Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be still my beating heart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Sunday 2 February
    12 mile longer run with a twist!

3 miles w/u @ 10:35 min/mile
    20 mins @ half marathon effort 9:04min/mile
    2 mins recovery 10:19 min/mile
    20 mins @ half marathon effort 9:11min/mile
    5 miles easy @ 10:30 min/mile

A bit tired this morning but still looking forward to this run and to mixing up the lsr a bit. Did all of this without looking at the watch but hit the lap button when I heard the beeps to break up the segments.
    A bit disappointed that the half mara effort was so slow when I looked at it later. I would have hoped for more like 8:50min/mile so I'm either not as good at judging effort as I though I was or I'm not as fit as I think I am. Maybe the wind was a factor but it wasn't too bad really.
    Felt grand after the 20 mins at hm effort and didn't even need the 2 min recovery so that's something I guess. If I had been looking at the watch I could have easily gone a bit faster to hit 8:50minm/mile.
    This is the first longer run that I've gone past 10 miles since DCM. I felt super for almost all of it except for the second last mile when I turned into a stiff breeze and felt very fatigued and would have liked to stop for a walk. I slowed it down and lot and luckily this feeling left me completely on the last mile and I got back the pep in my step and finished feeling good.
    Except for when I got home that is:mad:
    I listen to music on my Samsung phone when running and I shove the phone down my top! I've done this for all of my training for DCM for runs of 20+ miles with no problems. However today, when I removed the phone, I discovered some serious chafing in quite a large area down my front:o This is very very sore and I'm putting it down to the fact that I wore a cheap Aldi running top for this run (haven't worn it for long runs before) and it made me sweat a lot more than usual and the friction of the phone with the sweat caused a bit of an issue! Wearing underwear is going to be a bit of a challenge for the next few days:eek::eek::eek:

Weekly total: 46 miles
    Will try and step back a bit this week with the miles. Still off the wine even though it's been in the house for the past 2 days. I don't really feel like it! NEVER thought I'd hear myself say that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Oh god the chafing does not sound pretty, you poor thing! Great running though, I'm jealous! Be awhile before I'm back running 10mile:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

between yourself and AMK the logs have gotten pretty graphic of late :pac:

statss wrote: »
    between yourself and AMK the logs have gotten pretty graphic of late :pac:

Meanwhile the rest of yiz are just suffering in silence. Let it all out:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Bodyglide for you this week. Industrial strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Ososlo wrote: »
    Meanwhile the rest of yiz are just suffering in silence. Let it all out:D

Believe me, nobody wants to know about my chafing issues and the ones that want to know about your chafing issues, you probably don't want knowing about your chafing issues:p. A lot of them have jobs as park rangers;).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Well done on all the miles. Its funny the only top that never caused chaffing for me was an Aldi top, very sore problem:(

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Well done on all the miles. Its funny the only top that never caused chaffing for me was an Aldi top, very sore problem:(

Yes it is... Ouch:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I'm not chafed (lucky me!) but after a falling and sliding downhill incident I'm pretty scraped and grazed, and I find this really good:

http://www.laroche-posay.com/products-treatments/Cicaplast/CICAPLAST-BAUME-B5-p5636.aspx

they sell it in Lloyds Pharmacys.

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I'm not chafed (lucky me!) but after a falling and sliding downhill incident I'm pretty scraped and grazed, and I find this really good:

http://www.laroche-posay.com/products-treatments/Cicaplast/CICAPLAST-BAUME-B5-p5636.aspx

they sell it in Lloyds Pharmacys.

looks like the business alright! Thanks a mill!

• Advertisement

Monday 3 January
    4.31 miles at recovery effort 10:55min/mile

Nice night. Bandaged up the chest :o and headed off. It slowed me down I tells ya! Might have gone a little further but need to let things settle if you know what I mean.
    24 day running streak and alcohol abstinence continues...

Monday 3 January
    4.31 miles at recovery effort 10:55min/mile

Nice night. Bandaged up the chest :o and headed off. It slowed me down I tells ya! Might have gone a little further but need to let things settle if you know what I mean.
    24 day running streak and alcohol abstinence continues...

Jes Id say you were a picture out running all bandaged:eek: Has the lack of alcohol lead to weight loss? Might consider it for lent if it has!

Jes Id say you were a picture out running all bandaged:eek: Has the lack of alcohol lead to weight loss? Might consider it for lent if it has!

:D
    It's not the chafing itself really, but the location that's the problem:o Hard to let it heal.. complicated......

Yep the weight is coming down nicely. Was around 9 stone over xmas but down to about 8.10 now and going down all the time. Defo due giving up the alcohol and the miles building up. Not starving myself or anything, just healthier intake in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

It's not the chafing itself really, but the location that's the problem:o Hard to let it heal.. complicated......

If you need vaseline..........

If you need vaseline..........

I'll pass thanks very much:eek:

Yep the weight is coming down nicely. Was around 9 stone over xmas but down to about 8.10 now and going down all the time. Defo due giving up the alcohol and the miles building up. Not starving myself or anything, just healthier intake in general.
    Feck it I was hoping you would say no so I would have a good excuse not to give it up. Seriously you are doing great though!

Feck it I was hoping you would say no so I would have a good excuse not to give it up. Seriously you are doing great though!

It was very hard in the beginning as I'm just so used to having a few glasses most nights and always have a reason, whether it was to celebrate, to relax, to get over a stressful day, whatever. I always found a good reason! It was all just habit. I'm out of the habit now which is great and I can take it or leave it. I don't want to turn into a total dry sh1ght so will still have the odd night out on the town to let my hair down but I want it to be a rare treat rather than an everyday habit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/PhysioRoom-Kinesiology-Tape-Black-/200810562576?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&var=&hash=item2ec13e0410 . Constantly have the places the chaff covered. I put it on once a week. Looks like I am into bondage if I am topless though :)

rom wrote: »
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/PhysioRoom-Kinesiology-Tape-Black-/200810562576?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&var=&hash=item2ec13e0410 . Constantly have the places the chaff covered. I put it on once a week. Looks like I am into bondage if I am topless though :)

:eek: I'll have no bondage talk on this log!
    Unless accompanied by pics :P
    We'll have to get the mods to put a parental lock on this log if it continues in this vein!

Tuesday 4 February
    5.41 miles at easy effort 10:18 min/mile

Definitely a night for the waterproof mascara;)
    Was well and truly slapped about by the elements but thoroughly enjoyed it. Something very pure and raw about being out there on a night like tonight and it reminded me about why I run. I enjoyed this so much, battling with the wind or getting blown about it. Part steeple-chase into the puddles, part hurdle trying to avoid the puddles, this was good for the soul. God I do go on :rolleyes:
    Tomorrow is a work from home day off so I get to run twice! Yay:D Easy in the morning and session in the evening... I think. We'll see. Looking forward to it already.

• Advertisement

did you remove the standard mascara before applying the waterproof stuff to go running ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

How in the name of Jaysis did you run in that!? :)

PaulieC wrote: »
    did you remove the standard mascara before applying the waterproof stuff to go running ? :D

Very valid question! Well, no I didn't but I definitely should have:D Some state when I got home.

You're very interested in the topic PaulieC. Need a little eye definition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Tuesday 4 February
    5.41 miles at easy effort 10:18 min/mile

Definitely a night for the waterproof mascara;)
    Was well and truly slapped about by the elements but thoroughly enjoyed it. Something very pure and raw about being out there on a night like tonight and it reminded me about why I run. I enjoyed this so much, battling with the wind or getting blown about it. Part steeple-chase into the puddles, part hurdle trying to avoid the puddles, this was good for the soul. God I do go on :rolleyes:
    Tomorrow is a work from home day off so I get to run twice! Yay:D Easy in the morning and session in the evening... I think. We'll see. Looking forward to it already.

Couldn't agree more. Had a great run last night. Best training run of the year so far. Useless for training but great for the soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Beef wrote: »
    How in the name of Jaysis did you run in that!? :)

Just do it.
    Once you're wet you're not worried about getting wet anymore and you have to keep moving just to stay in any way warm. Not the weather to atempt any kind of session in though...

Very valid question! Well, no I didn't but I definitely should have:D Some state when I got home.

You're very interested in the topic PaulieC. Need a little eye definition?

:D Possibly. I am more interested in why women wear makeup to run though. I saw a girl during the Marathon Series HM and she was plastered and it was so hot that sweat was making it streaky.
    Are yiz not lovely enough without having to resort to using make up, what with your fitness and clean living ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

menoscemo wrote: »
    Just do it.
    Once you're wet you're not worried about getting wet anymore and you have to keep moving just to stay in any way warm. Not the weather to atempt any kind of session in though...

It's not the rain or wet that would bother me, it's the 60mph gusts that could blow you onto the road...

PaulieC wrote: »
    :D Possibly. I am more interested in why women wear makeup to run though. I saw a girl during the Marathon Series HM and she was plastered and it was so hot that sweat was making it streaky.
    Are yiz not lovely enough without having to resort to using make up, what with your fitness and clean living ?

Yeah I don't understand why someone would be plastered. It just looks silly and can't be comfortable to run in.
    I dunno, it's hard to explain. I guess I always wear a bit in everyday life so when running in public I feel more confident with a touch of it and honestly believe/know I look better with it on. When I believe I look good I feel more confident in everything I do and that includes running.
    Jesus where's this log going at all!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be so embarrassed if I meet any of you again!!!!!! I'll need extra make-up to hide the blushes:D
    Now back to running please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Yeah I don't understand why someone would be plastered. It just looks silly and can't be comfortable to run in.
    I dunno, it's hard to explain. I guess I always wear a bit in everyday life so when running in public I feel more confident with a touch of it and honestly believe/know I look better with it on. When I believe I look good I feel more confident in everything I do and that includes running.
    Jesus where's this log going at all!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be so embarrassed if I meet any of you again!!!!!! I'll need extra make-up to hide the blushes:D
    Now back to running please!

you do realize that;

(1) you don't have to answer
    (2) you don't have to answer in detail
    (3) You can lie :pac:

• Advertisement

it's the internet. you do have to answer with the truth. Otherwise how could anything be trusted ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement