Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Controller alternative

Options
  • 31-12-2013 6:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    My parents have a flash analogue controller for their oil central heating. I replaced one like for like less than two years ago because the one they had for the previous ten years went, which was great service I know but now the one that is less than two years old has stopped working.
    The analogue clock basically stopped ticking so they can't time their heating anymore.
    They are afraid that if they get the same one again it also won't last.
    Im just wondering if anyone out there has any experience in replacing this model with a more trustworthy alternative.
    For anyone who isn't sure of the type I'm speaking of I have included a picture.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I always liked the Siemens RWB7 time clock.
    This is a digital time clock that is ideal for central heating systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

is there a wire link between L and 2 on your timer?

i can't tell from the picture

if there is, any of the mechanical or digital timers will do

if not you'll need another timer with a volt-free contact like the one you have

just make sure you have a means of isolating(switching off power beside) the boiler besides a digital timer..if you decide to fit one

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

if not you'll need another timer with a volt-free contact like the one you have

The Siemens RWB7 can do this as it can switch a dry contact, so either way it will suit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Thanks guys gonna try to pick up the Siemens somewhere today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I'm in Cork and neither Kellihers, ob heating or heat merchants stock Siemens so I was looking online and I can't find the rwb7 but the rwb27 And rwb29 keep popping up.
    Would you know if any of these will do what I require?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

Siemens clocks are distributed by Flacktwoods in tallaght, i'm fairly sure they are trade only but could advise you of your nearest supplier.

The Siemens time clock was just an example.
    Hortsmann make a similar digital time clock that is also very good quality.

Advertisement