got an energiser recharger with like 4 batteries included, gave them a charge and started playing, just charge 2 while playing with the other 2 and you easily forget about raiding every press in the house for a couple of batteries.

Skype is pretty cool with Kinect, have had a good few convos on it and the switching between it and games its pretty smooth and have talked to alot of my friends who have left ireland without any major issues.

So no I dont regret it one bit!

*PS got a new TV for it too, looks sick as tits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Cant say i regret it but i dont love it. Cant play bf4, ghost is boring as hell same as forza. Im back to my 360 for the moment as im tired of the constant dashboards while im playing. Im not disappointed though it was more or less what I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I'm very disappointed with it to be honest

The things I loved so much on the 360 are gone,what I really expected with the one was a fater better version of the 360 but that didn't happen.

I think what ruined it for me was that I got a PS4.I hated the PS3, but this time they have excelled.

Its a proper gaming machine and that's what I need at the moment.Not a half cut media center.Ill probably sell my XBONE soon enough.

Really gutted over it because I've loved the 360 since day one..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I'd strongly advise you don't buy Battlefield 4 on Xbox One. Over a month and a half after release the game is still half broken.

its broken on the ps4 as well....just to add balance, and we know micrsoft is all about balance ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

I will buy the X1 at the end of the year, around Sept - Dec....see what kind of bundle offers are going about. I think the firmware is way too immature at this point...i'll need to see more features added first. But i will certainly purchase at a later date :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jenjenten wrote: »
    its broken on the ps4 as well....just to add balance, and we know micrsoft is all about balance ;)

Not "as broken" though, I have not had a crash in about 2 weeks now on Ps4 which is decent for such a broken game....

The Xbox One version seems to crash to dash a lot...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Not "as broken" though, I have not had a crash in about 2 weeks now on Ps4 which is decent for such a broken game....

The Xbox One version seems to crash to dash a lot...

I dont think crashing to the dashboard has anything to do with BF. Everygame I play crashes to the dashboard. Forza, CoD crashed several times yesterday as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Lol at the obvious Sony fanboys. :D. "Proper gaming console" - indeeeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

bur wrote: »

This thread won't be allowed to descend into a flame war, it's specifically for people who purchased the Xbox One & to ask if they regret it. People are entitled to an opinion, be it one way or the other, so lets keep things from descending into school yard nonsense
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bohrio wrote: »
    I dont think crashing to the dashboard has anything to do with BF. Everygame I play crashes to the dashboard. Forza, CoD crashed several times yesterday as well...

I haven't had any other games than B4 crash to the dashboard, apart from NBA2k14 but that only happened once. It's a regular thing with BF so I returned it to Gamestop.

bur wrote: »

Trust me when I say this..
    I'm gutted over the xbone.I really wanted it to be superb but I cant feel it at the moment..

I hated Sony, but after playing both since christmas,I feel the PS4 is the one for me

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    I haven't had any other games than B4 crash to the dashboard, apart from NBA2k14 but that only happened once. It's a regular thing with BF so I returned it to Gamestop.

Lucky you.. just yesterday it happened to me 4 times with ghost and twice with forza. Havent played BF in weeks and wont try playing it again until is fixed, at this rate probably sometime in 2020

Kev. wrote: »
    Trust me when I say this..
    I'm gutted over the xbone.I really wanted it to be superb but I cant feel it at the moment..

It'll get there in terms of the UI & stability, none of the problems people have mentioned can't be fixed through updates. Admittedly, I did kinda expect the One to hit the ground running so to speak...by taking the successes of the 360 and expanding upon them, but that wasn't to be. But they will improve it, & it will get better...that's guaranteed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

One thing ms do need to do is fix the prices for their online/ on demand content.

I really couldn't care if something comes with smart glass functionality if I wanna watch a film price is a factor.

However saying that some of the content they have is really cool .

Myrddin wrote: »
    It'll get there in terms of the UI & stability, none of the problems people have mentioned can't be fixed through updates. Admittedly, I did kinda expect the One to hit the ground running so to speak...by taking the successes of the 360 and expanding upon them, but that wasn't to be. But they will improve it, & it will get better...that's guaranteed :)

I think there is an element of high expectations on everyone when it comes to ms that may not apply to its competitors.

The xbox had many more years than previous consoles to perfect itself and like you said the one will catch up in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

I expected the one to be at the same level of the 360 and build on from there. Not start way behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

in my opinion the xbox one is more of an entertainment system than a console. I also think that it has many feature a regular gamer wouldnt use (e,g the tv channels, connect) I also think the price is very steep compared to the ps4. But thats just me

in my opinion the xbox one is more of an entertainment system than a console. I also think that it has many feature a regular gamer wouldnt use (e,g the tv channels, connect) I also think the price is very steep compared to the ps4. But thats just me

So do you regret buying it?

markad1 wrote: »
    I expected the one to be at the same level of the 360 and build on from there. Not start way behind it.

Talk to any mmo player they will tell you launch expectations on any new game regardless of what came before should never be set so high.

I don't want to sound like an apologist for ms but when it comes to launch anything you have to expect some level of issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Personally I think it's a lot better for my needs than the ps4. An all out gaming console wouldn't be used as much, and the xbox's entertainment features are used quite a bit.

Myrddin wrote: »
    by taking the successes of the 360 and expanding upon them, but that wasn't to be. But they will improve it, & it will get better...that's guaranteed :)

Thats exactly what I wanted from day one.the best things on the 360 but better! I dont think they needed to reinvent the bloody thing.

Although Im slowly warming to it.
    I had a mate over today and he was blown away by the xbox.

He didnt like the PS4 as much.The Xbone has the wow factor in terms of things it can do.

And you are right ,it will improve, but I hope it comes sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Blame the game not the console.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

The only issue for me there isn't enough of games yet for XB1, that i like. I heard the xb1, is getting a driver update and patch in the next two weeks or so, we should see improvement with the OS features and new stuff, and frame rate performance should be better with the new driver.

I use my PC too on the xb1, by using HDMI out, i love it. No regrets buying it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement