Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

I should have taken a screen shot of the table last night, will be the one and only day I'll be near the top :D

I'm itching to go for a run and swim to halt my dramatic fall but must listen to my coach!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Am I blind is there a magical link I can't find? Also can I update on my phone? First training session today of the new year and second on in about 5 hours.

Hopefully gonna give this a good go.

EDIT: yep I was blind. Found the link

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

Hi MCOS, would i be right in assuming that treadmill KM's are to be logged as road KM's?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Pmaldini wrote: »
    Hi MCOS, would i be right in assuming that treadmill KM's are to be logged as road KM's?
    Good question. Entirely up to yourself whether you consider it "off road" :D. Generally the off road options involve mud of sorts.

So many other columns I could add in but I figured the monthly league was a big enough change.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

Good question. Entirely up to yourself whether you consider it "off road" :D. Generally the off road options involve mud of sorts.

So many other columns I could add in but I figured the monthly league was a big enough change.

Dont think the wifey would like me spreading mud on the treadmill so ill have to stick with Cratloe and Slieve Felim for the muddy off road hilly stuff:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Just started this, I promise to try not to break the table. First entry and at number 1, that won't last long!

Bit competitive already on the hoochie front! With Dory Dory hitting the bike for mdot events, Oryx going long and RC the reigning queen of the last 3 years, its gonna be a good battle to watch this year methinks, particularly with a fresh battle each month :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Bit competitive already on the hoochie front! With Dory Dory hitting the bike for mdot events, Oryx going long and RC the reigning queen of the last 3 years, its gonna be a good battle to watch this year methinks, particularly with a fresh battle each month :D

Their adoring fans should be able to purchase "tribute" aids to help them in their battle, like in The Hunger Games. For instance, RQ will survive longer with a set of stabilizers in her arsenal...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

@El D - nice pace for a new years day run!

Fixed that now...I wish that was my easy pace :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Hoping i am joining this tomorrow!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Fixed that now...I wish that was my easy pace :o

just spotted we have the same goal races, good luck with the training, will keep an eye on your numbers!!!

First bronze of the year to Solobally8, well done!

joey100 wrote: »
    Just started this, I promise to try not to break the table. First entry and at number 1, that won't last long!
    Going well so far :)

First bronze of the year to Solobally8, well done!

Thanks but it's easy when I'm only biking at the moment :)

mossym wrote: »
    just spotted we have the same goal races, good luck with the training, will keep an eye on your numbers!!!

Ah yes indeed! We are the only two so far that have picked the national Olympic and Middle distance championships as our A races! Though I see a lot have pick either one. Best of luck to you too dude, it'll be great to track each other and meet in Kilkee come June :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sick again. :( Just a run yesterday and rest today.

Next time everyone else in the house is sick I'm isolating myself. :(

Hey Valerie, what 'other' cardio are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Good god, Solobally8 you are rockin' that bike, babe!!! Whoop whoop!!!! ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Right, I'm in too, and a massive update to get me started :(
    Ah yes indeed! We are the only two so far that have picked the national Olympic and Middle distance championships as our A races! Though I see a lot have pick either one. Best of luck to you too dude, it'll be great to track each other and meet in Kilkee come June :)

Same targeted races lads but I have seen neither a bike nor a pool in 5 weeks and I've "ran" once in 3 weeks. MCOS can we add a booze column??

BTH wrote: »
    Right, I'm in too, and a massive update to get me started :(

Same targeted races lads but I have seen neither a bike nor a pool in 5 weeks and I've "ran" once in 3 weeks. MCOS can we add a booze column??

Oh excellent! There is going to be some fierce competition at these races :cool: love it :) Bike and run going okay at the moment, Raheny 5 will test run and 3/4 duathlons before mid April will show how bike/run is going too. Swimming, different story, no swim in 3 weeks. All in all though I'm in my best Jan shape ever I think.

• Advertisement

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Good god, Solobally8 you are rockin' that bike, babe!!! Whoop whoop!!!! ;):)

Thanks Dory, I am 12 weeks into a training plan to bike race in the women's national league. Was loving it until today I get a text from my coach dumping me :-( A text!!

Good news is I ran today for the first time in 6 months and had no pain! 2 kms but it's a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Thanks Dory, I am 12 weeks into a training plan to bike race in the women's national league. Was loving it until today I get a text from my coach dumping me :-( A text!!

Harsh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good news is I ran today for the first time in 6 months and had no pain! 2 kms but it's a start.

Ouch.

Good news about the running though.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Hey Valerie, what 'other' cardio are you doing?

Hillwalking, hence the very slow rate. Not traditionally associated with cross training but I was doing it anyway and I figure it counts as cardio given that I'm knackered after it. I've got to take my hours where I can get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

A text?? 12 weeks of training in the books and he breaks up with you via a text?? Sounds like he needs to grow a set!

And yep, super duper news about the running!! :D

Dory Dory wrote: »
    A text?? 12 weeks of training in the books and he breaks up with you via a text?? Sounds like he needs to grow a set!

I know! I don't know what I'll do now, I'm totally clueless. I've been totally dependant on him, doing everything I was told without question. Now he tells me to follow some generic online plan that's nothing near the kind of training we've been doing. Ah well, anyone know a good cycling coach?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Thanks Dory, I am 12 weeks into a training plan to bike race in the women's national league. Was loving it until today I get a text from my coach dumping me :-( A text!! .

Has Trappatoni started training cyclists now?

Its like dumping someone with a text - guaranteed fail

Coach is a Muppet for ending a good thing like that. Did he even give a plausible explanation? Was your relationship face to face or online or phone etc?

It was all of those MCOS, daily texts, emails, regular phone calls and face to face. It was all encompassing - changed my lifestyle completely, diet, social life, training hours. But now he is too busy :(

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It was all of those MCOS, daily texts, emails, regular phone calls and face to face. It was all encompassing - changed my lifestyle completely, diet, social life, training hours. But now he is too busy :(

Ugh. Sounds like someone with p*ss poor time management and people skills anyway. I hope someone better comes along.

Advertisement