Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Be still my beating heart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Ososlo wrote: »
    Let's see how many I can do. The aim is 3 weeks :) and then I'll get smashed in celebration:D

I dare ya! :)
    3 weeks and 1 day here, feels great to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Wow that's fantastic! I hope I can say the same thing in 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Great going! 2 weeks and 2 days for me. Struggling a bit at weekends to be honest, but I do feel great :D
    Wow that's fantastic! I hope I can say the same thing in 3 weeks!

No bother to you. Just buy in a mega stash of tea bags. Be grand ;)

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Great going! 2 weeks and 2 days for me. Struggling a bit at weekends to be honest, but I do feel great :D

No bother to you. Just buy in a mega stash of tea bags. Be grand ;)

Great to hear another story of successful sobriety:D
    I hate tea:(

I hate tea:(

Bovril ...?

Bovril ...?

god no! Ugh!!!
    It'll have to be hot water with lemon:)

Saturday 17 January
    am: 5 miles easy

AIS, LM pre run
    Very frosty and icy and I don't seem to be able to run on it without slipping and I'm terrified of falling and injuring myself and not being able to run so had the novel idea of going to the beach. Beautiful morning in Portmarnock. Not too breezy. Absolutely thronged! Felt really good and strong. It's amazing what a good night's sleep and the lack of a hangover can do for pace. Was an awful lot faster than yesterday's easy runs.
    9:45 avg pace

pm: 4 miles easy
    AIS, LM pre run
    Luckily the paths weren't slippy tonight. Had a little snooze in the afternoon and a nice lazy day (I seem to be having a lot of those lately!!) so batteries felt nicely recharged.
    9:44 avg pace

9 miles total

Long run tomorrow.

Day 2 - no alcohol

Sunday 18 January
    90 min with 60 mins at high end aerobic effort (half marathon effort)

2 mile warm up and I wasn't feeing it... Slept well, have been eating well last few days, resting heart rate well below 50 the last 3 days so no reason for me not to feel good however I was feeling a bit lethargic all morning and on the warmup miles. Come to think about it I often feel like this before some of my sessions/faster runs. I think I get a bit nervous or something? Especially when the word 'tempo' is involved in a run on the plan:o.

Considered just running it all easy and had lots of excuses at the ready, but thought I'd do a mile at required effort and see how I felt. I cheated a bit today and checked the watch here and there as I feel I am going a bit easy on myself for these runs so wanted to ensure I worked hard throughout and didn't let my mind drift and slacken off the effort at any point.

The (ambitious) target was 8:30 pace or half marathon effort for the heae section of the run. It's a time that I think I should be capable of at this point but I was quite worried beforehand that it would be beyond me and I had a great fear of failure:o.

Well it felt great:D. I am still buzzing about this run. It was hard enough work but definitely sustainable and comfortable and I must say I felt more 'runner' and less 'plodder' for the whole thing. It helped that I was passing a lot of people out along the way (mainly men which always makes me feel good;)). I felt really strong and relaxed throughout and I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually enjoyed it and could have carried on.

This run gives me lots of confidence for my half marathon in April and I feel it will be possible to sustain that pace for a full half.
    I also knocked 2.5 mins off my 10k pb during this:D so again, this gives me lots of confidence for my 10k race in a few weeks.

The only negative was that once again I got a severe stitch on mile 3 which lasted into mile 4 and the pace dropped a bit for a while but I managed to work through it with controlled breathing. This happens me in every race so I guess it's no harm for it to happen in training so I can practice dealing with it. It started when I turned a corner into a bit of a breeze and had to slow down momentarily so I think it happens when my breathing pattern is disrupted.
    Decided to leave it at 10 miles for the day as I have packed quite a bit into 6 days this week.

Splits for the 60 mins:
    8:29, 8:30, 8:38, 8:34, 8:32, 8:19, 8:22 (8:29 avg pace) (I rock :cool:) )

Weekly total: 53 miles (missed one day)
    3 x sessions
    3 x doubles
    Feeling great:)

Day 3 - no alcohol

In other news Paddy the Kenyan (PtK - an honorary Boardsie;)) ran 15:47 in a Tralee 5k today and came first! A one min 15 sec improvement in a year. Go PtK!!!! Rio beckons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Loving this day's log :D congrats on the PB too! Good things are coming your way yeehaa :):)

• Advertisement

I also knocked 2.5 mins off my 10k pb during this:D so again, this gives me lots of confidence for my 10k race in a few weeks.

You are guaranteed that PB now! Shame you're missing Raheny though, by the sounds of things you could probably PB in both races without breaking a sweat :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

What HM have you planned in April?

You are guaranteed that PB now! Shame you're missing Raheny though, by the sounds of things you could probably PB in both races without breaking a sweat :cool:

I've been trying to find a suitable 10k for ages now so think I'm better off putting all eggs into that basket. Sounds like I'll be missing a lot of fun in Raheny though:(
    I think I'll go watch though and maybe meet up with some of you guys after!

What HM have you planned in April?

Wexford. It's the best one I can find on at that time. Practice race for the main goal of the year which is Autumn half!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Wexford. It's the best one I can find on at that time. Practice race for the main goal of the year which is Autumn half!

Done that one twice myself. Tough climb after a mile or so, a good few sharp turns in around the castle and a long run in on the main road which can be tough if the wind isn't playing ball. Not as fast as advertised. Get down there good and early, parking can be hard to find near the start.

Done that one twice myself. Tough climb after a mile or so, a good few sharp turns in around the castle and a long run in on the main road which can be tough if the wind isn't playing ball. Not as fast as advertised. Get down there good and early, parking can be hard to find near the start.

Thanks Barry for the tips. I'm not going to concern myself too much with the course as it's purely for race practice at half marathon distance and a good pb will be on the cards unless something goes badly wrong so will take it in my stride!
    Good tips there though. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done A. I always feel crap in warm up for session. Think it's just apprehension of what's coming.

If you could hold that pace easy enough today you'll prob surprise yourself in race conditions when it comes. Frankly an hour at HMP should be a bitch of a session.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    If you could hold that pace easy enough today you'll prob surprise yourself in race conditions when it comes. Frankly an hour at HMP should be a bitch of a session.

Really! That's good to know! It really didn't feel that bad and I have 3 months before the half so who knows, maybe I'll be aiming higher by end of April!

Really! That's good to know! It really didn't feel that bad and I have 3 months before the half so who knows, maybe I'll be aiming higher by end of April!

The main thing is the adrenalin you don't get from a session and also running with others which I find help.

You will have the training done so that side won't be a problem. Most HM plans max out at 7 miles at HMP because it's such a tough training run.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    The main thing is the adrenalin you don't get from a session and also running with others which I find help.

You will have the training done so that side won't be a problem. Most HM plans max out at 7 miles at HMP because it's such a tough training run.

Really good to know. Must try it without the watch next time and see what the pace turns out at.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Yes, an hour at HMP sounds like a horrific session!

Well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Nice paces there :). I remember trying trouble doing to do 6 HMP miles as part of a 12-miler back in DCHM training, and I had to slow down after 3 of the faster mile at that pace (I still squeezed under my Half-marathon target a few weeks later ...)

Nice paces there :). I remember trying trouble doing to do 6 HMP miles as part of a 12-miler back in DCHM training, and I had to slow down after 3 of the faster mile at that pace (I still squeezed under my Half-marathon target a few weeks later ...)

Looking at your pbs there on your log. They're exactly what I want to achieve between now and April for 10k and half :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Looking at your pbs there on your log. They're exactly what I want to achieve between now and April for 10k and half :)

Was very tight in both cases, really got the pacing right in the Race Series this year. All I can say for myself right now is that I am looking forward to duplicating them :rolleyes: ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Fair play Ososlo....that's an amazing pace to be maintaining for that distance. I dream of a run like that some day. Im going to have to look at your log a little closer. ..if that's alright. Just read the post on your first page about the dcm and heart rate training and though I'm not at all comparing abilities it certainly struck a chord. ..the whole slowing down in order to progress and keeping the heart rate under control. I never used a hrm but found last year the whole slowing down to keep going so frustrating. Its great to see how fast you're going now.

The mileage is incredible!

Fair play Ososlo....that's an amazing pace to be maintaining for that distance. I dream of a run like that some day. Im going to have to look at your log a little closer. ..if that's alright. Just read the post on your first page about the dcm and heart rate training and though I'm not at all comparing abilities it certainly struck a chord. ..the whole slowing down in order to progress and keeping the heart rate under control. I never used a hrm but found last year the whole slowing down to keep going so frustrating. Its great to see how fast you're going now.

The mileage is incredible!

Jeez thanks HS! Yeah read ahead! It gets a bit ahem... controversial at times... and it's all there, blood, sweat and tears! Literally:eek: :o

I have a lot more free time on my hands than most around these parts (work a lot from home, no kids) so have plenty of time to get the miles unlike people like yourself so major respect to you for managing to fit it all in.
    Enjoying your log and it's great to watch your progress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Jeez thanks HS! Yeah read ahead! It gets a bit ahem... controversial at times... and it's all there, blood, sweat and tears! Literally:eek: :o

I have a lot more free time on my hands than most around these parts (work a lot from home, no kids) so have plenty of time to get the miles unlike people like yourself so major respect to you for managing to fit it all in.
    Enjoying your log and it's great to watch your progress!

Haha even better. ..I love the honest logs.

Getting out twice a day is amazing commitment though. 60 miles in a week...I can hear my muscles telling me feck off don't even think about it when I look at your posts lol.

I have no choice but to run. Since day one I'm completely addicted. I love the feeling when you get back almost like dialysis or something lol. I saw a woman this morning out with the kids on bikes and she was running along beside them. Inspiring stuff! I couldn't do it with my pair unfortunately. ..not till I speed ip considerably anyhow :pac:

I can't wait to see how you get on in the 10k and the half marathon.

I have no choice but to run. Since day one I'm completely addicted.

ha ha..brilliant... you sure we aren't related? I felt that way from the first day I put on a pair of runners :) I'm waiting for the novelty to wear off but it ain't happening!
    Love it!

Monday 19 January
    am: 3.5 miles recovery

AIS, Lunge Matrix pre run
    About 2 hours' sleep Sunday night :( When I did sleep it was to have a nightmare. Bad night all in all...

Nice run once the body and mind woke up but no choice but to keep it very very easy.
    Myrtl post run
    10:24 avg pace

pm: 5 miles easy
    AIS, LM pre run
    Perfect cool crisp night for jogging. Had a bit more pep in my step this evening.
    9:53 avg pace

8.5 total

Tuesday 20 January
    15 mins at Lactate Threshold (1hr race effort), 5min jog rec, 12 min at LT & 3 min pickup at end

Back to 'feely' running tonight ignoring the watch.

15 mins: 8:10, 8:03 (pace)
    12 mins: 8:18, 8:09 (pace)
    1 min: 8:09 (p)
    1 min: 7:34 (p)
    1 min: 7:26 (p)

Overall a bit slower than I'd hoped for, especially the second 15 mins. If clock watching I'm sure I'd have been able to push myself to run a bit faster. It did feel like a good tempo pace all the same and I put in an even effort throughout. The slower 8:18 mile was on a bit of an incline but still I'm surprised it's not a tad faster.
    Ideally I should have done this tomorrow instead to allow a bit more recovery from the longer run Sunday but conditions were perfect, I'd had a good 6 hours' sleep last night and I had the time on my hands, so thought it a good opportunity to get it done.
    Started feeling sick and was retching when I finished the session. Very odd. Felt perfect after about 30 seconds and jogged home. Maybe I just exerted myself a little too much towards end but it didn't feel it at the time. Not sure...

8.5 miles total - 9:13 avg pace

Let this fantastic windless perfect running weather continue!!!

Day 5 - no alcohol

Wednesday 21 January
    am: 3.5 miles recovery

Perfect running conditions. One could not ask for better. Picked it up to about 8 pace for 3 mins towards the end.
    10:03 avg pace

AIS, LM pre run
    Had a nice afternoon which involved popping in to Amphibian King in Ballymount to pick up some new runners which I've christened
    "The Graduates":D Thanks guys!
    A lovely fresh pair of Brooks racer st5s. I wear my current pair a lot (on at least 3 runs a week for sessions, so over half my weekly mileage) and find I'm wearing my clunkier Mizunos a lot less so needed to throw another pair of lighter shoes into the ring. The guy gave me some great advice and I'm gonna wear the new ones for 40% of my runs, the old Brooks for 30% and the old Mizunos for 30% and see how I get on. He doesn't think I need a heavier shoe necessarily at all so I might phase them out completely. I'll keep a close eye on niggles and make a decision based on how I go over the next few weeks/months. He even let me try out the new shoes for a little run outside. Those guys are the best. Only found out today that AK in Ashtown no longer exists.

I took the new shoes for a little spin up to the airport. Can't believe why I never ran up there before as it's a perfect 2.5 miles up to Departures so a nice 5 mile round trip. I guess the road up that direction looks very bleak and dark and it's not the most scenic, and while it's busy enough with cars, it's mainly devoid of pedestrians, just the odd cyclist. I did feel quite safe up there tonight though so nice to have another run to add to the repertoire.
    Got up real close and personal with some planes which made for an interesting little run. Kept it nice and easy to break in the new shoes gradually.
    Myrtl post run
    9:54 avg pace

8.5 miles total

Day 6 - no alcohol

Good luck with the new footwear. The shop in Ashtown is called 'The Run Hub'. Same owners etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Oh I was going to go to AK in ashtown this Saturday. Run hub? Off to Google I go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

I had a pair of ST5's as well - really liked them and they got me into lighter runners, plus they've enough cushioning for some longer runs.
    The weight of runners is a key factor! (my wife doesn't understand it!)

Run Hub is the new AK in Ashtown - Kevin has gone out on his own - Same location, same people work there, same good service.

Thursday 22 January

3 x (6 x 40 secs @ 1 mile pace) 5 min jog rec between sets & 5 mins at 2 mile effort

AIS, LM pre run

Was feeling A1 tonight. Great form, sprightly with lots of energy and raring to go. Warm up a bit longer than usual as I wanted to find to a suitable place to do these. I'm very limited as to where I can do this session in the dark so opted for Griffith Ave. Found a nice stretch for the strides but the tree cover means the pace of the reps on the watch are fukced so there's no point in recording them.
    Put in the usual good hard effort but it was so cold that I never really warmed up at all and could have done with a second layer on. My hands were frozen under my 1 euro pair of gloves :(
    I moved to a different area for the 5 mins @ 2 mile effort at the end of the 3 sets. It wasn't an ideal place to do this rep as the paths were very uneven and parts were starting to frost over so I had to be hyper aware of my footing. Still I'm happy that the pace for the 5mins was 7:16.
    Myrtl post run.
    Got a new tub of the Kinetica 100% Recovery powder in AK yesterday and went for blackcurrant flavour this time and it's really tasty! I'd highly recommend! I really feel that taking this after my harder workouts is definitely contributing to keeping me healthy and injury free.
    Wore the new Brooks again and they feel great but I'd better rest them now for a few days.

10.5 miles total

I'll try and take 2 days easy before the HEAE run, as it worked out well last week that way having the extra easy day

Day 7 - no alcohol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I take 100% recovery on occasion too, and I understand how it works (I think) but I don't see how it helps injury prevention. Care to elaborate?

adrian522 wrote: »
    I take 100% recovery on occasion too, and I understand how it works (I think) but I don't see how it helps injury prevention. Care to elaborate?

The protein and carbs and other vitamins aid muscle repair I guess!
    If the muscles don't repair well after intense exercise they're more prone to injury I guess!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

OK makes sense I suppose, though I think all that stretching and strengthening you do is probably more the reason you never get injured!

OK makes sense I suppose, though I think all that stretching and strengthening you do is probably more the reason you never get injured!

ah yes the stretching and strengthening is definitely the main reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

Recovery in general (sleep, diet, recovery drinks and even alcohol consumption) all play a role in post session recovery. When we run a session we create micro trauma's within the muscle fibers which in turn provided there are enough building blocks (your proteins carbs and fats) and under right conditions (sufficient sleep, absence of further high intensity stresses) all these fibers to repair and grow making them stronger and more efficient. This is the reason why recovery is just as important as the sessions themselves, do another session too soon or poor nurtition/hydration and the fibers are under recovered which means that you are compounding these microtears to point where the integrity of the muscle in terms of functionality is impaired and strains occur.

As you said there are a number of varying factors which play a role on this recovery and remaining injury free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Thursday 22 January

3 x (6 x 40 secs @ 1 mile pace) 5 min jog rec between sets & 5 mins at 2 mile effort

AIS, LM pre run

Was feeling A1 tonight. Great form, sprightly with lots of energy and raring to go. Warm up a bit longer than usual as I wanted to find to a suitable place to do these. I'm very limited as to where I can do this session in the dark so opted for Griffith Ave. Found a nice stretch for the strides but the tree cover means the pace of the reps on the watch are fukced so there's no point in recording them.
    Put in the usual good hard effort but it was so cold that I never really warmed up at all and could have done with a second layer on. My hands were frozen under my 1 euro pair of gloves :(
    I moved to a different area for the 5 mins @ 2 mile effort at the end of the 3 sets. It wasn't an ideal place to do this rep as the paths were very uneven and parts were starting to frost over so I had to be hyper aware of my footing. Still I'm happy that the pace for the 5mins was 7:16.
    Myrtl post run.
    Got a new tub of the Kinetica 100% Recovery powder in AK yesterday and went for blackcurrant flavour this time and it's really tasty! I'd highly recommend! I really feel that taking this after my harder workouts is definitely contributing to keeping me healthy and injury free.
    Wore the new Brooks again and they feel great but I'd better rest them now for a few days.

10.5 miles total

I'll try and take 2 days easy before the HEAE run, as it worked out well last week that way having the extra easy day

Day 7 - no alcohol

How much is that there if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

ECOLII wrote: »
    Recovery in general (sleep, diet, recovery drinks and even alcohol consumption) all play a role in post session recovery. When we run a session we create micro trauma's within the muscle fibers which in turn provided there are enough building blocks (your proteins carbs and fats) and under right conditions (sufficient sleep, absence of further high intensity stresses) all these fibers to repair and grow making them stronger and more efficient. This is the reason why recovery is just as important as the sessions themselves, do another session too soon or poor nurtition/hydration and the fibers are under recovered which means that you are compounding these microtears to point where the integrity of the muscle in terms of functionality is impaired and strains occur.

As you said there are a number of varying factors which play a role on this recovery and remaining injury free.
    :D:D:D probably the wrong log to post this on right now but you've made me a happy camper :)

Ososlo, remind me again please, what is myrtl?

pconn062 wrote: »

43 euro. I usually get it in Holland & Barret but dunno what I paid for it last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

pconn062 wrote: »

If you were going down that route personally I have found that optimum nutrition products tend to have a better reputation.

However whats wrong with a choc milk and banana till you get home ;)

Supplements are just that supplementary and I would say to people only use them as a last resort when you are stuck for another decent food source, can't beat a proper meal

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    :D:D:D probably the wrong log to post this on right now but you've made me a happy camper :)

Ososlo, remind me again please, what is myrtl?

Here you go:
    http://www.runnersworld.com/workouts/the-myrtl-routine
    the routine is designed to maximize flexibility in the hip girdle area. The routine was also designed with the assumption that most of us spend a great deal of time sitting; this routine should address any asymmetries in your hips before you sit in a car, commute to work and then spend hours sitting at work. This routine takes no more than five minutes once you've learned the exercises. Once you've done it a handful of times it will become an easy, gentle cool-down routine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

ECOLII wrote: »
    If you were going down that route personally I have found that optimum nutrition products tend to have a better reputation.

However whats wrong with a choc milk and banana till you get home ;)

Supplements are just that supplementary and I would say to people only use them as a last resort when you are stuck for another decent food source, can't beat a proper meal

Agree man, just something I was talking to the coach about and he suggested it could be worth experimenting with in the short-term.

Sorry! for the hi-jack Ososlo

Thanks!. Looks very doable (that model has some control!)...I can see myself incorporating this....

• Advertisement

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Thanks!. Looks very doable (that model has some control!)...I can see myself incorporating this....

Yes it's great. I especially like the standing leg swings at the end. Makes me feel nice and loosened out and flexible after a session.
    I found when I started doing it first that my glutes would be a bit tender the day after but sure that's a good thing!
    I do it about 3 times a week. Let me know how you find it.

Yes it's great. I especially like the standing leg swings at the end. Makes me feel nice and loosened out and flexible after a session.
    I found when I started doing it first that my glutes would be a bit tender the day after but sure that's a good thing!
    I do it about 3 times a week. Let me know how you find it.
    Will do, I feel I have cracked the mental block I had about core. I'll start Monday, after Raheny :)

43 euro. I usually get it in Holland & Barret but dunno what I paid for it last time.

47.19 in H & B !!!!

http://www.elverys.ie/Product/kinetica-100-recovery-1kg/219575/0000001489

€32 there, sometimes a further 10% off to be had if you leave stuff in your basket for a day or 2 they email you a code.

Friday 23 January
    5 miles recovery

Sore neck and shoulders all day. Got an analysis of my desk and chair position in work and I think the screen was a bit low so that'll be sorted for me when I'm back next Thursday. I find I'm tensing up all the time these days. Not necessarily when I'm running as I'm always conscious of relaxing upper body when running but it's when I'm just sitting on the couch or desk I'm automatically in a tense state.
    Found some good AIS for my neck last night. Don't worry, it doesn't involve wrapping a rope around my neck!
    10:22 avg pace

Saturday 24 January
    am: 4 miles easy

AIS, LM pre run

Went over on my ankle when I got out of bed to go to the loo in middle of night. Felt ok this morning but was a tiny bit concerned about how it would be on run so looked up the AIS lower leg (feet mainly) exercises and did them before the run and foam rolled lower leg. It was fine on the run :)
    I'm thinking of writing an AIS bible and maybe releasing a DVD and starting up a Church of AIS. AIS - the answer to all of life's problems:) Well the running ones anyways!
    Felt very sluggish starting off and for the first 2 miles really but second two felt good. Goes to show the importance of a proper warm up before sessions and races as it takes the body a while to really get in the mood to do its thang!!!
    10:04 avg pace

AIS pre run
    Took a spin up to the airport. I was about a mile up the road and I started feeling very unsafe and a bit panicky. There was absolutely no one about and very few cars and I was so paranoid I kept thinking my shadow was someone creeping up behind me ready to attack. I kept going anyways and felt fine as I got closer to the airport. My imagination was really working on overdrive on the way back when there was a big group of young fellas ahead. I crossed over the road and ran a good bit faster than I should have to get past quickly. I think I'll avoid this run in the dark from now on. Just ain't worth the stress.
    Body felt good, legs felt good, ankle felt 100% so all systems go for longer run tomorrow.
    9:53 avg pace

9 miles total

Day 9 - no alcohol. Can't believe I got this far to be honest! If it wasn't for logging it here I'd definitely have had a few glasses/bottles at this point.
    Meanwhile my social life is going down the drain...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement