Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Thankfully three consecutive weeks training in March. Swimming still not feeling completely normal, but close. Running is going terribly. Really really terribly. 10 weeks for things to come round before we start racing.

BTH wrote: »
    HA! and I thought January was crap. Three decent days at the start of the month and a failed attempt at a comeback in the middle. 10 of my 12.5 hours for the month were done in those first three days. :(

It's gotta get better soon, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Two weeks of just running and a bit of swimming for me as i head from these cold shores for warmer waters! Costa Rica here i come baby!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

So jealous! Have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Lucky you Bambaata!!
    3 silvers for me this month. Kms and hours are increasing month on month but no real intensity to what im doing. Though finished college in 4 weeks so should be able increase no end once im done the few exams

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

REAL RUN NUMBERS :D

Feck all cycing, feck all swimming though but trying to pull it all together now and getting more cycling done. Swimming has gone downhill but thats down to lack of pool time due to falling and shoulder issues. Easy run week now so going to try pull swimming back and get out on the bike...run still my priority though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I think my arms are gonna fall off. Wanted to get my first silver to make up for the lack of running and cycling and pushed close to 3km (2.7) tonight in the pool. Couldn't even lift the cup of tea tonight. Made it though so I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Sorry for delay - April Open :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Wahoo!! Bike km's on the board :)

Sure it's only April.

AKW wrote: »
    Wahoo!! Bike km's on the board :)

Sure it's only April.

Certainly making up for it. I feel ashamed with my measly effort tonight. At least I got up and finally used the turbo for the first time. Need to clock up much more before June.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Certainly making up for it. I feel ashamed with my measly effort tonight. At least I got up and finally used the turbo for the first time. Need to clock up much more before June.

Whats june?

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    Whats june?

First races I have signed up for this year. Nothing major distance wise but I just feel much further behind then I was this far out from my first race last year.

I'm on a streak 4 days training in a row :D

Going for the big 5 this evening. Wish me luck!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

First week of every month this year has been a disaster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Reckon you're due a rest day!

BTH wrote: »
    Reckon you're due a rest day!

I've banked all my rest days for the past 3 months so nothing due til, oh, 2016 at least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

How many sessions will it take you to clock 40 hours? The duration of your summer race!

How many sessions will it take you to clock 40 hours? The duration of your summer race!

First 40 hour block will be done within 3 weeks. Minimum 150k running 600k cycling. Them's the goals just to start from.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

First 40 hour block will be done within 3 weeks. Minimum 150k running 600k cycling. Them's the goals just to start from.

well someone just kicked into gear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

We'll April is off to a flyer. I've about 40-50k ran, a massive 2k swam and an enormous 0k of cycling!! Excuse is - I'm in Costa Rica!!! If anyone ever thought of coming here DO IT!! It's a forest and wildlife eco-system on steroids!!

Oh and running in 35-40C heat ain't pretty

Missed my first 3 swim sessions of April but started making up massively last night. Took part of the Swim to Midnight in UCD and 5km in just over 2 hours. Shoulders are feeling rough today. Most I've ever done at once.

• Advertisement

in case anyone spots something having gone on, i corrected something in the table just now. one of the ranking cells instead of ranking the score, was set to a fixed value. it wasn't mine:) so if you suddenly see your score having gone down a bit that is why

mcos, you should be able to see what i did, if not pm me and i will explain. not up to anything dodgy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

My month ended today, concussed after coming off the bike on the track in sundrive, scary thing, could remember my address but not my job and what I did yesterday.
    Ligaments torn, could have been much worse

Hope your feeling better soon Green&Red, sounds painful. Concussion is a scary thing alright, was out of it for days with it. Glad it wasn't worse.

That's tough Green&Red nothing worse than it(unfort its happened a few times to myself)
    When April is closed off at end of the week can someone lock March as well..

Has someone removed my kms for April? All my name and everything is gone for April..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Has someone removed my kms for April? All my name and everything is gone for April..

Sh!t, that might have been me. I see my name is in the list twice.
    Sorry, can the mods fix it?

You can go back in an undo your last actions yourself or someone can look at the revisions and undo them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

You can go back in an undo your last actions yourself or someone can look at the revisions and undo them for you.

I don't think I was logged into my Google account when I edited the table. I'd be worried I'd break the Internet if I tried what you suggest. Better to leave it to somebody who knows what they're doing.

zico10 wrote: »
    I don't think I was logged into my Google account when I edited the table. I'd be worried I'd break the Internet if I tried what you suggest. Better to leave it to somebody who knows what they're doing.

the numbers are different for both zico10 entries. The lost sheep, can you confirm if one of them is/are your numbers? I'll change whichever one it is then.

• Advertisement

the second zico10 on line 28 below AKW is me.
    thanks mossym

Advertisement