Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensor light problem

Options
  • 31-12-2013 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I changed a bulb in an outside sensor light for an elderly neighbour a few days ago and it went on straight away when I put the bulb in. I was told that there was no switch for it and expected it to go off after a while, he rang me earlier and told me it hasn't gone off since. Has anyone any idea what the problem might be. I hate taking the bulb out as it's needed where it is at the side of the house, thanks in advance

Tady

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

cut the power to it for about 30 seconds

restore power then

if it stays on permanently after that there must be a fault with fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

cut the power to it for about 30 seconds

restore power then

if it stays on permanently after that there must be a fault with fitting

Thanks, I'm not great at the DIY, I presume that's done by the main switch at fuse box?

Shady Tady wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm not great at the DIY, I presume that's done by the main switch at fuse box?

fuse or main switch if there's no light switch fitted

a switch or breaker is probably better

so long as the power doesn't flicker when you're putting it back on..it might put the light back in permanent mode if that's the problem

a switch or breaker is probably better

so long as the power doesn't flicker when you're putting it back on..it might put the light back in permanent mode if that's the problem

Thanks, I'll try that

• Advertisement

Shady Tady wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll try that

That worked, thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭mattser

Another sensor problem. Mine stopped working about 2 months ago. Changed bulb...still not working. Lo and behold I walk out the back last night and it works. Working tonight also.
    Same thing happened this time last year. Do sensor lights take winter holidays, or can anyone explain ?

Advertisement