Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex Signet 300 Error

Options
  • 31-12-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

We lost power last Thursday for a period of 1 day. It wasn't completely gone as there was still voltage at the sockets as the LED in them was illuminated but no lights or appliances were working. Phone chargers still functioned so I'm guessing there was >110V but <230V. I turned off all the MCB's at the panel once I saw this but it happened in the middle of the night so there was a period of at least a few hours where it was like this.

Since the power went the alarm hasn't been working (I'm finally getting around to investigating it). On each of the 2 key panels the green LED for power is illuminated but there is also a red LED with arrows pointing in both directions that is illuminated. The display shows "RFID: NONE MODULE:NONE" and inputting the PIN has no impact.

I tried powering down and then back up the main panel to see if this would help (I removed the battery as well) but this hasn't changed anything. On the LED's at the top of the panel LED 7 is constantly illuminated (System Heartbeat should be flashing?). After a period of approx 15 seconds, LED 7 turns off, LED 5 (System Fault) illuminates, there's a beep and then LED 4 and 7 come on, LED 4 turns off and the cycle commences again.

Any ideas on what the problem may be?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try pressing the reset button on the top right hand corner of the PCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

Thanks for the quick reply. The 2nd and 3rd LED (Mains status and Battery status) are now illuminated. The same cycle between LED 4,5 & 7 is continuing. There is also now an audible beep from the internal siren every 20 seconds.....

The error on the keypad is unchanged

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you a multimeter to check the power output from the transformer & the panel?
    Sounds like it could be a power problem.
    Also try disconnecting the battery & power up on the mains only.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

I disconnected the battery, powered up on mains only and pressed reset. There was an error appeared on the keypad and LED 2 was illuminated but this was because of the battery not being connected. I then reconnected the battery and pressed reset and it went back to normal operation.

Looks like it's fixed.

Thanks a million for your help!

Your welcome.

• Advertisement
Advertisement