Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec alarm not setting

Options
  • 31-12-2013 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,
    Hoping someone can help. I have an astec 63dv alarm fitted in the house. Today my youngest pulled on a roller blind which knocked a sensor off the upstairs window. Alarm went off registering a tamper – alarm wasn’t on at time. I replaced the sensor and checked if the zone was still functioning which it is. However the alarm won’t set now. When I enter the code to set it ‘SET’ flashes a few times and then nothing. Also a Full set won’t work either. The only service display is 77 call engineer which has been displaying for a couple of months now. Is there something obvious I’m doing wrong or need to do??
    Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have seen this before on Astec. It may be a tamper reset but it's displaying 77 not 76.
    PM me who installed it and I'll see can I get the engineer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gdd

KoolKid wrote: »
    I have seen this before on Astec. It may be a tamper reset but it's displaying 77 not 76.
    PM me who installed it and I'll see can I get the engineer code.

Cheers Koolkid, pm sent!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Press clear and enter the code I sent you.
    If 00 displays press clear 11 to see if anything shows open. If all is good press clear 51. Yes will display on the screen. Press SET and when the display shows NO press SET again.
    After that press clear 99 and display will revert back to the time.
    Now press CLEAR SET FULL and the alarm will set OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gdd

KoolKid wrote: »
    Press clear and enter the code I sent you.
    If 00 displays press clear 11 to see if anything shows open. If all is good press clear 51. Yes will display on the screen. Press SET and when the display shows NO press SET again.
    After that press clear 99 and display will revert back to the time.
    Now press CLEAR SET FULL and the alarm will set OK.

Thanks mate, that's sorted the problem!! Really appreciate your help!

No problem, glad you got it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 edandsam

hi could i possibly have a copy of the manual for the astec 63 i need to replace the battery and want to do it myself with the help of the manual hopefully thanks

PMed you that manual. I hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Busarus

Hi
    I'm without a house alarm for the past week - the alarm panel is lit the whole time and showing all buttons as orange. The alarm wasn't set and started sounding and continued to go off over a three hour period. I have the engineers code so I entered that and since there I cant set the alarm - when I enter the code it shows all zones 1-6 as tamper. The top of the display panel shows 00 engineer - I don't have a User manual

Anyone able to help me please

In engineer press clear 11 and tell me what displays.

Hi Koolkid

It shows Zone 1 Tamper EOL and same thru to Zone 6 Tamper EOL

• Advertisement

Doesn't sound good. Power it down completely and power back up.
    Also is there a dialler connected on that panel?

Blonde question - how do I power it down? By disconnecting battery or switching off at fuse board - its not connected to a phone line if that's what dialler means

Turn off the mains power & remove the battery link. Its to the top right of the panel just above the bell terminals.

Advertisement