Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female GP in Limerick

• 31-12-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a recommendations of a good female doc in Limerick (I know this has been asked many times before, but doctors seem to relocate or go on maternity leave so much, it's hard to keep track :)).

My friend advised me to go to Dr Dineen in the Castetroy medical centre, but when I rang them for an appointment, they said she left 6 months ago. (Perhaps she has a practice elsewhere in Limk.....?)

Not to be overly fussy, but I'm looking for a doc who is young, reliable and has a good manner (as my last doc was not so commendable and it is my reason for moving).

I know the Castletroy med centre have a few other female docs - has anyone had experience with them? I study in UL, so this side of Limerick suits me location wise. But I will definitely travel if the doc comes highly recommended.

Happy New Year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Maybe Pm the OP in this thread http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057113423/1/#post88226383

He's seems to have the polar opposite requirement to you but in the exact same area. Strange coincidence that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Ha! I actually didn't see that, might get onto him. I just thought, new year, new doctor - it's actually something I have been meaning to get onto for a while now but kept putting it off. Would love to hear recommendations from others on here.

Cheers
    STeapot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Dr Dineen is now in No.8 Clinic on Shannon St in the city centre. Basically its next to The George Boutique Hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

i no u said female doctor but im a patient of dr kiely in annocoty and i find him brill his so easy to talk to and gives you time to explain whats wrong with you and he listens as well..i wouldnt be one to open up to anyone but his such a nice person its hard not too best of luck :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

OP, I usually go to Dr JP Donohoe in Dooradoyle Medical Centre and I find him very good. Last time I was there, he was unavailable and I ended up seeing Dr Aisling Wallace instead. She was absolutely lovely, very helpful and definitely willing to listen. I'd have no problem seeing her again and would definitely recommend her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 LauraK85

There's also Dr Alison English. She has a place in town just up from the GPO. She also has a place across from the parkway on the Dublin Road.

She's very nice and approachable. She's also young. If you're making an appointment, make sure to specify it's her you want to see. Her father is also a doctor at the same practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

Jofspring wrote: »
    Dr Dineen is now in No.8 Clinic on Shannon St in the city centre. Basically its next to The George Boutique Hotel.

This, and I highly recommend her. She struck me as quite bright and a good diagnostician, without losing bedside manner.

Advertisement