Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ink in kerry

Options
  • 31-12-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

can you lovely people please recommend a top notch tattoo artist or shop in kerry/ limerick or cork....happy new year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Kerry - Metal Urges (Tralee) & Pachamama (Killarney)
    Limerick - All-Star
    Cork - SmileyDogg or Dave Barry for nice dotwork

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭SEVERA

if you lived on the same street as them all which door would you open.....thinking of getting some old Gaelic design maybe...whats dot work ?

SEVERA wrote: »
    if you lived on the same street as them all which door would you open

Each studio I mentioned would have very different styles, it's all down to personal taste and what design you were after.

Here's Dave's portfolio, dotwork. He'd knock out some very nice Celtic designs - https://www.facebook.com/david.barry.3386/media_set?set=a.384024148334301.88315.100001801567830&type=3

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭SEVERA

thanks ,I see very intricate stuff there alright. I think I know what now . Its an Irish harp in gold coloring with Erin go brach in black maybe old Gaelic lettering surrounded with a garland of shamrocks in green, but I need to find an image a very finely detailed harp with the maid of Erin head on it...any ideas about where this type of image would be ?

Honestly Google is your best bet. Find some references you like and want to incorporate in to your tattoo head in to your chosen artist and explain what it is exactly you are after. They will be able to tell you what will work together/as a tattoo and you can go from there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

SEVERA wrote: »
    thanks ,I see very intricate stuff there alright. I think I know what now . Its an Irish harp in gold coloring with Erin go brach in black maybe old Gaelic lettering surrounded with a garland of shamrocks in green, but I need to find an image a very finely detailed harp with the maid of Erin head on it...any ideas about where this type of image would be ?

If your ever in listowel, there's a bar called the maid of erin with a statue of what your describing over the front of the building. It might give you a few ideas.

I'm sure google would pop a few pics up!

Advertisement