Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap flights to vegas?

Options
  • 31-12-2013 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any insight into when is the best time/place to book flights to vegas ? (Going early June). Was going to book over the christmas but have been holding out until January in the hopes of getting a deal . Am I dreaming ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I don't know when is the best time to book to get a cheap flight to Vegas.
    I have used www.kayak.co.uk to look up/book flights in the past.

If you go into kayak.co.uk on the top of the page click flights and then on the top right were you see GBP£ click on this to change country & to change to euro.
    I had a quick look at prices for the following dates Fly out Sun 1 June & back Fri 6th June.
    Fly dub - manchester then manchester to vegas on Sunday 1st June
    Return on Fri 6th June - las vegas - to london gatwick then to Dublin for €608 with Aer Lingus/Virgin

I then looked up the following dates Thursday 5 June flying out & back on Thur 12 June.
    fly Air France Dub to Jfk then Jfk to Vegas with delta
    Back on Thur 12 June Vegas to jfk - Jfk to Dublin for €533.

It might also be worth looking up http://www.americanholidays.com for flights/hotel.

I looked up hotels on trivago.ie and they are cheaper during the week than at the weekend.
    For hotels I would also look at hotels.com, travelrepublic.ie and booking.com.
    If looking at booking.com remember to add the room tax cost to the room rate.
    If you want a cheap good guide book have a look at the DK Eyewitness Top Ten Las Vegas for sale on Amazon at the moment for £5.75 stg.

One time I was going to the Usa and by looking up on more than one website for hotels I saved myself €200 on the cost of the room from one website to another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

To be honest...you are dreaming. However cheap you get it, eventually you could find a flight that's cheaper.

Pick a price that you're happy paying and pay it. I got back to Ireland for $800 with 2 days notice last year, if I tried to do the same thing now, it would be 1500.

Honestly, anything under under 1000Euro is pretty good going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I flew from Vegas to dublin and back with US airways for $750 earlier this month. It's a no frills airline so don't expect much but it gets you from a to b and if price is your main concern then it's a great deal if you can get them that cheap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭Banneret

I don't know, but I wish you the best in vegas and have a good time.

good time for you soon to come, you will amazing, it will be a epxerience for you, you will be loving it all.

I magical to you a good way and wish you all the best on your flight to vegas,

bye good night
    love you to bitsl OK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Big thanks to all that posted , some good info in there . Im looking on sky scanner and its € 547 return (leave 1st june return 9th )so I guess thats a good price . Might just bite the bullet and go for it. Ill get the whole lot staying in the MGM for about € 1600 for two people. I guess thats pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Not sure whether you've been to Vegas before,but in my opinion whilst 3-5 days is enjoyable any longer can be tiresome. I'd consider splitting the trip with a couple of days in either San Fran or New York (depending on connecting flights). It'd also help avoid the more expensive hotel rates for Vegas on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Not sure whether you've been to Vegas before,but in my opinion whilst 3-5 days is enjoyable any longer can be tiresome. I'd consider splitting the trip with a couple of days in either San Fran or New York (depending on connecting flights). It'd also help avoid the more expensive hotel rates for Vegas on weekends.

Yeah splitting it might be an idea. I have been before and loved it. I think too many people go and just walk up and down the strip or drink and gamble. Last time I went I had googled all the best things to see and do , managed to get most in and had an amazing time . Its the entertainment capital of the world after all. But yeah never been to NY so that might be a good addition to the trip thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

dor843088 wrote: »
    Yeah splitting it might be an idea. I have been before and loved it. I think too many people go and just walk up and down the strip or drink and gamble. Last time I went I had googled all the best things to see and do , managed to get most in and had an amazing time . Its the entertainment capital of the world after all. But yeah never been to NY so that might be a good addition to the trip thanks.

The Grand Canyon is only a few hours away, it's breathtaking. SF is worth 2 or 3 days on that sort of trip. I would recommend staying on the west coast, too many time zone changes in such a short time can sap you

Advertisement