If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend a flat speaker cable for BXFX rears..

Options
  • 31-12-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

I'm using QED Ruby Anniversary on the front BX6 / BXC and having trouble settling on a discrete / flat cable for the matching BXFX at the rear .. cable run will be 10m .. running it under the carpet around the bottom of the skirting board. 

Thanks,

Seamie Mac.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

seamie mac wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm using QED Ruby Anniversary on the front BX6 / BXC and having trouble settling on a discrete / flat cable for the matching BXFX at the rear .. cable run will be 10m .. running it under the carpet around the bottom of the skirting board. 

Thanks,

Seamie Mac.
    Seamie Mac - thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you!

Nice system and Ruby Anniversary is great cable - however I understand the problem and we do have a solution - the Cambridge Audio Symphony 300 is a really excellent flat cable:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-300/gale-symphony-300

It's normally £1.99/Meter - we will do a 25% Boardie discount on that for you so the total would be just £14.90 if you would like to go ahead with it of course :) .

thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seamie mac

Hi,

Thanks,

Seamie Mac.
    Seamie Mac - thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you!

Nice system and Ruby Anniversary is great cable - however I understand the problem and we do have a solution - the Cambridge Audio Symphony 300 is a really excellent flat cable:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-300/gale-symphony-300

It's normally £1.99/Meter - we will do a 25% Boardie discount on that for you so the total would be just £14.90 if you would like to go ahead with it of course :) .

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John,

I left it for a few days as I knew you guys would be mental with the sale on.

The [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Symphony 300 l[/font]ooks grand and I appreciate the Boardie discount. Its a 10m run to each of the rears so I'll double that to 20m / £29.80

I can't find an AWG / mm sq spec for that cable but I assume the 300 is fine for a 33ft / 10m run to the 8 ohm BXFX's ??

If thats in doubt could I double up the cable, as its flat, and do 2 runs to each speaker (just to have twice the copper on each channel) - I do like my bass!! 

What do you think? - let me know and I'll phone the shop and sort things out.

Speaking of bass - I'll be on to you at end of the month re the BXW10 to complete the BX6 / BXC / BXFX family. With the Denon DBT-3313ud doing a wonderful job already I'm next saving my euros towards the avr-4000x to replace my avr-1910. That should really make those SACD's shine even more :) ... 

Seamie Mac.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi,

Thanks,

Seamie Mac.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John,

I left it for a few days as I knew you guys would be mental with the sale on.

The Symphony 300 looks grand and I appreciate the Boardie discount. Its a 10m run to each of the rears so I'll double that to 20m / £29.80

I can't find an AWG / mm sq spec for that cable but I assume the 300 is fine for a 33ft / 10m run to the 8 ohm BXFX's ??

If thats in doubt could I double up the cable, as its flat, and do 2 runs to each speaker (just to have twice the copper on each channel) - I do like my bass!! 

What do you think? - let me know and I'll phone the shop and sort things out.

Speaking of bass - I'll be on to you at end of the month re the BXW10 to complete the BX6 / BXC / BXFX family. With the Denon DBT-3313ud doing a wonderful job already I'm next saving my euros towards the avr-4000x to replace my avr-1910. That should really make those SACD's shine even more :) ... 

Seamie Mac.
    Seamie,

Symphony 300 really is an excellent cable - unfortunately Cambridge Audio dont publish AWG's for their cables however we have used the 300 in some fairly serious installs and it works well - no danger of your Bass being short-changed and I really dont think you need to double up your cables.

On the BXW10 - its not offically in the sale - it's normally £449.95, RS are discounting it to £399.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/monitor-audio/bronze-bxw10/moni-audio-bxw10-blk

- But if you can order it before the end of the month - I'll do it at a super Boardie special of £299.95 - which should make the AVRX4000 more achievable!  

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.