Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

just to add.the january data should be fine, however, it's probably worth everyone checking their february data is correct. i know no-one on here would keep km's they hadn't earned because of a spreadsheet error..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Permission needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Fair play lads, only for ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Thanks for the work. Unfortunately I can't access, at least on my phone. Just me or anyone else?

Thanks for the work. Unfortunately I can't access, at least on my phone. Just me or anyone else?

did you try the link in shotgun's post above, rather than the original link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Still need permission

I have kms burning a hole in my pocket

okay, try it now.

also, as before, please only edit Feb sheet only. other sheets should not be touched for now

oh, and by the way, there is a slight issue with the goal races. i'll look at that, but don't be surprised if you see your goals are a bit off. it's a result of the change we made last night and i just need to fix it

Kurt sorry I may have edited your swim instead of mine. If you wouldn't mind checking it. Sorry about that. You were the one under me and I put it in the wrong cell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Kurt sorry I may have edited your swim instead of mine. If you wouldn't mind checking it. Sorry about that. You were the one under me and I put it in the wrong cell.

My row looks as it should do, nothing broken :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Quick, quite possibly stupid, question guys - I'm coming back from injury (again) and have to do a run/walk program to start with it. Do I log running km as the total distance covered or only that covered during the running minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

valerie wrote: »
    Quick, quite possibly stupid, question guys - I'm coming back from injury (again) and have to do a run/walk program to start with it. Do I log running km as the total distance covered or only that covered during the running minutes?

I'd go total distance Valerie. Splitting hairs to say in a 5k session 2k walking, 3k running.

Easy road back and run for time not distance at this early recovery stage. Best of luck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just so you know, in case you think the spreadsheet is playing up again. It was me that placed some km's in my bike column!!!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Is it possible for a mod to tell me when I last updated this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

zico10 wrote: »
    Is it possible for a mod to tell me when I last updated this?
    Checked revision history but you were not logged in to google so hard to tell without trawling through the anonymous posts

Checked revision history but you were not logged in to google so hard to tell without trawling through the anonymous posts

No worries, I've my miles recorded elsewhere. I'll just get out my calculator and sort it out myself. Just hoped this way would be quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

BTH wrote: »
    Thats my month finished, terrible one for me. Between a rubbish start due to jet lag and the bros wedding and a crap finish due to illness there was only 16days of decent training done. Onwards and upwards. I'll not be racing meaningfully until June now, thats for sure!!

HA! and I thought January was crap. Three decent days at the start of the month and a failed attempt at a comeback in the middle. 10 of my 12.5 hours for the month were done in those first three days. :(

It's gotta get better soon, right?

BTH wrote: »
    It's gotta get better soon, right?
    +1 rubbish month too. March will be better!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

That's another month closer to IMUK:eek:. Training has been very consistent and at this stage that's all that counts. I am doing 3 swims, 2 cycles, 1 turbo and 4 runs per week. All cycles and runs in HR Z2 except for one run (varied tempo) and the turbo session. I am extremely happy to see that my training is on a par with supreme Ironman Oryx;).
    Not that I am trying to loose weight but I have only put on 2 kg in Feb!!!! Diet will have to be evaluated in March. So goals for this month are:
    1. Diet
    2. Additional bike introducing some HR zone 3 efforts.
    3. Enter a road race 5km/10km.
    4. Continue to enjoy the training.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I'm not happy with my training at the moment, Shell. I'm not the one to be sighting off!

Edit and purleease, Im more subprime than supreme, ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Okay, can everyone hold off posting any data for March for a day or so to allow me to bask in the glow of being numero uno just a little bit longer? Otherwise I may have to stay up all night tonight just to not snooze through my fleeting moment in the sun as I'm sure I will be knocked off my perch by the time I wipe the sleep from my eyes come morning. <sigh> ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Is there an issue with the overall sheet, it has me ahead of Joey when I'm behind on each discipline

Green&Red wrote: »
    Is there an issue with the overall sheet, it has me ahead of Joey when I'm behind on each discipline

The overall position is not based on the the best average ranks on the overall, its based on the average overall ranks across the months. It will keep it more interesting for longer :)

Can my second goal race be changed from 'autumn tri' to 'IM Mallorca'?
    I've edited it in the March table, but can't change it on the overall table.

zico10 wrote: »
    Can my second goal race be changed from 'autumn tri' to 'IM Mallorca'?
    I've edited it in the March table, but can't change it on the overall table.
    Done. Cool should be fun to track you and Fazz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Speedy recovery to Solobally8 who took a nasty spill over weekend. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057160874/18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Thanks lads. I'm doing ok. Looking less and less like a monster each day :-)

Torn meniscus and damaged knee cap mean I'm doing awful this month. Not allowed do any running, swimming only with a pull buoy, and only got the the go ahead this week to use the turbo but no road cycling.

More than likely going to be missing at least 1 of the races I've already signed up for and probably not going to be able to do 5 NS events as planned. Surgery coming up. Disaster of a year already but should mean I can recover better and stronger than I had been. Devastated about missing early races and at least 2 months on the side line but have to listen to what the body tells me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Sorry to hear that! Thats horrible anytime of year but none moreso than before you get started!! Quick healing

Advertisement