Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be still my beating heart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Ososlo wrote: »

Glutes nice and tender this morning so delighted about that as it reflects the effort I put in yesterday on the hills :)

Or in non-runner speak, I've a sore arse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

TRR wrote: »
    Or in non-runner speak, I've a sore arse :D

Or in non-runner speak Im delighted cause I have a sore arse! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Thursday 23 January
    4.20 miles at 10:43

Recovery effort to help the sore ass feel better and it worked a treat. Heart rate felt very very low for this which I'm putting down to the effects of the Neurofen Plus I had to take today for some lady pains;) No effort required whatsoever for this one so I just sat back and enjoyed the ride:pac: Felt like I was running on air...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

For future reference.....

TMI

Gavlor wrote: »
    For future reference.....

TMI

My log my rules:p

you should have seen my original post
    :eek:

• Advertisement

My log my rules:p

you should have seen my original post
    :eek:[/QUO
    To right my friend!

Friday 24 January
    4.74 miles at 10:03min/mile with 5 x 20 sec strides

Wow it's warm out there tonight! Shorts and teeshirt weather again!
    Bit of a spacey run this one as still on the painkillers so don't think I'll operate any heavy machinery tonight ;)

Looking forward to a weekend with lots of running and lots of work from home too unfortunately but plenty of time for both:D

2 weeks since a drop of vino has passed these lips! Don't even miss it so much now! 2 week running streak and 2 weeks since I've eaten anything "nice".
    Maca regime starts tomorrow :cool:

Saturday 25 January
    am
    4.67 miles at 10:22 min/mile

Great night's sleep:D 9 hours at least. Fet fan****1ingtastic this morning:D:D
    Kept it nice and easy as longer run tomorrow.

pm
    4 miles at 9:58 min/mile

Very busy day hunched over a drawing desk so getting out for another run was just the ticket to stretch out the body and mind.
    Jealous of those racing Raheny tomorrow but glad in a way I'm not doing it as I'm just not race-ready yet. Going to give it another good few weeks to ensure a really good training block behind me.
    Longer run has been 10 miles the last 2 weeks so might try and stretch that out to 12 tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

You slept 9 hours, well I'm delighted, long May it continue!

SamforMayo wrote: »
    You slept 9 hours, well I'm delighted, long May it continue!

yes and it was wonderful :D and totally unaided! Thanks!

• Advertisement

Sunday 26 January
    10 miles at 10:16min/mile
    A bit caught for time today as late up and very busy day with work so this run was not as long as I hoped and didn't have time to go to Howth as planned. Hopefully next week.
    Anyways, I really enjoyed this despite the wind and hail and ignored the watch and kept the effort very easy. Wanted to challenge myself a little so picked it up for the last 2 miles to 'comfortably harder effort' which turned out to be 9:20 min/mile pace. Not killing myself at all but working a little harder.

Delighted with how my running's going. Body feels great despite the higher mileage so will try to keep it around 40ish miles per week and try not to go too much higher as there's no need really at my level even though I'd like to do a bit more, I don't think it will necessarily help me improve. I think I need to start adding in a tempo run per week along with my hill session and strides. QUALITY not quantity is what I need to keep reminding myself. I'll try and take a rest day this week. Try:) In all honesty though, I don't think running 7 days a week is doing me any harm.
    Weekly total: 42 miles

Monday 27 January
    4.15 miles at 10:46min/mile at recovery effort

Nice little jaunt around the area jogging by feel and ignoring the watch. Happy days:)

Tuesday 28 January
    6 miles at 10:26 min/mile at easy effort

Stuck behind a computer all day today. Head was addled after 8 hours. Don't know how people do that 5 days a week. Fair play to those that do! Neck a bit sore but felt a lot better after this little jog. Hills tomorrow so saving the legs so they're super fresh! Must strap on the hr monitor one of these days to see what % of max I'm really working at for these easy effort runs. Certainly feels easy anyways.
    Taking tomorrow afternoon off so I can do the hills in the phoenix park whist it's still bright. Can't wait:D Need to get out of my comfort zone more often methinks...

Wednesday 29 January
    I min hill sprints x 8
    7 miles total inc w/u and c/d

Back to my beloved Phoenix Park and to The Hill.
    Some reps were a little slower than last week. Putting this down to the sleeping tablet I took last night as even my warm up miles were slower than usual. I know sleeping tablets and running just don't work for me but I was a bit down last night going to bed and knew I wouldn't sleep a wink so needs must!
    I certainly felt I put in the effort anyways but had a little audience for the latter half of the hill workout. A Parkranger just stood there smirking at me and watching me go up and down 4 times. I HATE people watching me when I'm running, especially sleazy men. This really put me off so maybe accounts for the poor rep times too as I couldn't focus with someone watching my ass bound up a hill:rolleyes:
    Lovely little enjoyable cool down of 3 miles as finally I could get away from sleazy bo11ocks :pac:
    Wore by Brooks ST5 for this session which I feel were more suitable for the hills than my usual clumpy Mizunos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Any sign of another 5k coming up for you Ososlo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Duanington wrote: »

You planning on taking up a job as a park ranger or something??!!

yep the plan is to aim for msb St. Pat's weekend 5k. I knocked 3 mins of my time between 2012 & 2013 in that race so have a god feeling about it. I'll have 2.5 months good training under my belt by then so should see good improvements. I hope!!!!

Sorry - its early, I'm lost:confused:

yep the plan is to aim for msb St. Pat's weekend 5k. I knocked 3 mins of my time between 2012 & 2013 in that race so have a god feeling about it. I'll have 2.5 months good training under my belt by then so should see good improvements. I hope!!!!

Good stuff, you seem to be motoring along steadily with the training anyway, keep it up!

Sorry - its early, I'm lost:confused:

don't mind him. His mind works in strange ways ;)

• Advertisement

WAIT - just got it ( it dawned on me at the tea station)! ha ha, slow on the uptake this morning :o:o. No parkrangering for me Gavlor - I'll leave that to the the lads that do it so well !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

This made my day.

I've laughed my wobbling ass off since I saw this, hilarious.

TbL

Thursday 30 January
    5 miles at 11:03min/mile at recovery effort

Rest day today but I've decided I don't like them anymore so will just take them when I feel I really need to from now on. Life's too short not to just do what you wanna do when you wanna to do it!
    Superb night out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

Thursday 30 January
    5 miles at 11:03min/mile at recovery effort

Rest day today but I've decided I don't like them anymore so will just take them when I feel I really need to from now on. Life's too short not to just do what you wanna do when you wanna to do it!
    Superb night out!

:eek::confused::eek::confused:

Stazza wrote: »
    :eek::confused::eek::confused:

:confused:

Friday 31 January
    3.66 miles @ 10:19 min/mile with 5 x 20 sec strides.

Felt tired so started out at recovery effort and picked it up a tiny bit to easier effort. Feeling grand towards the end so threw in a few strides.

January review

The Good:
    164 miles
    29 days running out of 31. Currently on 21 day running streak.
    4 hill sessions
    No injuries or significant niggles (since last February:))
    Good health and good diet with large amounts of green veg. I'd put Popeye to shame with the copious amounts of spinach I consume:D
    No drinking for 25 days in January. Current 20 day dry period may end soon:pac:

The Bad:
    21 days out of 31 with less than 7 hours sleep with many nights of 3 or 4 hours:eek:
    Core work: not doing enough. Must try harder

All in all things going well except for the sleep. If I can get that to some kind of acceptable level and training continues going well then there are no excuses for me to not do a good 5k in March. If I don't knock a big chunk off my pathetic pb by then, then there must be something wrong with me and I'm a freak of nature that no amount of training will improve - and I'll be O So Slow forever:o

Saturday 1 February
    am
    5 miles @ 10:11 min/mile

Really enjoyable laps of local park. Some free strides thrown in courtesy of the wind:D Felt very relaxed and breathing perfect.

pm
    3.11 miles @ 9:47 min/mile

Nice to get out for another little fun run. Running against the wind doesn't trouble me at all like it used to and I don't find I have to work too much harder. 5 strides at the end of this just cause I felt like it.

Started counting my cadence on my last 3 runs. Last night I counted every step for 1 min and it was 180 on almost every count. Today and tonight I counted every right step or every left step for a minute here and there and it was bang on 90 almost every time. From what I've read, that seems ok.

Longer run tomorrow. Hope to have the time to go finally go over the 10 miles.
    Life is good:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Just found your log Ososlo, a great read! I've a feeling this is the year you smash your goal! Great running so far:)

Just found your log Ososlo, a great read! I've a feeling this is the year you smash your goal! Great running so far:)

thanks shortstuff! won't be for the want of trying anyways!

If you're up for a Parkrun some Saturday when you're back in the swing of things give me a shout. Whichever one is handiest for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

thanks shortstuff! won't be for the want of trying anyways!

If you're up for a Parkrun some Saturday when you're back in the swing of things give me a shout. Whichever one is handiest for you.

Will do, I'll get a few runs under my belt 1st & give you a shout then!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement