Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Be still my beating heart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

I give up the hooch every year till mid-March & after the Bundoran 10 mile, try that!! But i have no social life or friends so it makes it easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

ECOLII wrote: »
    This is definitely a pet peeve of mine in this countries culture, why do drink and social interaction need to be linked?

Plenty of N/A drinks that can be had in a bar and good night had by all, not saying have to live like a hermit and not drink just try to break the link and can do you wonders (speaking as a person who often hits town of a weekend and has minimal to no drink)

Yeah I know it's SO Irish.
    I tried going out once or twice not drinking. It just didn't work for me. I just had a horrible time and found it all really boring watching other people get drunk. I just went home early.
    When I gave up smoking, I couldn't go near any situations/places that I associated with smoking. This strategy works best for me for not drinking too!

tang1 wrote: »
    I give up the hooch every year till mid-March & after the Bundoran 10 mile, try that!! But i have no social life or friends so it makes it easier.

ha ha :D Poor tang:D I'm sure that's not true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Ososlo wrote: »
    I tried going out once or twice not drinking. It just didn't work for me. I just had a horrible time and found it all really boring watching other people get drunk. I just went home early.
    When I gave up smoking, I couldn't go near any situations/places that I associated with smoking. This strategy works best for me for not drinking too!

I had 2 non alcoholic beers in town last Sat night and it did nothing for me. Of course inundated with lads going out tonight locally. The sacrifices we make (sometimes) ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Funny, I was out for dinner last night in San Francisco, 7 of us at the table, 1 bottle of wine consumed between the lot of us over the course of 2 hours and the craic was only mighty. Its no exaggeration to say that it would have been closer to a bottle each over the two hours at home :o

It IS possible to socialize without booze....just not in Ireland :D

Duanington wrote: »
    Funny, I was out for dinner last night in San Francisco, 7 of us at the table, 1 bottle of wine consumed between the lot of us over the course of 2 hours and the craic was only mighty. Its no exaggeration to say that it would have been closer to a bottle each over the two hours at home :o

It IS possible to socialize without booze....just not in Ireland :D

Yeah but what % of the bottle did you drink? Nine tenths? :D
    I think I might need to emigrate so to stay sober!
    Love San Fran! No better place for some hill training! Enjoy rest of trip!

Sunday 25 January
    11 miles hilly

Change of plan to long run this morning and decided to do a hilly route instead and keep it all easy. I rarely run hills and it showed on this run! Found it very tough and reinforces the fact that I need to practice practice practice!
    Was going to do some strides at the end but was just too fcuked from the hills! Incorporated lots of the hilly bits in the Phoenix Park. Hard work even though I was barely moving at times!
    9:50 avg pace

61 miles weekly total
    Day 10 - no alcohol
    Happy with the week and highest mileage week ever. I definitely feel the benefits of the no alcohol. I have bundles of energy and while I can't say my sleep is wonderful, it has improved a tiny bit. My rhr is 48 at night and in the morning, where it was 65ish over the boozy xmas and NY period!!! But I do feel I'm turning into a boring old fart sitting in every night with my lemon water:o but hey my skin is glowing:D
    2 good sessions for the week, 3 doubles and a decent longer run and looking forward to next week already! I mightn't be saying that when I'm in the middle of my 3 x 8 mins at 5k! But sure we'll see!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 yantz

Can I just say- I'm not a very good runner but I got your log recommended to me by someone else on Runners Support Page. I just wanted to let you know how inspiring it is. I've read it from the start and had tears of laughter, sadness and joy streaming down my face at various stages while reading it. Amazing. Thank you.

yantz wrote: »
    Can I just say- I'm not a very good runner but I got your log recommended to me by someone else on Runners Support Page. I just wanted to let you know how inspiring it is. I've read it from the start and had tears of laughter, sadness and joy streaming down my face at various stages while reading it. Amazing. Thank you.

Wow! Thanks for the lovely post! Fair play for reading all of that!!!
    I'm not on Facebook so not really familiar with the RSP group but I hope it's even half as good as our Boards Athletics Forum!

For the record, (as I'm sure you've seen!) I'm not a very good runner either but I will be someday;) In actual fact, I'm a really bad runner with no natural ability for it at all (last in school races and no good at any other sports etc etc etc). As an adult I just fell in love with something I suck at and previously thought I hated and any little thing I have achieved so far is due to hard work and consistency. In saying that though, I hate calling it 'work' as it's not really work at all! It's amazing and one of the best things in my life! But there is plenty of hard work involved too where I've been reduced to tears and vomiting to achieve a target:D

You should consider setting up a log yourself. You'll get great support and amazing advice as we've got very very knowledgable runners here ready to advise and steer one in the right direction when necessary. Nobody around here cares how fast or slow you are as long as you put in the work, take it seriously and give consideration to the advice given. Logging here and interacting with AR Boardsies both virtually and in real life has certainly enriched my running. Maybe give it a go!

Best of luck with your training!

Monday 26 January
    am: 3 miles easy

AIS, LM pre run

Very disrupted sleep on Sunday night but thought I felt ok for a run. RHR 48 getting up so all fine there. Headed to St. Anne's for a change to do my 5 mile run. Well I felt horrible. Don't know what was wrong with me but no matter how slowly I went I just wanted to stop and walk. This never hardly happens me:mad: Legs felt fine but breathing was ridiculously laboured. Really thought there was something wrong with me... Made my sad sorry way home :(
    10:35 avg pace

pm: 5 miles easy
    Felt a lot better! Tried to have a kip in the afternoon but it was not to be. Gave up after an hour of trying to sleep.
    Really enjoyed this one. Nice smooth rhythm and not laboured at all. Amazing how 2 runs in one day can feel so different!
    9:55 avg pace

Tuesday 27 January
    5 miles easy

Tonight was supposed to be session night but I felt shight on the warmup so scrapped that idea and ran easy. Sleep abysmal again Monday night. A really rough patch atm. I can function fine with not sleeping for one night but the second night really gets me….
    9:43 avg pace

Wednesday 28 January
    Rest

and it got me…

My usual bad sleeping pattern is typically one bad night followed by a dreadful second night followed by a third night where I’m so tired I go into a coma once my head hit the pillow.
    This time however, I didn’t manage to get into a coma so by Wednesday morning I was looking and feeling a bit like this :(

I went to bed at 10pm and did everything possible to try and sleep but nothing worked. I don’t count sheep anymore to help me drift off, I count runners jumping over hurdles on a track:) but I swear I must have counted 5,000 of them. A lot of them knock the hurdle or fall before they get to it for some reason:confused: Very few get over in one piece! That didn't help so then I made a lot of plans in my head about Ososlo's Runners' Rest - A Place to Rest Your Weary Legs (stay tuned ! all I need is some serious capital to get this off the ground!) When that didn’t work, I read about 100 pages of my novel but alas, sleep was not to grace me with its presence until 7am where I entered into a deep wonderful slumber, only for the alarm to cruelly wrench me back to reality at 7:45am. :(
    I’ve never felt so awful trying to get through a day’s work and by hometime I was definitely feeling a bit like this :)

RHR over 60 Wednesday morning and while it did go down a little during the day I thought it safer to take the day off. First day off since 14th January so probably no harm.

Thursday 29 January
    Went to bed at 10pm last night and read for about an hour and a half and slept. Yay! So slept from about 11:30pm until 3am when I woke and felt completely alert and full of energy and like I had slept for 8 hours. Read for about an hour again and thankfully drifted back until the alarm went off at 7:45. RHR back to a reasonable level at 51bpm. Felt good this morning so back to the running!

3 x (6x 40 sec off jog back rec) 5 mins between sets & 5 mins @ 2 mile race effort
    AIS, Lunge Matrix pre run

Felt like a different person tonight. Strong as an ox and light on my feet, breathing great, good posture and ready to take on the world.
    It started to snow quite heavily in parts so I did have to run a few of them quite gingerly for fear of falling on my ass but in general conditions were good.
    Set 1: 6:28, 6:48, 6:50, 6:38, 6:54, 6:37
    Set 2: 7, 6:56, 6:53, 6:39, 6:35, 6:51
    Set 3: 7:05, 6:50, 7:17, 7:16, 6:54, 6:46
    5 mins @ 7:12 - this was tough enough but I was kind to myself with a route taken that ensured the wind was mainly on my back.
    10 miles total
    Myrtl post run
    All's well in the wonderful world of Ososlo once again:)
    14 days - no alcohol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

You're racking up the miles and the speed is following. When is the name change happening?

PaulieC wrote: »
    You're racking up the miles and the speed is following. When is the name change happening?

When I feel it's justified, I'll consider changing to Os_From_Oslo:)
    Or perhaps Notsoslo but it's gonna be a good while yet before that happens. But thank you!
    ps - those intervals are very short so it might look misleading!

When I feel it's justified, I'll consider changing to Os_From_Oslo:)
    Or perhaps Notsoslo but it's gonna be a good while yet before that happens. But thank you!
    ps - those intervals are very short so it might look misleading!

5 min @ 7:12 isn't that short. A few more of those back to back and you have a smashing 5k time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

ARGHHHH and ARRRRGGHH don't DOO that!! I can't believe I opened the second link and didn't expect more of the same :D
    That lack of sleep is a horrible thing but you seem to bounce back...
    How long are you planning to write in red at the end of each post? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

+1 :):)

5 min @ 7:12 isn't that short. A few more of those back to back and you have a smashing 5k time.
    Yes I am happy with that interval for sure. It works up to 8 mins over the next few weeks so interesting to see if I can hold it!
    Dubgal72 wrote: »
    ARGHHHH and ARRRRGGHH don't DOO that!! I can't believe I opened the second link and didn't expect more of the same :D
    That lack of sleep is a horrible thing but you seem to bounce back...
    How long are you planning to write in red at the end of each post? :D

Sorry for disturbing you!
    I'll keep going with the red bit at the end of each post for another week at least. Surprising myself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

After seeing those pics I think your previous comments about not being able to go racing with no make up are the least of your worries :)

You seem to be enjoying your training anyway. Still planning on Rathcoffey?

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    After seeing those pics I think your previous comments about not being able to go racing with no make up are the least of your worries :)

You seem to be enjoying your training anyway. Still planning on Rathcoffey?

Ha ha:D Nothing a bit of touché éclat (men are scratching their heads!) couldn't sort out!
    Yes that's the plan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Ha ha:D Nothing a bit of touché éclat (men are scratching their heads!) couldn't sort out!
    Yes that's the plan!

Pfft, I just had to listen to an hour long debate about the relative merits about the different types of foundations and bb creams? I think I have that one right. This was followed by a debate about whether Irish men are in general better looking than Irish women. The conclusion was that Irish men are marginally better looking than Irish women but if make up was removed from the equation then the disparity would be a lot bigger.

The draw of the open fire in the sitting room is very strong. Very, very strong :D

• Advertisement

Pfft, I just had to listen to an hour long debate about the relative merits about the different types of foundations and bb creams? I think I have that one right. This was followed by a debate about whether Irish men are in general better looking than Irish women. The conclusion was that Irish men are marginally better looking than Irish women but if make up was removed from the equation then the disparity would be a lot bigger.

The draw of the open fire in the sitting room is very strong. Very, very strong :D

Are you on drugs:confused:confused:

Yes there are bb creams and now you can even get cc creams:)
    I might agree with that conclusion:eek:
    I'm intrigued as to why you were listening to such a debate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Are you on drugs:confused:confused:

Yes there are bb creams and now you can even get cc creams:)
    I might agree with that conclusion:eek:
    I'm intrigued as to why you were listening to such a debate!

I had no choice but to listen. This was a debate between my two female house mates and I needed the open fire in the sitting room after a session in those conditions tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Notsoslo has a nice ring to it, plus it has a touch more positivity to it...
    Change your username, change it now Notsoslo :D

Good running there today, sorry to hear of the recent sleeping drought.
    I find it hard getting one bad night sleep and yet you get it so much worse
    over a few days :(

Oh and I did google that touché éclat, I had an idea it was fillers of some kind :)

I had no choice but to listen. This was a debate between my two female house mates and I needed the open fire in the sitting room after a session in those conditions tonight.

Ah I see:) At least you learned some useful stuff. It won't go to waste!

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Notsoslo has a nice ring to it, plus it has a touch more positivity to it...
    Change your username, change it now Notsoslo :D

Good running there today, sorry to hear of the recent sleeping drought.
    I find it hard getting one bad night sleep and yet you get it so much worse
    over a few days :(

Oh and I did google that touché éclat, I had an idea it was fillers of some kind :)

Yes I like Notsoslo. But it has to be earned Marty so it'll be a while yet. I wasn't christened Ososlo for nothing :)

All the men are learning something new tonight. It's actually a great gift for any woman as it's expensive, luxurious and a little touch of magic;) You can't go wrong if you're ever stuck for a gift idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

I went to bed at 10pm and did everything possible to try and sleep but nothing worked. I don’t count sheep anymore to help me drift off, I count runners jumping over hurdles on a track:) but I swear I must have counted 5,000 of them. A lot of them knock the hurdle or fall before they get to it for some reason:confused:

hee hee hee, giggle :) very picturesque...

but not funny at all about the sleep thing, must be horrible, would have hoped the regular running might have knocked it on the head (I think I suggested taking up running to an insomniac from my office while back, of course was just guessing).

Notsoslo I think it has to be, has the same stress/rhythm as the original...

• Advertisement

hee hee hee, giggle :) very picturesque...

but not funny at all about the sleep thing, must be horrible, would have hoped the regular running might have knocked it on the head (I think I suggested taking up running to an insomniac from my office while back, of course was just guessing).

Notsoslo I think it has to be, has the same stress/rhythm as the original...

I've been an insomniac since I was 8:( and all through my life really. I was drunk most of my 20s so actually got decent sleep then as I conked out most nights:D
    It didn't really improve much with running:(

Yes I think it'll be Notsoslo. Not forgetting my roots and all that;)

I was drunk most of my 20s so actually got decent sleep then as I conked out most nights:D

Hmmm... pity it's not the running that gave the 'solution' ;)

Friday 30 January
    6 miles recovery
    AIS, LM pre run

Nice little jaunt to collect the car. Legs felt great after Thursday's session.
    10:10 avg pace

Saturday 31 January
    3 x 8 mins @ 5k-4 mile effort off 5 min recoveries
    AIS, LM pre run

Slept for 9 hours! Woo hoo! Felt good before this except for the pre session nerves that I always get, especially when anything at 5k effort if on the cards!!! Since pistol mentioned that he thinks it's normal to feel this way before a session I've started to ignore the false signals my body's sending out!
    Worked the session so the wind was mainly on my back or coming from the side although there were a couple of crazy gusts here and there! Would have been such a perfect day only for that damn wind!
    I did it to feel and didn't look at the watch until the 8 minutes was up when I had a glance at the watch. I tried to maintain effort for the 3 reps and am amazed I managed to keep them all so similar and the last 2 identical!
    The efforts felt controlled and relaxed and I felt my form was good. Head up, back straight, light feet. Definitely wasn't straining anything today.

Paces for the 3 reps were 7:40, 7:37, 7:37

Last time I did this before xmas paces were: 7:45, 7:48, 7:44 so nice to see some improvement there. Could have done another rep no problem.

I think these moderate effort sessions with decent recoveries which are part of my base training are great from a psychological point of view. They're giving me confidence that I can hold a specific pace for a decent amount of time but I have good recoveries so it's easy to go again for the next rep. Over the weeks I find I'm gradually starting to say to myself that running to these paces is not such a big deal and I should be able to do them without too much of a problem and I'm not as scared of them as I was before. I think not looking at the watch for the faster stuff is really helping me here too as I'm more relaxed at speed and not panicking if I'm not running a particular part of a rep at a specific pace. Sorry for the ramblings!

January total : 231.29 miles
    Most I've ever done by far but to be honest, the miles never posed a problem for me. I think I could easily manage more easy miles but what is great is that I'm managing to do 3 moderate sessions a week along with high-ish mileage and not getting injured or sick. Long may it continue!!!
    16 days - no alcohol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Well done on that session. I did that one a few weeks ago and really suffered....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

What's your 5k pb?
    You must be due to give one a go and set a new one.
    I'm guessing off that session it would probably be a formality?

• Advertisement

yaboya1 wrote: »
    What's your 5k pb?
    You must be due to give one a go and set a new one.
    I'm guessing off that session it would probably be a formality?

Hey! It's 24:48 from last autumn and yes I should get a good pb at this stage.

Training will be geared more towards half marathon distance for the next 3 months (Wexford Half) but I'm sure I could fit one in. St. Anne's Parkrun probably or maybe MSB. I liked that one the time I did it. Yes actually I think I'll do MSB Patrick's weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Training will be geared more towards half marathon distance for the next 3 months (Wexford Half) but I'm sure I could fit one in. St. Anne's Parkrun probably or maybe MSB. I liked that one the time I did it. Yes actually I think I'll do MSB Patrick's weekend.

I reckon you might break 23 minutes.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I reckon you might break 23 minutes.

that'd be nice but if I were you I wouldn't be putting any money on that for a few more months. Maybe by MSB though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

That'll be my first race of the year. Not likely to be a PB but hoping I can give it a decent lash. I've got a load of people from work doing it too as a big charity event.

That's some month's work for you A. Well done!

RedRunner wrote: »
    That'll be my first race of the year. Not likely to be a PB but hoping I can give it a decent lash. I've got a load of people from work doing it too as a big charity event.

That's some month's work for you A. Well done!
    thanks!

I'm sure you'll be in great shape by then R! Let's hope they get the distance correct this year as there was a lot of controversy last year about course being short.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Let's hope they get the distance correct this year as there was a lot of controversy last year about course being short.

It's such a great route - definitely PB territory if they get the distance right. My guess is it was off by around 150m last year :( Can see you knocking a massive chunk of your PB based on your recent sessions. How are you fixed for the 10K ?

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    It's such a great route - definitely PB territory if they get the distance right. My guess is it was off by around 150m last year :( Can see you knocking a massive chunk of your PB based on your recent sessions. How are you fixed for the 10K ?

Yeah I loved it the time I did it. Definitely pb territory but a bit too much so last year due to short course!!!
    Not thinking about 10k (nerves already..ridiculous. ... so let's not talk about it until Sunday ;) ) but quietly confident ish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Yeah I loved it the time I did it. Definitely pb territory but a bit too much so last year due to short course!!!

Yeah, I don't count it as a PB and I'll be a while beating it but for about 10 minutes after the race I was the happiest girl in the world :rolleyes:
    Not thinking about 10k (nerves already..ridiculous. ... so let's not talk about it until Sunday ;) ) but quietly confident ish :)
    Ok let's not, BUT, you are going to smash it. And nerves are good. I always get nervous in advance of the big races but once you're running it doesn't matter and it's better than just being meh about it :D Channel those nerves, be grand!

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't count it as a PB and I'll be a while beating it but for about 10 minutes after the race I was the happiest girl in the world :rolleyes:

Ok let's not, BUT, you are going to smash it. And nerves are good. I always get nervous in advance of the big races but once you're running it doesn't matter and it's better than just being meh about it :D Channel those nerves, be grand!
    Thanks yeah talking about it makes it worse for me so we won't mention the r word until Sunday :)
    Not a goal one really but wanna do well.
    Now back to you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Friday 30 January

Paces for the 3 reps were 7:40, 7:37, 7:37

January total : 231.29 miles

You have just gotta change that username!!

Well done on January mileage, that is seriously seriously impressive :cool:

• Advertisement

Sunday 1 February
    5 miles easy
    Did this around the homeplace in Kilkenny. This is literally in the middle of nowhere and one doesn't expect to see humans, let alone running humans in these here parts. Well lo and behold but there were 2 runners heading towards me about a half mile away in the distance. Couldn't believe my eyes. I was super excited. When I got to them it seemed like they didn't want to stop and talk :(
    I understand why now and feel a bit bad for stopping them in their tracks but I just had to stop and chat. Turns out they're a mother and daughter doing the OP Trans 5k programme. They were on one of the 5 minute running bits and believe me, I know how difficult they are when you're starting out, and the worst thing in the world is having to stop to chat to an annoyingly cheery happy smiley person if you're in the middle of that mammoth task:(. I apologised profusely and gave them loads of encouragement and they nearly fell down with excitement when I said I started a similar programme 3 years ago and did the marathon last year and am running every day now, so I felt a little bit better about it as they were (seemed) genuinely interested to hear about my running history and the fact that I started out exactly where they did.

Skipped the pm run as the roads were icy and it was completely dark and I didn't want to have to drive to Kilkenny to run due to the slippy roads.

45 miles weekly total
    Turned out to be a bit of an unintentional recovery week as I was feeling a bit 'off' early in the week so took a day off and dropped some doubles. No harm.

Monday 2 February
    10 miles very easy w/ 6x45 sec strides near end
    I've had 2 of the most amazing nights of sleep that I've ever had. I must have slept 9 hours on Saturday night and about 10 hours last night and I could have slept for longer. I was very surprised to see my rhr up to about 57 this morning but I felt fine so not sure what that was about.

Drove back to Dublin and hit the Phoenix Park on one of the most glorious afternoons that we've had this year. Honestly, the scenery was just breath taking at times and I was so happy that I could run it all very relaxed and take it all in. Ran a lot of hills and kept it all lovely and smooth with easy breathing, barely breaking a sweat. Happy happy days :)
    Ran past the fairly old dude I often see running around the park. Well he's doing some kind of running motion but more like walking, but looks like he was definitely a runner in the past. He always looks SO happy I love when I pass him and we always exchange greetings and he puts a smile on my face. Maybe I put a smile on his face too ;) Cool guy ;:)

9:58 avg pace
    Easy tomorrow and strides session Wednesday!

Day 18 - no alcohol (I'd love a fecking glass of wine or even a bloody dry sherry would be welcome at this stage!)

Great views of snow-covered Seefin and Seefingan from Chesterfield Ave. today. Had I the time, I would've headed up that way.

Great views of snow-covered Seefin and Seefingan from Chesterfield Ave. today. Had I the time, I would've headed up that way.

Yeah truly stunning vistas. I can see how you'd be tempted by the lure of the mountains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Ran past the fairly old dude I often see running around the park. Well he's doing some kind of running motion but more like walking, but looks like he was definitely a runner in the past. He always looks SO happy I love when I pass him and we always exchange greetings and he puts a smile on my face. Maybe I put a smile on his face too ;) Cool guy ;:)

9:58 avg pace
    Easy tomorrow and strides session Wednesday!

Day 18 - no alcohol (I'd love a fecking glass of wine or even a bloody dry sherry would be welcome at this stage!)

Don't suppose he has a beard by any chance ??

kit3 wrote: »
    Don't suppose he has a beard by any chance ??

No not an obvious one anyways as far as I remember! 80s I'd say and very lean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Sounded like a friend of mine who hit 70 recently but has a very obvious beard :) Great runner in his day, can't run now but walks a lot in the park - the friendly greeting made me think it might be him.

I've had 2 of the most amazing nights of sleep that I've ever had. I must have slept 9 hours on Saturday night and about 10 hours last night and I could have slept for longer.

whoop!

Isn't he someone on this forum's dad ? Or did I imagine that ?

Not sure. I remember seeing him and Harry Gorman and another older gentleman one day last summer out for a walk/jog in their running gear. It would have made a great picture. The 3 of them looked so happy and healthy.
    I rarely see people of that age out running. It's great! Come to think of it, any time I do see older people running, it's always older men, and never older women. Wonder why...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Think it's Bulmers74 himself.... :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement