Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sharing music between android devices

• 31-12-2013 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Whats the best and essiest way to allow sharing of music between phone and tablet.

I currently use iTunes to download music on PC. I then use iSyncr to transfer to my Galaxy S3.

What id like is that when I download to phone it auto syns the music to the tablet or vice versa.

Need anymore info.....just ask. Does google have like a cloud app that I can use etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Google Music is their cloud app.
    Allows you to upload 20,000 songs and has an all-access subscription

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Google Music is their cloud app.
    Allows you to upload 20,000 songs and has an all-access subscription

How would I go about adding/syncing all the songs I already have in music player with that. Looks like what you have suggested will do me instead of iTunes for downloading.

Thanks

How would I go about adding/syncing all the songs I already have in music player with that. Looks like what you have suggested will do me instead of iTunes for downloading.

Thanks
    You download the Music Manager application from it, point that to the folder you keep your music in and it uploads them all. Theyre then available through the app on your phone/tablet and through the web interface too

You download the Music Manager application from it, point that to the folder you keep your music in and it uploads them all. Theyre then available through the app on your phone/tablet and through the web interface too

so do I need to download music manager to the pc or onto the phone or whats best.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

so do I need to download music manager to the pc or onto the phone or whats best.

Thanks again

You download it to your PC, it uploads your music to the cloud and they instantly become available on your Android devices in Google Play Music. You can then pin songs or albums to the Android devices, they download to the device for offline use (do this on Wifi). Google Play Music also automatically caches the last 100 songs you play so they are saved local if you want to play them again.

As they are in the cloud you can login to your Google account using any browser and play/download them from there on any platform, Mac, Windows and linux. You can even download your music collection on someone elses PC ;)

• Advertisement

You download it to your PC, it uploads your music to the cloud and they instantly become available on your Android devices in Google Play Music. You can then pin songs or albums to the Android devices, they download to the device for offline use (do this on Wifi). Google Play Music also automatically caches the last 100 songs you play so they are saved local if you want to play them again.

As they are in the cloud you can login to your Google account using any browser and play/download them from there on any platform, Mac, Windows and linux. You can even download your music collection on someone elses PC ;)

Cheers,

Just got to grips with it there now. Was just about to ask about offline but you've answered it for me.

Thanks alot.....happy new year

Apologies,

How do I pin a song. Thought I saw an icon earlier but cannot now.

Not sure if you can pin individual songs or only albums and playlists.
    Probably easier to add it to a playlist and pin that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Apologies,

Add it to a playlist, an album is automatically a playlist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Apologies,

Coincidentally I was playing around with Google music for the first time tonight.

Found this.....

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help. Job sorted!

Thanks for all the help. Job sorted!

Advertisement