Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees 2014

Options
  • 31-12-2013 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Dear Boards.ie members,

I heard that the basic fees for university in 2014 are set to rise. When I use the term 'basic fees' I don't mean the fees including the tuition fees; I mean the basic amount. This year this amount lay somewhere in the domain of €2,500. Does anyone know what this fee will be next year?

Kind regards,

EarlGreyTeaHot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

They'll be raised by €250 a year until they reach €3,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Dear Boards.ie members,

I heard that the basic fees for university in 2014 are set to rise. When I use the term 'basic fees' I don't mean the fees including the tuition fees; I mean the basic amount. This year this amount lay somewhere in the domain of €2,500. Does anyone know what this fee will be next year?

Kind regards,

EarlGreyTeaHot

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/fees.html
    Most colleges charge an annual student contribution, formerly called the student services charge. It is also known as a registration fee and it covers student services and examinations. The amount of the contribution varies from one institution to another. The maximum rate of the student contribution for the academic year 2013-2014 is €2,500.

Budget 2013: It was announced that the student contribution will be €2,750 in 2014-2015 and €3,000 in 2015-2016.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement