Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making New Friends - Ideas & Advice

Options
  • 31-12-2013 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi guys,

This might seem like a strange one - but as one half of a couple living in Greystones in our mid to late twenties I am finding it difficult to meet new people and hopefully make new friends. A lot of our school/college/childhood friends have moved away, settled down, etc.

Any advice on good clubs or groups to join? I already do yoga and am looking at joining a book club too! But these are not things we do as a couple. We both love Greystones and are big foodies! Wondering if there is something as brilliant as a Restaurant Appreciation Group or something along those delicious lines? :):)

We were thinking something like a Foodie/Cooking Club would be brilliant, where perhaps members meet once a month, all bringing food/dish and there was a tasting/discussion! Each month could have a theme - cakes, curries, bread and so on!

Maybe there is something similar out there already? If so I would love to hear about it and join in! Any advice to suggestions are welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Here's something that might be of interest

www.meetup.com/Wicklow-Social-Meetup-Group/?oc=gvam

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

Mrs Rs have a ladies book club last Wednesday of every month. If you like their FB page they have posts / updates on it! It's good fun

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Would you join a sports club / team that both of you can get involved with.
    I joined a roller derby team 2 years ago and have met some amazing friends thought that

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Carmeii

The East Coast Cyclones are having a roller derby bout this sunday in Shorline in Greystones! 2 Games! First whistle at 1pm- come along! Its a great way to meet new people and see what roller derby is all about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Oleta

You might be interested in The Film Appreciation of Greystones Society.

I'm sure there is a Facebook page otherwise phone 087 2848684 for upcoming events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

You could take up gambling. Women love gambling.

Advertisement