Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be still my beating heart

196979899100102»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Absolutely delighted for you A. Your dedication to training and all things related to the event are truly well rewarded.

Recover Well and i think you should change your user name to OSOAMAZING!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Great stuff A! Many congrats and thoroughly well deserved for the effort you put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Really appreciate each and every comment and congrats, thanks SO much kind people:):):)

Back in work today where nobody cares about this stuff, so reality has kicked in with a bit of a bang :(

Recovery going really really well with the legs and back etc all almost back to normal. The knee is a tad sore but I'm not worried about it. The swollen toe is not so swollen anymore but I am gonna lose a few nails on that foot. Think I'll look into different shoes for the next one with a bigger toe box (Hokas maybe?) as the larger size Mizuno made no difference this year. I'll be taking the next 2.5 weeks at least off running, so everything will have a good chance to settle and recover fully.

The arm however is a different story. It's pretty bad today so I'll be finally making that physio visit. Just trying to find someone good that's not too far away. I hope I haven't damaged it badly. If anyone can recommend someone around Dublin 2 (who might be good with arms) or Drumcondra, Santry, Swords area etc, please let me know.

The inevitable has happened :rolleyes: I want to do Listowel 12 hour:D:D:D and already have made enquiries about places and accommodation etc.
    But I'll only do it if the arm is fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭aero2k

Not bad for a dyslexic Norwegian:D.

Well done, glad to hear the recovery is going well and that you have at least some toenails left.

Arms are over rated, especially for ultra running (though perhaps not for one of your day jobs:)). If you're really serious about this stuff why not just hack the bad one off, and of course the other one too for balance. On second thoughts maybe I shouldn't be giving you Amazonian ideas....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Fantastic achievement and enjoy the recovery!! Looking forward to seeing you back on my Strava feed. I need some looping inspiration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

FWIW I found these guys very good a while back, ask for Ciaran. can't say if he's any good with arms but he's excellent with feet! Well done on the podium and on staying the distance for 24 hours. Hope the recovery goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

Catching up on here, absolutely savage! Well Done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Hope the arm will be sorted out quickly, it's rare for you to be headed to the physio but better get it checked out.

Congratulations on all the miles! And enjoy those 2.5 weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I have a confession.

I think I ran in your park last night.

Was very worried you'd be doing laps so any blonde and swinging ponytail I felt like a traitor.

Is that the park with the super viewing platform and fantastic walled garden?

It was tough going and can be quite exposed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 OiOiOi

Excellent and well deserved result. The work was put in and you are an great example of commitment and drive.

Well done again on 3rd place woman in the open race. Your training and commitment is admirable and a great example to all on here

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement