Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place in Galway to get a tattoo?

Options
  • 31-12-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Do you know a good, confident tattoo artist in Galway? I'm sorry if this already exists.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Stephen and Nancy are really nice and very experienced Tattooists in town, on Dominick Street
    Galway Bay Tattoo (091) 528 897

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BelgradeGirl

Thank you very much for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭inisboffin

The lads are good in AWOL - opposite Sally Longs too.
    Go in and chat to a couple of places, see who's work you like best.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It depends on what you want done. I use Metalworks.
    Go to several shops with your design and ask to see similar work done previously (they always takes photos of their work).
    It's not the shop that matters so much as the artist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

AWOL would be my choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Really depends on the style of tattoo. Traditional stuff go to AWOL, portraits or black and grey to Steve in Galway bay. Monique and Nancy for girly stuff. Inkfingers in general are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BelgradeGirl

Yeah well this is what i want. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=7E9CD5FEF6027B57!1469&authkey=!AB3TiIgmNNw_2mk&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpeg
    So, i soppose i should check out the shop at Galway bay, right?

Yeah Steve does a lot of black and white stuff and animal kinda portraits so yeah it'd be him I'd go to first personally.

532448_318506444870962_1519708226_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

biko wrote: »
    It depends on what you want done. I use Metalworks.
    Go to several shops with your design and ask to see similar work done previously (they always takes photos of their work).
    It's not the shop that matters so much as the artist.

Do you mean G's? Metalworks closed down a few years ago. G's is in that premises now.

As others have said Steve is the best for portrait work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread but I think I'm finally about to take the plunge and get my first and as I'm in Galway these days I've decided to go with one of the artists here. Has anyone got anything done by Damon Allen in Inkfingers? Can't find much on him here but had a look at his portfolio on FB. Also considering Sean Ricketts and Gordon from G's. I'm desperately uncreative and I'm not even sure what I'm looking for so I'm looking for someone who has the patience for annoying fools like me and who can come up with a design from what little ideas I do have. I'm leaning towards some sort of black and grey skull design with a slight touch of pink on a flower with the option of expanding it into a half-sleeve down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Cocolola wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread but I think I'm finally about to take the plunge and get my first and as I'm in Galway these days I've decided to go with one of the artists here. Has anyone got anything done by Damon Allen in Inkfingers? Can't find much on him here but had a look at his portfolio on FB. Also considering Sean Ricketts and Gordon from G's. I'm desperately uncreative and I'm not even sure what I'm looking for so I'm looking for someone who has the patience for annoying fools like me and who can come up with a design from what little ideas I do have. I'm leaning towards some sort of black and grey skull design with a slight touch of pink on a flower with the option of expanding it into a half-sleeve down the line.

I got my last one done by a man in Inkfingers who I was calling Damien the whole time, knowing my luck it was Damon :o It was a black and grey piece, happy with the work, lovely fella and spent a lot of time talking through it with me, going over a few different ideas and giving me input, would have no bother recommending him.

And does anybody have any particular artists in Galway Bay Tattoo they'd recommend? I got a voucher for there for christmas. No colour work involved, but the design I have in mind would have some fairly intricate lines.

And does anybody have any particular artists in Galway Bay Tattoo they'd recommend? I got a voucher for there for christmas. No colour work involved, but the design I have in mind would have some fairly intricate lines.

Steve for black and grey stuff. They've gotten some new artists in working or guesting over the last couple of months so they're worth looking at too I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blaizeofglory

Hi there. I was wondering where'd be best for getting a simple (sort of) geometric tattoo? or would it really matter at all? This would be my first tattoo SymbolKey-150dpi.gif

It's just those triangles basically. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

+1 for Sean in Inkfingers, did this for me a few years back.

image_zpsf2d15279.jpg

There's 2 places in particular I would avoid based on first hand experience and also from an experience a friend had, but not sure I can mention that on here. Steven in Galway bay is great, and I've heard nothing but praise for Victor tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 missymunchkin

Damon did my piece on my thigh and has since done a couple of my friends. Hes very good and is absolutely sound. I had two sessions with him and travelled to Galway from Dublin so he could finish my piece. Love his style!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Ya just to update I went with Damon and found him brilliant. He was sound about me completely changing the design and location after I'd already booked in and drew me up exactly what I was looking for, I'm delighted with how it turned out :) Definitely recommend him. The pics are in the ISYM thread here if you wanna have a looksee.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 missymunchkin

its lovely, im a big fan of Damons work. Hes a lovely chap and takes his work seriously but I love that he can come up with ideas with a twist :)

glad your happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

Judging from mates' tattoos and the general goss from around town AWOL definitely seem to be the place! Sound lads there too, professional and up for a bit of craic. I got most my piercings there :)

Advertisement