Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Successful DVD copying software, Windows 7

Options
  • 31-12-2013 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭

The title is fairly explanatory, kids DVD player is a wreck and now has a tablet so want to get the DVDs over to the tablet.

I've tried Handbrake but that doesn't see all the titles so can't get the full video in some cases.

DVD Shrink is flagged as malicious by windows and if ignored tries to install a pile of crap all over the place.

Clone DVD can see the chapters Handbrake doesn't but flags them as encrypted so doesn't try copy.

DVD Fab, not having much luck with the trail version either, even though it says it decrypts, it's telling me the DVD is encrypted and stops.

At this rate it's easier to go try find illegal copies of the DVDs out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

I use PowerISO and never have any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

few more

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html can do it

http://makemkv.com/ but you'll have to compress them afterwards i think

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Found DVD Santa to be good,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cheers all, I eventually got DVD Shrink to work, DVD Fab had to also be running in the background but the converted file was unwatchable, all blocky and stuff.

So tried DVD fab again, needed to make a copy on to the laptop and then convert in a separate process, only issue with the trial version is that there's a watermark displayed, I'd normally buy the retail to get rid of it but I've only a finite amount of DVDs to convert and will probably never buy another again.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Cheers all, I eventually got DVD Shrink to work, DVD Fab had to also be running in the background but the converted file was unwatchable, all blocky and stuff.

So tried DVD fab again, needed to make a copy on to the laptop and then convert in a separate process, only issue with the trial version is that there's a watermark displayed, I'd normally buy the retail to get rid of it but I've only a finite amount of DVDs to convert and will probably never buy another again.

Hi did this work for you with Disney DVDs I'm trying to put a few on a tablet as well and no luck tried DVD shrink but from what I can find out on Google Disney ones seem hard to get by the copy protection .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

huntsman77 wrote: »
    Hi did this work for you with Disney DVDs I'm trying to put a few on a tablet as well and no luck tried DVD shrink but from what I can find out on Google Disney ones seem hard to get by the copy protection .

DVDFab Decrypter should decrypt the DVD and copy the DVDs contents onto your hard disk (make sure to keep DVDFab Decrypter updated). You can then use whatever else, handbrake etc. to convert the DVD Folder on your hard disk for your tablet

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

yoyo wrote: »
    DVDFab Decrypter should decrypt the DVD and copy the DVDs contents onto your hard disk (make sure to keep DVDFab Decrypter updated). You can then use whatever else, handbrake etc. to convert the DVD Folder on your hard disk for your tablet

Nick

Thanks for the reply I'll give that a go see how it goes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

huntsman77 wrote: »

I didn't try any Disney ones yet. It took me ages to get her favourite one into a viewable digital format so it got late and I got fed up.

Advertisement