Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 8 keeps telling me I'm installing...

• 31-12-2013 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

I tried to log onto SKYPE but it would not work, the circle just kept spinning so I decided to uninstall it and then re-install it.

However, windows 8 keeps saying it can't do this because something is already installing. This has been going on for two days now.

I tried to manually disable the windows installer but there was no option to do this on windows 8.

Can someone please help me figure this out? I can't see anything that is currently installing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

you might try downloading the free version of revo uninstaller and seeing if there's anything you don't need installed and just doing a clear out. Secondly try CCleaner and do a registry clean and try installing skype again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,677 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I can't see anything that is currently installing.

You did reboot your PC to see if this sorted your issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

I figured out what to do, I can't remember now - I think I found the windows installer and undid it. It seems to be ok now. Thank you much.

Advertisement