Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leather furniture repair.

Options
  • 31-12-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if someone knows anyone that does this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Most upholsterers should. I can't post numbers here but there's someone in Ballyglunin I could give you a contact for.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SucCes09

Can you pm me the guy in Ballyglunin? Living there myself and in dire need of work on my couch!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Greaney wrote: »
    Most upholsterers should. I can't post numbers here but there's someone in Ballyglunin I could give you a contact for.

Thanks but I'm in Woodford so was hoping to find someone a bit closer if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Just to give folks the heads up... I got quotes four years ago of about €1000, €1200, labour only, for a three piece suite (small). It's about a weeks work for an upholsterer. It's skilled work so it doesn't bare any resemblance to the pay or quality of cheap modern sofas made in Turkey (wages of €60 per week??).

The reason I'm saying this was I was embarrassed by someone who I gave an upholsters number to. They got a great quote (over 30% cheaper than others) but they were so 'shocked' at the price they gave out to the upholster and I had to explain the actual market price to them. I was sorry my upholsterer got an ear full.

Advertisement