Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Be still my beating heart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

scarlet for you Ososlo - this has become such a rowdy training log :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Fcuk sale, you try help a gal out and you get compared to Platini.

There was once a time where that may of been the case :) but alas, not so much these days.

I've checked in with the good lady, no deletions required from myself or anyone.
    Keep it flowing

menoscemo wrote: »
    Great post but I don't think you should delete your post, nor do I think others should either. Debate is great I think and it makes people see things from different view points. Ignorance is bliss but knowledge is the key to betterment.

When I was a DCM novice in 2009 I was a member the novice thread and much of what my mentor (amadeus) said went over my head. I used to read a lot of the stuff that Tergat used to write on the main board at the time as well as the logs of the more experienced runners. TBH I just didn't understand it, I didn't know your PMPs from your tempos much less your mile reps. I thought that everyone just follwed a HH plan and ran a WR marathon :pac:.

However my interest and curiosity got piqued by all the debate and I resolved to study and understand. All the knowledge and debate in the long run made me a better runner. So don't burn the books AMK, keep the knowledge and debate alive. We are all adults around here.
    Beef wrote: »
    I agree with meno tbh. Debate is brilliant and deleting posts is almost tantamount to censorship in my eyes (maybe that sounds a bit ott but I hope you know what I mean). I'm sure ososlo would rather this didn't happen on her log but I've certainly enjoyed the exchanges and learned something from the different opinions.
    Gavlor wrote: »
    I'll delete this one no problem if required but I'm perplexed. Are we not to give constructive opinion on an individual's approach to training anymore?

It'll be all back slapping and high 5's soon enough. AMK is the platini of the boards a/r forum ;)

Post what you want when you want. Was just giving MY opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Fcuk sale, you try help a gal out and you get compared to Platini.

When I mentioned burning books I was thinking more Hitler than Platini :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

No club session for me this week. Think I might try those mile reps and liven up my log a bit too:pac::D

What I really like about your approach to training Ososlo is your willingness to try different things. You've done the lots of miles bit (incidentally your total thus far this year is not exactly shabby), you tried the HR training and now you are on a journey with Stazza trying something new. My support for you doing a race soon is probably more out of eagerness to see you do well. But you have the patience to go through the programme and bide your time so fair play to you for that. I actually think you're very lucky that someone is taking the time to guide you like this and really hope it works out well for you.

I think all the contributions to this latest topic have been really interesting, some more entertaining than educational of course:) . Keep up the good work. Looking forward to reading of the fruits of your labour later in the summer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

RedRunner wrote: »
    No club session for me this week. Think I might try those mile reps and liven up my log a bit too:pac::D

What I really like about your approach to training Ososlo is your willingness to try different things. You've done the lots of miles bit (incidentally your total thus far this year is not exactly shabby), you tried the HR training and now you are on a journey with Stazza trying something new. My support for you doing a race soon is probably more out of eagerness to see you do well. But you have the patience to go through the programme and bide your time so fair play to you for that. I actually think you're very lucky that someone is taking the time to guide you like this and really hope it works out well for you.

I think all the contributions to this latest topic have been really interesting, some more entertaining than educational of course:) . Keep up the good work. Looking forward to reading of the fruits of your labour later in the summer
    Yes 4 x 1 mile at 5k with 90 sec rec is where it's all happening these days:D Give it a go and see what happens:D Dare you:pac: It might end up as a discussion on threesomes but if you're willing to give it a go...
    Thanks RedRunner and yes I do feel very lucky that I got superb help last year with the hr stuff and again this year with a new approach. Boards has been very good to me.

Ososlo wrote: »
    Yes 4 x 1 mile at 5k with 90 sec rec is where it's all happening these days:D Give it a go and see what happens:D Dare you:pac: It might end up as a discussion on threesomes but if you're willing to give it a go...
    Thanks RedRunner and yes I do feel very lucky that I got superb help last year with the hr stuff and again this year with a new approach. Boards has been very good to me.

Well now if it's a dare!:D Only problem is I'll have to adjust my 5k pace now after PBing on Saturday:eek:.

Monday 9 June
    35 mins recovery
    Wasn't feeling 100% since Saturday's bailout. Slightly swollen glands and sore throat but much better today. Probably a bit below par still so kept it at recovery effort and extremely slow. I was actually glad I felt a bit off since Saturday as it put the whole 'thing' into some kind of perspective. However, I am getting some blood tests done Monday to ensure all is as it should be. It's last August since I got them done so I think it's about time. I know my B12 levels can slip a bit even with a supplement. I think I'll get some sleeping tablets for emergencies also. I really hate taking them as I know they effect my running (make me slower:rolleyes:) so want to avoid them unless really necessary (if I need to function better for work stuff etc).
    Tried out my new Puma faas 300s this run and they'll be a lovely little shoe for racing I think. They're so comfortable and light. I really shouldn't have bought them whilst sleep deprived though as they are bright pink:eek: like, cerise pink. What was I thinking:confused: Well I obviously wasn't! I bought them on Sunday when my head was addled from all the stuff going on my log and had had no sleep and a bit of a hangover. I wanted to keep low profile for a bit but no chance of that with these babies:D

Tuesday 10 June
    40 mins easy
    Normally would have done a double today but obeying orders and cutting down a lot while in the intense part of my training. Throat felt a lot better. I must say I really love getting out twice a day when working from home so did miss the extra run. Did some housework for a change instead on my break:rolleyes:

Wednesday 11 June
    The controversial 4 x 1 mile session today :) (Attempt 2)
    Pampered myself all day. Hydrating well, eating well, resting etc. Sleep was ok for the last 3 nights and I was in a very positive frame of mind. I said to myself that I'm not bailing on another session and have to suffer the consequences on my log so I'm all fired up for this one!
    Warm up, drills. Feelin goooooood
    On the warmup the watch starts beeping that it's running out of battery. It keeps going but keeps beeping. Very disconcerting heading into the reps.
    I go on to do the first rep unsure of how long it's going to last me.
    Pace very hard but on 7:45 target. About 3/4 way through the first mile, it dies completely. FFS!!!! The Running gods are conspiring against me on this session. I remembered the watch beeping on my last few runs but I forgot to charge it up last night. I used to be great at uploading runs straight after my runs but got lazy about it recently. Lesson learned.
    Just finished it off easy to do ballpark 4? miles total to save my energies for the next attempt. On my warm down, this foreign dude on a bike stops and gestures that he wants to ask me a question. Presuming he wanted to know the time or to tell me to get off the cyclists' path or something so I stopped my run to answer his question. "Vvvuuud u like to go out on a date wid me sumtime?" WTF? Is that how single guys are doing it these days? Cycling around the Phoenix Park looking for sweaty female runners to hit on? AS IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sprinted back to the car in 400s style:p

Thursday 12 June
    4 x 1 mile at 5k pace (Attempt 3)
    No sleep. Not one wink. The pressure was really on me to do this today as I'm away at a wedding for a few days so this was last chance saloon before the week is out. As per usual, when the pressure's really on me to sleep, my body never fails to let me down and I don't sleep. It let me down...:mad:
    Decided to try it anyway as I won't rest easy until it's done and it's been hanging over my head now for almost a week and has been built into this monumentous 'thing' in my head that I have to get through.

Was so sick of the Phoneix Park and St. Anne's and my local park and I couldn't think of anywhere else to do it. Then I had a revelation! To do it on the beach in Portmarnock.
    AIS, warm up, drills, yada yada yada. Obviously it was going to be a bit winder going in one direction being the beach and all, so decided not to get too stressed if the first and 3rd reps were a good bit slower than they should have been (which they were). Didn't really focus too much on the watch to be honest for this as the main objective was to get through the session. Simple strategy adopted today. Run hard for a mile, 90 sec jog/walk/crawl x 4.
    7:59
    7:45
    7:55
    7:42
    avg: 7:50 (jumped into the water at the end! bliss)
    Yes it's a little slower (2 secs) than the last time I did it but it's DONE DONE DONE and I can move on now:D It was painful and I was on my knees by the end of it but it's done.
    It was always going to be a little slower/harder as I didn't sleep last night AT ALL, I felt more pressure on me than usual due to the previous shenanigans on my log and didn't want to fail again and create another big drama. Plus it was on sand so even though it was very compact and even underfoot, it's probably worth a millisecond here and there. I think I'm going to do more sessions on the beach when it's not too windy. I love the open spaces and I can huff and puff as much as I want and wear as little clothes as I want and not feel self-conscious about it due to the wide open spaces. It's actually ideal once it's not windy.
    And yes, before anyone;) says anything, I know I shouldn't do sessions on no sleep, but for my sanity after the recent drama, I just had to do this today regardless. I feel fine now but if I wake up sick then yes you have full permission to say 'I told you so'. But it won't happen:) as I'm a hardy gal:p

THE END and Ososlo lived happily ever after. Well until the next session anyways....

Progression run Sunday if feeling ok (wedding!) and I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually looking forward to the 400s next week. Now that I have this one behind me I feel much more positive about stuff.

Might be worthwhile doing a park run anyway on Sat., just in case :)

Nice work, especially on sand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Might be worthwhile doing a park run anyway on Sat., just in case :)

Nice work, especially on sand.

Fancy a few runs on the beach in Portmanock???? ;)

• Advertisement

Fancy a few runs on the beach in Portmanock???? ;)

Nah, I have a date with some bird I picked up in the park.......

Nah, I have a date with some bird I picked up in the park.......

good disguise;)

good disguise;)

I can't believe you've fallen for the David Brent esque niceness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Why do you assume your man on the bike was single?

TRR wrote: »
    Why do you assume your man on the bike was single?

Just a hunch. You know that look of desperation? If you'd seen him you'd understand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Nice session Ososlo - and no scraps on your log either afterwards, well done :)

Duanington wrote: »
    Nice session Ososlo - and no scraps on your log either afterwards, well done :)

ha ha yeah so far so good.
    thanks. It was actually a lot slower than target pace but so be it all things considered. Next one will be much better! That's the 'great':rolleyes: thing about these sessions. There's always another just 'round the corner!

Friday 13 June
    35 mins recovery

Legs felt great despite the sand session previous day and wearing the new Puma faas. No issues with hips, knees or ankles which can be a problem for some people running on sand from what I've heard/read. So far so good...But it is very compact sand and there is no slope on the beach so I think I'm ok to do it again.
    Lack of sleep caught up with me today. Felt pretty dreadful. Some days are worse than others and I just don't function well. I'm getting really sick and tired of not sleeping:mad:
    Very muggy run but most enjoyable and one which put me in ever so slightly better form. AIS before. I do it every single day without fail but sometimes forget to log it. It's second nature at this point. If you have't tried it and get niggles, give it a go. You've nothing to lose and possibly a lot to gain. My legs feel super duper these day.

Saturday 14 June
    No running.

No time.

Sunday 15 June
    Plan: 65 in progression run

No point in doing it as woke up with horrific stomach pains along with a bit of a hangover. Felt horrible (not all due to the hangover ;)).
    Went out this evening to do a few recovery miles and for some odd reason I felt wonderful when running. Maybe it's the strong painkillers. Was sorry after all that I wasn't doing the progression run but decided best not to be running harder with a load of painkillers in my system. Maybe it'd have been great:confused:
    4 miles total
    Weekly total: 28 miles
    :eek: Lowest week EVER! Between the 2 days away, sore throat earlier in the week and purposely holding back on the miles, it's very low but 28:eek::eek::eek: Gavlor must've run more that me this week:D
    Plan now is to knuckle down and work hard this week. Progression run tomorrow and 400s Thursday.

Nope, I doubt I'll ever have a higher mileage week than you again!

Monday 16 June
    65 min progression run
    Slept very well last night but probably due to the effects of the strong painkillers I took yesterday and last night.
    Got some blood tests this morning so hopefully if there's anything awry it will show up. I hate needles but have learned to deal with my fear as I'll do pretty much anything that might possibly help my running:D
    20 mins AIS.
    Felt a bit sluggish going out to do this. I struggle in the heat even when not running but stupidly did this at 2 o'clock, the hottest part of the day:rolleyes:. Hard to fit it in later though as I had a few clients to meet this evening and don't like doing faster stuff too late in the night as it might possibly contribute to poor sleep.
    10:33
    10:03
    9:46
    9:31
    9:10
    8:31
    7:59
    I like to end up these in a sprinting fashion working my way in the last mile to 5k pace and get faster and faster but it was just too hot and not worth it today. I decided not to exert myself too much more as the effort felt harder all along than the paces show due to the heat. This is meant to be a 'medium effort' workout and not a hard one so I didn't want to push myself too much. I must say I did really enjoy this though despite the heat. Wore the Puma Faas again today. All good with them but I feel they're too pink and girly looking to give me the necessary psychological boost that the Brooks give me:o. How can something so pink be taken seriously?
    I might use the Brooks for racing and keep these for sessions. They do feel comfortable and light but they don't make me feel 'fast' if that makes sense! Plus they don't go with any of my other running clobber. What goes with cerise pink? Yellow? No. Purple? No. Blue? No. More pink? Possibly:eek:
    8.7 miles total

• Advertisement

Tuesday 17 June
    4 miles easy

AIS for 20 mins. My legs are now so stretchy and bendy I can pull them behind my head with the rope and they're almost touching the floor behind me when doing the hamstring stretch. Stretch Armstrong would be jealous;) Maybe they could make a Stretch Ososlo doll for the xmas market ;) with a rope attached to her of course.

Legs and bod felt a tad heavy on this run. Hoping it's just the heat... Roasting out there. Taking too much out of me for an easy run. Throat a tiny bit tender. Wasn't feeling the Mae West if I'm honest. I wilt in the heat so hoping that was all it was.

Wednesday 18 June
    40 mins easy

Very quick AIS session and off I went into the dull heat of the evening. Felt sluggish and there was no zip in my legs for this. Again, was hoping it was just the heat. I don't do well in any kind of heat. I might have to move to Iceland if this continues.
    RHR a bit over what's normal, maybe 5 beats. Glands a teeny tiny bit swollen but really nothing to speak of.

Thursday 19 June
    Plan: 400s x 8 session

Tried the first 2 reps but felt horrid. Changed it into 5 miles very easy as I'd gone to all the trouble of going out to Portmarnock.
    Feeling a bit more tired than I should and a slightly tender neck and very dry throat all day. RHR a little up this morning again.
    Accosted by a foreign dude with a unrepeatable proposition on the beach. Is it the heat what's makin' the men extra amorous these days or what:confused:
    Also, I don't know if some of the other posters are wearing rose-tinted glasses on their runs with the visions of bodily loveliness they speak of seeing in the summer sun, but the only sights I see these days are hairy burnt guinness bellies spilling out over too tight pants. And that's just the ladies:D Maybe all the hot stuff sun bathe on the south side?

Friday 20 June
    Blood test back from doc and I'm a paragon of health on paper. Iron and blood count all perfect and hormonal stuff that was acting up last year pre DCM is all perfect. Still I feel a bit below par though. Tonsils a teeny bit tender. RHR only up a few beats, maybe 4-5. Just feel lethargic and a few weak spells throughout the day. When I got home from work, I didn't want to go for a run. That NEVER happens. Considering what to do.. Take a bit of a break from it all? Feeling a bit depressed about it all... Was thinking of signing up for your Darts Programme instead Stazza:o

Saturday 21 June
    8 x 400 w/90 sec recoveries (1 mile pace)
    target: 1:45
    Slept really well for the first time in ages. Woke feeling refreshed. No weak spells like the last few days. Felt stronger than recent days. Had a chat with me ma on the phone and relayed how I was feeling lately and about my running and she said "maybe you're just not cut out for running fast and you should go back to marathon training'. I said to her 'nobody ever said anything so depressing to me in my whole life!" (yeah I am a tad dramatic at times:P) However, I don't like people telling me that I can't do something. But in some ways it's a good thing to hear as then I HAVE to prove the person wrong:D And so I did...

Dying to get out all day but wanted to wait until it got a bit cooler. Couldn't wait any longer than 6pm so headed off to St. Anne's. I brought a small bottle of frozen water with me and magically it stayed lovely and cool for the whole run. Wore headphones and souped up my brain with some techno music to get me in the mood:cool:
    1:44 1:44: 1:46 1:45 1:42 1:44 1:45 1:45 avg: 1:44 :D:D:D
    I think this is the first time I've gone under my target in any session that's been given to me by the boss. This was a good session. Yes it was bloody hard but this was all about HTFU and feeling a little bit sick but working through it. I actually feel I was holding back just a tiny bit as for the first time in these sessions I felt I could have done another one of these reps IF I HAD TO and I don't say that lightly. There was a little left in the tank. I was so happy when I got through the first 3 as I knew I could keep going then. Yes I was dying at the end but only had to stop for about 20 seconds before I got going into my recovery run.
    I think we need my ma on the management team. She can ring me every day and tell me how useless and slow I am and I'll go from strength to strength:D
    All's back to normal in the world of Ososlo:D
    6 miles total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Standard quota of smiley faces and nudge, nudge, wink, winks restored :):):):):););););););)

Standard quota of smiley faces and nudge, nudge, wink, winks restored :):):):):););););););)

ha ha ;)
    That reminds me of when I was doing the first post in the novices thread and in my draft, when I went to preview, it couldn't handle them all so I had to cut them dramatically:o I think you're only allowed 15 of each or something:(
    I might try a post sometime without any:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

AIS for 20 mins. My legs are now so stretchy and bendy I can pull them behind my head with the rope

Accosted by a foreign dude with a unrepeatable proposition on the beach. Is it the heat what's makin' the men extra amorous these days or what:confused:

First bit might explain the accosting by the foreign dude if he seen you doing your Stretch Ososlo impression:P:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Good job missus- nice set of 400's
    We're all capable of running fast, and we all have mothers that tell us we can't do x or y. Don't listen to her- if we had listened we'd still be crawling around and wouldn't have teetered and tottered around on our little legs to get walking!

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Good job missus- nice set of 400's
    We're all capable of running fast, and we all have mothers that tell us we can't do x or y. Don't listen to her- if we had listened we'd still be crawling around and wouldn't have teetered and tottered around on our little legs to get walking!

Thanks! I rang her last night to thank her and she's on board for further negative 'pep-talks' if necessary. It's all about the reverse psychology. Works on me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

You'll never ever beat 23 mins for a 5k Ososlo, you just don't have it in you, you're weak, and not mentally tough enough. Take up pitch & Putt.

How about that for a "pep" talk and reverse psychology :)

TbL

You'll never ever beat 23 mins for a 5k Ososlo, you just don't have it in you, you're weak, and not mentally tough enough. Take up pitch & Putt.

TbL

:mad: gggrrrrrr :mad:
    Yeah that might just work:D Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Nice session by the way, just don't get too soft :)

TbL

• Advertisement

TbL

You forgot to mention the fact that she's only a girl.

You forgot to mention the fact that she's only a girl.

ha ha good effort but not personal enough:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I think we need my ma on the management team. She can ring me every day and tell me how useless and slow I am and I'll go from strength to strength:D
    All's back to normal in the world of Ososlo:D

:) So funny! My dad asked me recently if I was doing the marathon this year. when I said 'no', her said 'Ah, good, I knew it was a bit much for you.'
    Red rag to a bull! I began to think maybe I WOULD do it after all! (I won't though, I'm determined not to, but more than anything else it made me want to.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

HelenAnne wrote: »
    :) So funny! My dad asked me recently if I was doing the marathon this year. when I said 'no', her said 'Ah, good, I knew it was a bit much for you.'
    Red rag to a bull! I began to think maybe I WOULD do it after all! (I won't though, I'm determined not to, but more than anything else it made me want to.)

Must be something about Dads ! If I mention running he tells me about the 4 people he knows who died running ! It starts like this: did I tell you about the boy 'x' - he dropped dead while running - heart exploded - and the boy 'y' .... you get the picture. I only told him I was doing my first marathon two days beforehand and ran for cover :rolleyes:

kit3 wrote: »
    Must be something about Dads ! If I mention running he tells me about the 4 people he knows who died running ! It starts like this: did I tell you about the boy 'x' - he dropped dead while running - heart exploded - and the boy 'y' .... you get the picture. I only told him I was doing my first marathon two days beforehand and ran for cover :rolleyes:

Mine used to run marathons himself, and is very encouraging to my husband running them, he just thinks I'm useless at them :).

ha ha I know the feeling. I think my mother must be secretly reading Boards. She knows it all now:rolleyes:. The latest is: 'listen to your body':confused: Where the feck is she getting that from:confused:
    Ah she's the best mother in the world really:D

What are your plans for the year HelenAnne?

• Advertisement

Sunday 17 June
    35 mins recovery

For once I have nothing to say about a run:p 'Cause I can't remember anything about it!
    Weekly total: circa 30 miles

Monday 18 June
    45 mins easy :rolleyes:

Nice break in the sunshine so headed out for an easy one. Ear phones in, enjoyable little plod, saving all the energies for the harder stuff so.. la-dee-da easy breezy... Until... I hear this 'mind if I run with you?' beside me. Sure what can you say? No? Can't really do that. I don't have it in me to be very rude (believe it or not!) Had to go with it. I just don't like running with people. I'm a bit of a misanthropic runner but happy with it.

Told him I was slow (not Ososlo:D) and just doing an easy run and he was 'oh that's no problem, I'm happy to just jog for a bit with you'. Couldn't shake him off:rolleyes:
    Interesting guy all the same. Got all his pbs and vital statistics within 20 mins - sub 16 min 5k time, he's 50 now so his auldfella pb time is 18ish. Currently 5k training so we had a lot in common (except for the speed of course).
    Meanwhile, the pace was getting faster and faster and we were going uphill and running on uneven terrain and the pace ended up like a tempo run. Much too fast for me for an easy run anyway:( I was happy enough to listen to him prattle on but didn't want to answer any questions 'cause he was running too fast:(
    So it's confirmed once again, I'm just a very unsociable runner. I much prefer running on my own. Not one for the ole 'chat an run'.
    Then when I stopped running I could feel something pulling at the back of my knee:eek:. EMERGENCY AIS SESSION to the rescue and I think everything's ok. I hadn't warmed up for this faster run and stopped to a halt to get rid of "Mr. Sociable":( Feels ok now, fingers crossed.
    Lesson for the day: Learn to be rude! Just say NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Sunday 17 June
    35 mins recovery

For once I have nothing to say about a run:p 'Cause I can't remember anything about it!

Monday 18 June

Nice break in the sunshine so headed out for an easy one. Ear phones in, enjoyable little plod, saving all the energies for the harder stuff so.. la-dee-da easy breezy... Until... I hear this 'mind if I run with you?' beside me. Sure what can you say? No? Can't really do that. I don't have it in me to be very rude (believe it or not!) Had to go with it. I just don't like running with people. I'm a bit of a misanthropic runner but happy with it.

Told him I was slow (not Ososlo:D) and just doing an easy run and he was 'oh that's no problem, I'm happy to just jog for a bit with you'. Couldn't shake him off:rolleyes:
    Interesting guy all the same. Got all his pbs and vital statistics within 20 mins - sub 16 min 5k time, he's 50 now so his auldfella pb time is 18ish. Currently 5k training so we had a lot in common (except for the speed of course).
    Meanwhile, the pace was getting faster and faster and we were going uphill and running on uneven terrain and the pace ended up like a tempo run. Much too fast for me for an easy run anyway:( I was happy enough to listen to him prattle on but didn't want to answer any questions 'cause he was running too fast:(
    So it's confirmed once again, I'm just a very unsociable runner. I much prefer running on my own. Not one for the ole 'chat an run'.
    Then when I stopped running I could feel something pulling at the back of my knee:eek:. EMERGENCY AIS SESSION to the rescue and I think everything's ok. I hadn't warmed up for this faster run and stopped to a halt to get rid of "Mr. Sociable":( Feels ok now, fingers crossed.

Are you sure it wasn't stazza!!:D

Are you sure it wasn't stazza!!:D

:eek:

Now that would be weird!

Jeez...you sure do attract them Ososlo! :)

RedRunner wrote: »
    Jeez...you sure do attract them Ososlo! :)

It's been eventful of late that's for sure. He was a nice man though, not sleazy at all, just too fast and chatty for me:)

• Advertisement

ha ha I know the feeling. I think my mother must be secretly reading Boards. She knows it all now:rolleyes:. The latest is: 'listen to your body':confused: Where the feck is she getting that from:confused:
    Ah she's the best mother in the world really:D

What are your plans for the year HelenAnne?

My plans are to do the race series up to half marathon, and hopefully get back to where I was before last year's marathon training for all distances, but esp 5 & 10k.

Hope I am getting there - ran 2-miles in 4 secs off my PB last week, so was happy with that.

Well done on all your sessions!

Sunday 17 June
    35 mins recovery

Monday 18 June

I think I met him in Clontarf! In his 50s, 18 min 5ker! Is he generally a 5k runner but currently also training for two half marathons with relatives? If so, he ran with me a week or so ago (also just asked if he could). He was v nice! (I love running with others though, I'm definitely a chatty runner).

My plans are to do the race series up to half marathon, and hopefully get back to where I was before last year's marathon training for all distances, but esp 5 & 10k.

Hope I am getting there - ran 2-miles in 4 secs off my PB last week, so was happy with that.

Well done on all your sessions!

Thanks and well done with the 2 mile pb! Good luck with the plans and expect to see your name on the wimmen's roundnumber leaderboard again over the coming months!

I think I met him in Clontarf! In his 50s, 18 min 5ker! Is he generally a 5k runner but currently also training for two half marathons with relatives? If so, he ran with me a week or so ago (also just asked if he could). He was v nice! (I love running with others though, I'm definitely a chatty runner).

Ha ha that's funny could be same fella alright! He was lovely alright but his pace might suit you a bit better ;)

Thanks and well done with the 2 mile pb! Good luck with the plans and expect to see your name on the wimmen's leaderboard again over the coming months!

I think I'm a bit off that board still. I can do the 5-mile (the easiest one) but the others are a bit out of reach, I think.

I think I'm a bit off that board still. I can do the 5-mile (the easiest one) but the others are a bit out of reach, I think.

You're not too far off the 5 k from what I remember and with the specific 5k and 10k training I'd say you'll do it sooner rather than later. Will you do another marathon in the future do you think?
    I'll wait until dcm next year at the very least I think.

You're not too far off the 5 k from what I remember and with the specific 5k and 10k training I'd say you'll do it sooner rather than later. Will you do another marathon in the future do you think?
    I'll wait until dcm next year at the very least I think.

I ran 20.54 in Malahide parkrun the week before last, so I've a bit to go, but I'd love to break 20 this year.

I think I'll do DCM 2015. My friend -- kyomi on boards, but she doesn't post much -- wants to do it then too, so we can train together, so see you there :).

I am leaving a tiny chink of possibility open that I might do DCM 2014, but I almost definitely won't. I'll do the long runs with the marathon people though, just to build my mileage up. I'd also love to do the Paris marathon sometime, and maybe an American one.

I ran 20.54 in Malahide parkrun the week before last, so I've a bit to go, but I'd love to break 20 this year.

I think I'll do DCM 2015. My friend -- kyomi on boards, but she doesn't post much -- wants to do it then too, so we can train together, so see you there :).

I am leaving a tiny chink of possibility open that I might do DCM 2014, but I almost definitely won't. I'll do the long runs with the marathon people though, just to build my mileage up. I'd also love to do the Paris marathon sometime, and maybe an American one.

Bet you can do it before the year's out. My ambition is to someday get on the roundnumbers table:o probably for the 5 miler (or maybe the beer mile if they include it!). It's a long long long long way off.................. I'll probably die trying, but at least if I did it and then died I'd die happily enough:D
    Well good luck with your summer of training and all those long training runs! I remember you left it 'till quite late last year to make up your mind about DCM too so I won't be totally surprised if you throw your hat in!

Bet you can do it before the year's out. My ambition is to someday get on the table:o probably for the 5 miler (or maybe the beer mile if they include it!). It's a long long long long way off.................. I'll probably die trying, but at least if I did it and then died I'd die happily enough:D
    Well good luck with your summer of training and all those long training runs! I remember you left it 'till quite late last year to make up your mind about DCM too so I won't be totally surprised if you throw your hat in!

you're getting so much faster, AND you have the base and the endurance, so you should have a go at the half marathon time. I think it's quite doable if you have the staying power, which you definitely have.

you're getting so much faster, AND you have the base and the endurance, so you should have a go at the half marathon time. I think it's quite doable if you have the staying power, which you definitely have.

Jaysus you're getting WAY ahead of yourself there:D but thanks!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement