Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New card activation "You have to wait to activate"

Options
  • 31-12-2013 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

So I'm with PTSB. I lost my card and got a replacement today. I rang to activate it and I was told that couldn't be done until the second January.

They said the post was too quick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

mathie wrote: »
    So I'm with PTSB. I lost my card and got a replacement today. I rang to activate it and I was told that couldn't be done until the second January.

Is there a question in there somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

chris85 wrote: »
    Is there a question in there somewhere?

Does there have to be?

If you need one ... Is this usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Does there have to be?

If you need one ... Is this usual?

Do I need one? No... But generally need one if looking for some sort of useful response here. Otherwise its just a rant, being your post is short with little more than the facts it doesnt seem like a rant.

Is this usual? Usually cards are ready to be activated when received. Obviously your bank did not anticipate the efficiency of An Post and its there a bit early by sounds of it. Better getting it now rather than late when your old card expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

That's a very unusual excuse! Worth putting on the public record.

Advertisement