Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Be still my beating heart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Friday 19 September
    35 min run

AIS and Lunge Matrix pre run
    Raining and cold for this - way hay! The most god-awful day in work made this a very welcome run. Very lucky to have a way to release the stress and tension.
    9:51, 9:38, 9:19, 3 mins at 8:40 and cooldown at 9:36
    Myrtl routine post run

Saturday 20 September
    am: 35 min run

Had to drag myself away from the reports coming in from the Half marathon to get out for this. I had a real pep in my step seeing so many of the novices doing so well and went out too hard. This was a progression run in reverse by accident. Started feeling a bit sick when I started doing the faster 10k effort bit near the end. Then reaslied that my sports bra was too tight and was making me feel like puking. Had to stop for a few mins and reel in the pace for the remainer of the run.

pm: 35 min run
    This is beginning to sound a little bit boring!

Sunday 21 September
    35 min run

AIS and Lunge Matrix pre run (I really am starting to feel like the bionic woman with all this strength stuff!)
    9.39, 9.29, 9.20, 8.25 (3 mins) 9.43 cd
    Felt a billions dollars this evening.
    35 miles for the week (including 2 x controversial doubles ;) )
    The comeback is working out very nicely and I'm looking forward to stepping it up a bit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Oh Yeah...come to Raheny boys and girls! :-)

Sorry to use you log as recruiting opportunity Oso nice ;-)

RedRunner wrote: »

ha ha be my guest R! I was going to pass on your username to the guy and gal asking about Raheny anyways but was going to wait until after DCM.
    Thanks! So feel free to PM RedRunner guys!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

RedRunner wrote: »

I am in Donaghmede so its only around the corner, if I do decide to join a club it would be the logical choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Just catching up on your summer of running to get some inspiration for when Im allowed to can get back out running (couch to 5k to be exact, will be like staring from scratch) in 2weeks time! Not to be back slapping but you're doing great, well jealous of your times...doubt I'll ever be likely to catch up with you, I'll blame my short legs:)

Just catching up on your summer of running to get some inspiration for when Im allowed to can get back out running (couch to 5k to be exact, will be like staring from scratch) in 2weeks time! Not to be back slapping but you're doing great, well jealous of your times...doubt I'll ever be likely to catch up with you, I'll blame my short legs:)

Jaysus good to hear from you! Delighted you're getting back to it in 2 weeks! Get that log going again for sure. Maybe see you in Santry in December again! Be good for you to work towards something like that in a few months.
    My maths aren't very good but is there a junior shortstuff at this point?

Yeah Santry 5km wouldn't be a bad idea, be interesting to compare times since it was my last race!

Yep a little boy, he'll be 4weeks on Tuesday:) He got his daddy's long legs! Had a section so recovery has been a bit slower than I had planned! Our walks are up to 4miles though:) Plan to get up to 6mile buggy walks by 6weeks (have the garmin on the handlebars already) & then add in C25K workouts & see how I find it - there's no maternity training plans out there, so a log wouldn't be a bad idea!

Yeah Santry 5km wouldn't be a bad idea, be interesting to compare times since it was my last race!

Yep a little boy, he'll be 4weeks on Tuesday:) He got his daddy's long legs! Had a section so recovery has been a bit slower than I had planned! Our walks are up to 4miles though:) Plan to get up to 6mile buggy walks by 6weeks (have the garmin on the handlebars already) & then add in C25K workouts & see how I find it - there's no maternity training plans out there, so a log wouldn't be a bad idea!

Ah congrats! Great news!
    That walking will serve you well in the build up! You can't really go wrong with the C25k then but I'm sure you'll fly through it! Best of luck

Monday 22 September
    am 35 min run

AIS, Lunge Matrix pre run

Phoenix Park for this. Was a bit groggy from half a sleeping tablet last night but it was great to really feel completely asleep for once. (not while I was running!!!)
    Beautiful morning. Time for the suncream again!
    Neck very sore from work these days. Particularly bad in the last week. Might need to see someone about it. Felt grand during the run and picked it up a bit as I went along. 10.02 9:59 9:28 8:38-(3 mins) 9:54 c/d

pm
    35 min run w/ 6 x 25 second strides
    (forgot to do them yesterday pm oops)
    10.07 9:33-(strides) 9:38 9:51
    Supposed to be leaving 2 days between doubles but I thought I'd get away with one day as I left a good space between them and I felt grand today. Fighting fit! Plus I was working from home so it made more sense for the sake of convenience.
    Myrtl after the run. I can do it really fast now without the video :)

Had a chat with my brother in NZ. He's only recently got back into his running. Ran with Gowran AC when he lived here a few years ago. Delighted he's starting to enjoy it again. He's training a lot with an ex NZ pro Joe Forde and did a relay in a marathon at the weekend. His times are coming down nicely again and he's getting near his old pbs again. He could be really good and was a fairly decent cross country runner with Gowran. Really hope he sticks with it this time! He's the kind of runner who can knock out a sub 40min 10k off next to no training (less than 20 miles a week). Sickens me...:mad: but I'm still happy for him:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am learning so much from this log. I think I am were you were last year as in I am addicted to getting the miles in, I am approaching 1,200 miles for the year so far. But already looking mid term and into 2015 once I get DCM 14 out of the way, I can see myself working on speed like you this year. My PB's are not great 5k 22:13, 10k 48:02, Half 1:43:54.

I see you workout a lot twice a day, is this a lifestyle/time thing or is there a solid reason for this..? I often thought of going out twice a day but was never sure if it would be counterproductive, I know the Mrs would not be happy with more washing she is already doing 6 sets of running gear a week.

Anyway keep up the great log some super stuff in it, maybe this time next year we will both be kitted out in the Raheny colours for a race...:)

Hi Dub13. I have been doing doubles since early last year mainly because I love running so much and want to do as much as possible. I work a lot from home so on my easy days running is a perfect thing to do to get a little break away from it.
    I'm only building back up now as I took a break recently so my runs are quite short. I'm currently in the process of increasing both the number of doubles a week and the duration of them so I'll be eventually running 5 doubles a week and my morning run will build up to 60 mins on double days.
    Luckily for me, the guy training me is all for doubles :D

Here are some of the many benefits of doubles over singles according to Stazza:

Less biomechanical damage
    Replenish glycogen stores twice
    Less oxidative damage
    Double hormonal release - HGH (increase @ 500+% in first 40 mins of a run and then drops to only 440-55% from 40 mins to 60 mins ) and cytochrome c.

Double stimulus to the cardiovascular system - contributes to sustained adaptations.

I won't say I understand it all yet but I'm learning and am happy to do what I'm told for the moment as I'm really enjoying what I'm doing!

You could always do your own washing or just wear smelly clothes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Dub13 wrote: »
    I often thought of going out twice a day but was never sure if it would be counterproductive, I know the Mrs would not be happy with more washing she is already doing 6 sets of running gear a week.

*She* is already doing 6 sets of running gear a week!! Could you not take over some of the washing?

PS You don't have to wash them after every run either ;-). At least not if you're running alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

(just saw Ososlo's response after posting mine. Sorry for the duplicate input!)

Ososlo wrote: »
    Ah congrats! Great news!
    That walking will serve you well in the build up! You can't really go wrong with the C25k then but I'm sure you'll fly through it! Best of luck

Here's hoping! Managed 5miles yesterday & pace is getting faster all the time so heading the right direction:) Ended up with a blister though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

Double hormonal release - HGH (increase @ 500+% in first 40 mins of a run and then drops to only 440-55% from 40 mins to 60 mins ) and cytochrome c.

That should read 40%.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Hi Shortstuff, congrats on your new arrival, he must be a sleeper if you have energy for exercise! Paul Radcliffe has a chapter in her new (ish) book about running for woman returning after pregnancy.

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Hi Shortstuff, congrats on your new arrival, he must be a sleeper if you have energy for exercise! Paul Radcliffe has a chapter in her new (ish) book about running for woman returning after pregnancy.

Ah thanks, wouldn't call him a sleeper as such (up 3/4 times a night!) but he's pretty good in his buggy so best make the most of the nice weather;) Must look up her book:) Sorry for high jacking your log Ososlo

Ah thanks, wouldn't call him a sleeper as such (up 3/4 times a night!) but he's pretty good in his buggy so best make the most of the nice weather;) Must look up her book:) Sorry for high jacking your log Ososlo

ha ha be my guest! Baby talk is the last thing I thought I'd ever see mentioned on this log to be honest! But go ahead:D

Tuesday 23 September
    Rest day! Broke my 19 day running streak. Just too much to bloody do. Up early, work all day, home to do some more work, clean the apt for visitors, check Novices Thread and answer queries, entertain visitors..... no opportunity.

Wednesday 24 September
    AIS, Lunge Matrix
    35 min run
    9:44, 9:23, 8:28(3mins), 9:35
    Feeling good this evening. There must've been 10 runners in my little park tonight! Tis the season alright! Started out easy and worked it up to 8:28 pace for 3 mins and a short cool down (I know it's all a lot 'faster' than I used to run pre-break but my new improved running form is still making me run faster for easy pace so I'm just going with it....
    Myrtl post run. Really enjoying this. It's quick and simple now that I have the hang of it. Love the legs swings the best.

Saw a brief outline of what my training's gonna look like for the winter. I don't know what the sessions will be but I'll be putting in about 12/13 runs a week eventually so lots of doubles which I'm delighted about:D:D:D. Only problem is that for the first time in my life I'm going to have to do some of my running very early in the mornings on the days I work away from home (2-3 days). This could mean 6am starts which is something totally alien to me. I don't think I've ever run before 9am before in my life:eek: This will be a challenge and will really test my level of commitment.

'There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.' ;) WS

Thursday 25 September

AIS and Lunge Matrix
    60 min run
    Phoenix Park for this. Well the nights are surely drawing in so my running there in the evenings will be limited due to the oncoming dark nights. Such a pain... Started out wearing my sunglasses and finished barely being able to see!
    Didn't do this progressively as just felt too tired but didn't quite jog it either. A bit harder than easy effort and I threw in a mile at 8:30 at mile 5 'cause I was feeling good at that point.
    Avg pace 9:37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Nice work.

Is your winter schedule focused on any particular distance or specific event?

• Advertisement

Nice work.

Is your winter schedule focused on any particular distance or specific event?

Thanks!
    I'll be base building really and focusing on building on strength, so even more exercises will be included regularly. Can't believe I'm actually enjoying the exercises as I used to hate them! Working on building endurance back up too.
    Will race some 10ks between now and end of year. Not sure when first one will be but not for a while I'd imagine as my long run is only at 60 mins now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Just to mention that I see the Clonliffe Cracker is now moved to Stephen's Day in case you were looking at that as well.
    I'll be down the wesht anyways so won't get to do it. I think you may have done it in the past??

belcarra wrote: »
    Just to mention that I see the Clonliffe Cracker is now moved to Stephen's Day in case you were looking at that as well.
    I'll be down the wesht anyways so won't get to do it. I think you may have done it in the past??

no way! That's weird that they'd have it on that day. I'm a culchie too so will be down in kk that day ;)
    I actually decided last year not to do it again anyways as it's advertised as chip timed but there's no starting mat so it's a lie. I was near the back starting so didn't have a clue what to take off my time as I wasn't wearing any watch and didn't get proper chip time. Hate that. It either is chip timed or it's not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

no way! That's weird that they'd have it on that day. I'm a culchie too so will be down in kk that day ;)
    I actually decided last year not to do it again anyways as it's advertised as chip timed but there's no starting mat so it's a lie. I was near the back starting so didn't have a clue what to take off my time as I wasn't wearing any watch and didn't get proper chip time. Hate that. It either is chip timed or it's not!

Very few road races will be have a starting mat. Well not very few but I know most that I have done wouldn't. The bigger ones obviously have both. I wouldn't have thought it would be that much more difficult or costly to have it but it must.

Pity the race is moved to Stephens day. Won't make it now.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Very few road races will be have a starting mat. Well not very few but I know most that I have done wouldn't. The bigger ones obviously have both. I wouldn't have thought it would be that much more difficult or costly to have it but it must.

Pity the race is moved to Stephens day. Won't make it now.

They had it the previous year. Anyway I have no problem with them not having it but it should not have said chip timing on advertising for the race.
    The new date will put a lot of people off I'd say. Wonder why it was changed.

Thanks!
    I'll be base building really and focusing on building on strength, so even more exercises will be included regularly. Can't believe I'm actually enjoying the exercises as I used to hate them! Working on building endurance back up too.
    Will race some 10ks between now and end of year. Not sure when first one will be but not for a while I'd imagine as my long run is only at 60 mins now.

Stability~general conditioning and mobility~strength and power ~ speed ~
    tickling and flirting with VO2 Max ~ lots of work in and around LT and AeT ~ mileage for stamina and endurance and to hold everything together - plus a few other little things like toe yoga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

They had it the previous year. Anyway I have no problem with them not having it but it should not have said chip timing on advertising for the race.
    The new date will put a lot of people off I'd say. Wonder why it was changed.

For such a big club the numbers were poor enough last year. Was nice as a target before Xmas. Just turns it into a social run now really.

Stazza wrote: »
    Stability~general conditioning and mobility~strength and power ~ speed ~
    tickling and flirting with VO2 Max ~ lots of work in and around LT and AeT ~ mileage for stamina and endurance and to hold everything together - plus a few other little things like toe yoga.

Oh yeah forgot the most important bit - the toe yoga!

Friday 26 September
    AIS, Lunge Matrix
    35 min run
    9:37 avg
    Very warm this evening. When the winter ever gonna start proper!

Saturday 27 September
    am: AIS, Lunge Matrix, Foam roll
    35 min run
    10ish pace. Took it fairly handy as felt a bit tired. Had one of those 'end of the world' dreams/nightmares last night which was a bit unsettling and led to a disrupted night of sleep. What's new! It woulda made a good movie though! Epic stuff:pac:

pm AIS, Lunge Matrix
    35 min run
    Did this with my sister in the PP (not the sister you're currently treating ecoli; she's obeying the 'no running till Monday' instruction;) )
    We did the Lunge Matrix in the grass pre run which she enjoyed and headed off on our little run. She's way behind where she used to be in terms of fitness since she fell in love again recently and exercise hasn't been a priority of late, so this was slow but she did keep going for the full 35 mins. I incorporated 6 x 25 sec strides and she did 2. She used to leave me for dust doing anything faster but you get out what you put in I suppose! The same statement rings true for love as well as for running I guess:)
    Another double tomorrow :)

Sunday 28 September
    AIS, Foam roll, Lunge Matrix
    Wiped this morning due to my Achilles' heel (lack of sleep). Kept this very easy.

pm: Foam roll, AIS
    35 min run
    Busy day at home working on a fairly intense project so great to get out again for a bit of fresh air.
    Planned to do my Lunge Matrix when I got to the park (one near DCU can't remember name right now) but forgot. Sleep deprivation obviously getting to me as it ain't like me to forget! Lovely to run here for a change. Kept this super easy too. Lovely and cool this evening.

35 miles for the week (missed one run)
    3 x doubles
    Longer run up to 60 mins
    Plan for next week is long run of 70 mins and 4 x doubles. BRING IT ON!

• Advertisement

Monday 29 September
    Foam Roll, AIS, Lunge Matrix pre run
    35 min run
    9:47 avg pace
    Nice :) Very enjoyable I must say. Kept it all fairly slow except for upping the ante for 3 mins to 8:22pace avg and a short cool down.

Tuesday 30 September
    NO WARM UP EXERCISES!!!
    Dropped my car into garage. No car = no Phoneix Park and no St. Anne's :(
    Did this run from garage to home and no suitable place to do me warm up bits 'n bobs so it was very strange to just start running without the usual pre run 'stuff'. I must say my limbs did feel a bit stiff and it took them a while to ease out. Grand once I got going. Extraordinarily beautiful morning. There's this man I see in my local park every single time I run there with a golden lab. I've been seeing him for a few years now. He walks an awful lot:pac: His dog is/was very very old and barely able to walk and not able to see or hear very well I'd say. The last week or so that I've seen him there has been no dog and he's walking solo ...:(

pm: 35 min run w/ 6 x 25 sec strides
    Foam Roll, AIS, Lunge Matrix (all's well in the world again:D)
    9:44 avg pace

The ginger doesn't go in your cereal - should be eaten separately in a decent sized chunk.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

There's this man I see in my local park every single time I run there with a golden lab. I've been seeing him for a few years now. He walks an awful lot:pac: His dog is/was very very old and barely able to walk and not able to see or hear very well I'd say. The last week or so that I've seen him there has been no dog and he's walking solo ...:(

Oh no, I dont like where this is going..........

Wednesday 1 October
    am: 35 min run w/3 mins at 10k effort
    This was one of those runs where everything just felt wonderful and I would have liked to keep going for a lot longer. Substantially cooler out there which suits me just fine. An epic sleep the night before.

pm: 35 min run w/6 x 25 sec strides
    Felt even better in the pm if that's possible:D

Thursday 2 October
    75 mins easy
    Still don't have my car back (its not looking good:() so all runs have been local lately. Bloody local park closes at 7 now too so it's out the door and either turn left or right:rolleyes:. Turned right, down through Ballymun, down Collins Aveune and back again, then down to Griffith Avenue. Felt a bit sluggish and uncoordinated if I'm honest. Not sure what it was. Tiredness perhaps. Unfortunately the return journey of that run leaves me with a net uphill climb all the way back home and I wasn't feeling very enthused about the prospect tonight. However, as I was slowly making my way up the swords road I got this surge or rush of energy. I was getting very angry about someone and it was spurring me on to run faster and faster. I really thought this would be a death march back home but I ended up tearing home in lightening speed:D
    Suposed to be 70 mins but I judged the time it would take me to get back home incorrectly so did 75 mins and walked another 5 to cool down. Feeling a lot less angry now!
    7.7 miles total
    progressive from 10.10ish pace to 8.30ish pace.

Friday 3 October
    35 min run
    First rainy run in yonks! In a way it's nice to don the winter gear and cover up for a change. Sometimes you just want to hide away from the world and not have everything on display :)

Saturday 4 October
    50 min run
    Plan was for 2 x 35 today but no matter how I tried to wrangle things around I knew a second run would be difficult to fit in with travelling so I did a longer morning run instead.

Sunday 5 October
    35 min run (9 hours sleep!!!!!!)
    Did this in Kilkenny in the middle of the countryside where I grew up. It really is like being in a foreign country as it's so removed from civilisation. They even drive on the wrong side of the road:rolleyes: Very very hilly run but thoroughly enjoyable as I kept it all very easy until the end when I did 3 mins fast when I got to the flat and finished very strong.
    9:42 avg pace

pm 35 min run
    Foam Roll, AIS, LM
    35 min run w/6x25 sec strides
    After being stuck in crazy traffic on the Naas Road and with the winds rising there was a tiny bit of me thinking would I just not bother and sit on me arse for the night but every time this happens I find myself subconsciously just putting on my gear and getting out the rope while I'm trying to make up my mind. I was rolled, aiss-ed, matrixed and out the door before I knew it!
    Super little run and a great lively end to my week.
    42 miles weekly total
    A couple of changes next week with a little bit of added spice!

Well done - good lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I finally cracked and googled the lunge matrix. I'm a little disappointed it didn't involve some Keanu Reeves "bullet time" Kung Fu moves. ;)

Keep up the good work. What's the next test?

Murph_D wrote: »
    I finally cracked and googled the lunge matrix. I'm a little disappointed it didn't involve some Keanu Reeves "bullet time" Kung Fu moves. ;)

Keep up the good work. What's the next test?

ha ha

Thanks a mill. I'll do a few 10k races soon. Nothing picked out yet but have my eye on a few in Nov/Dec to see how things are progressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭rom

9 hours sleep wtf really. I am using a white noise app on my phone and it is defo improving my sleep quality.

• Advertisement

rom wrote: »
    9 hours sleep wtf really. I am using a white noise app on my phone and it is defo improving my sleep quality.

yeah hard to believe really! I'll pay for it yet!

yeah hard to believe really! I'll pay for it yet!

Think positive, you may have turned a corner!

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Think positive, you may have turned a corner!

I paid for it :(

I paid for it :(

Feck it, hope you had a good book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

You've passed your insomnia on to me instead. I haven't had a decent nights sleep in over a week

Thanks for that! :cool:

Laois_Man wrote: »
    You've passed your insomnia on to me instead. I haven't had a decent nights sleep in over a week

Thanks for that! :cool:

Sorry Laois_Man :(
    As if you don't have enough to contend with already :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Sorry Laois_Man :(
    As if you don't have enough to contend with already :(

Ha! Shur I'm grand!

Monday 6 October
    45 min run w/25 mins at 10mile-10k effort
    First time I had to wear gloves and boy was i glad I had them. Arms were frozen in my teeshirt but delighted to be finally cold when running! Did this in Phoenix Park and it was starting to get dark when I started and I stupidly didn't have anything luminous on. I also parked the car in a very quiet dark area which was really dumb as when I was finished the run it was pitch black and I could have been murdered or worse heading back to the car without anyone seeing or hearing a thing. Lesson learned.
    10 min warm up and then into the tempo. If I'm honest I was a bit scared of this run as I haven't done anything longish and fastish in quite a while. Got into the faster bit and ignored the watch and just held a pace that was comfortably hard. Gradually took the pace from 8:35 to 8:18. 23 mins into the run I was crossing over the road by the Aras and there were cops holding up the traffic so I had to come to an abrupt halt. I didn't bother picking it up for the remaining 2 mins as the momentum was gone. 12 mins cool down at too fast a pace as my mind was a wanderin that there were scary men lurching in the bushes about to attack me so I kept a steady pace back to the car. Job done. Looking forward to the next one.
    5 miles at 9min/mile avg pace
    Myrtl post run

Tuesday 7 October
    Ais, Lunge Matrix pre run
    50 mins easy w/1 angry mile and a faster finish
    Today was to be 2 x 35 mins but it just couldn't be done. Awake all night so no chance of running before work as I only started getting to sleep at 6 and had to be up at 8 so was a bit of a wreck. I'm still paying for that 9 hours sleep on Saturday:(
    Fantabulous night for a run. Went on my merry way on the local paths and was really enjoying it and keeping it all relaxed. However, I had yet another altercation with some local packs of club runners. Some auld lads at the back of the group running towards me on a very narrow path were chatting away. They were running 3 abreast on a very narrow path by a busy road. Was almost knocked off the path onto the road with fast traffic as yer man closest to me was having a bit of banter with some other old codgers. I let a big culchie curse out of me that I don't think he'll forget in a hurry. How dangerous. Really really not on....
    Really enjoyable despite the rude interruption to my flow!
    5 miles at 9:49 avg pace
    heading West on Thursday for a few days so it'll be nice to do some running in areas I've never run in before. :)

Wednesday 8 October
    Lashing rain. Love running along the paths with cars and trucks coming towards me and when they purposely drive really close to the path and drown me with splashes of water I just laugh it off and wave ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I'm wet anyways so what's a few splashes more. They're not expecting that reaction!
    9:47 avg pace. Picked it up as I went along. 3 mins at 10kish effort towards end.

pm: 35 min run w/ 6 x 25 sec strides
    Crappy day with some crappy news :(
    Forgot to drink much water and ate well but very small portions, so maybe that's why I didn't feel great. Very sluggish but it's my first bad-ish run in a while. Felt grand towards the end though so threw in very purposely and carefully executed each stride with precision and aplomb.
    Just over 10min pace.
    Myrtl post run

7+ miles total

Longer run in the morning and then a few days hols (with lots of running:D)

Thursday 9 October
    AIS & Lunge Matrix pre run
    80 min longer run at easy effort
    Nice and chilly and drizzly. 8 laps of local park. Around and around and around I went. Delighted when I checked the watch afterwards to see my easy effort today was well under 10 min/miles. This climate suits me perfectly!
    Longest run in a quite a while and no problems covering the distance at all. Looking forward to eventually extending this run to 2 hours. Had another 30 mins or more in me today with no issues.
    Happy with progress and body and legs feel very strong and supple. All the daily exercises seem to be paying off and I'm slowly but surely turning into the bionic woman:cool:
    8ish miles at 9:51min/mile avg

Friday 11 October
    50 mins easy

Away in the Whest for 3 nights and using Sligo as a base. The weather was out of this world.
    Did this on Rossnowlagh beach in Donegal. Stunning beach and lovely compact sand so perfect for a run. Lunge Matrix before hand but forgot my rope so no AIS :( Originally I had planned to take a rest day today and passed it by the boss who encouraged it but I couldn't resist running in this weather. Had been feeling a bit selfish about running while on hols but came to an agreement with my bf so he fished on the beach while I ran on it so a happy equilibrium was reached:)
    Pace was 10:15min/mile for easy effort today which is slower than other recent runs. I was very dehydrated and hadn't slept at all the previous night. I'm never good when sleeping away from home. I'm never good at sleeping at home either but it's even worse when away:rolleyes:

Saturday 12 October
    50 mins with 6 x 25 sec strides

Did this on Dunmoran beach in Sligo. Didn't sleep at all previous night either so that was 2 nights on the trot with no sleep. Feeling pretty dreadful all day. Thought this run would be a nightmare but I felt surprisingly sprightly and energetic. Lunge Matrix and beforehand. Note to self, don't leave home again without rope and foam roller.
    9:36 min/mile

Sunday 13 October
    am 35 mins easy

Blissful 7 hours sleep followed by a blissful 35 min early morning dewey crisp run down by the river side towards Doorley Park. Wish I had done this one a few more times which had been the original plan but I'll be back there again soon.
    9:43 min/mile

pm 35 mins
    Back home and reunited with my rope:D
    Foam Roll, AIS and Lunge Matrix pre run.
    Local run. Feeling good so did this progressively.
    9:52, 9:16, 8:52, 9:54 (c/d)

43 miles weekly total
    Happy with the week but I did miss a 45 min run w/25min tempo (replaced by 35 min easy run) and a double day (replaced by 1 x 50 min run).
    Looking forward to getting everything done properly next week:)
    Work is going to be a lot less hectic from now on and I'll be working from home a lot more so more running can be accommodated:)
    Thanks dna and wb for all the running, eating and drinking suggestions. Best veggie burger I've had in years in Hargadon's Pub last night!

Once-off footage of Ososlo running (on Rossnowlagh):D
    :D324969.gif:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement