Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League anyone?

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Posada wrote: »
    What is the advantage of making the leagues H2H?

I've never really understood that tbh.

It brings an added excitement to the equation and increased opportunity for the forum to integrate. That was my hope for it anyway. I can see why some would prefer the classic leagues and there'll still be a boards one of those.

Do you want me to take you off the list? I don't mean that in a threatening way, rather a maybe you should save the spot for someone more into it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

So has anyone else tried to get a few sponsorship prizes for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

CSF wrote: »
    It brings an added excitement to the equation and increased opportunity for the forum to integrate. That was my hope for it anyway. I can see why some would prefer the classic leagues and there'll still be a boards one of those.

Do you want me to take you off the list? I don't mean that in a threatening way, rather a maybe you should save the spot for someone more into it?

Jaysus no, :eek: I was just wondering is all! Maybe I didn't express it very well. I agree that it will be a little bit different and I'm all for that after playing the game since the 2006/07 season.

I have a five year plan for world (FSA world) dominance. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Iago wrote: »
    Would a solution (and maybe it wouldn't) be to have league 5 open so that it can have unlimited teams. It would still be 3 up/3 down but would remove some of the management out of it.

Post the league code before the season and close it to new entrants before KO on day 1, whoever is in for the season then has a chance to be promoted to the 4th tier.

A head to head league can only have twenty teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I agree there has to be limit somewhere. 80-100 players is more than enough.
    I do feel sorry for regular posters who missed the sign-up process. There are, however, some names that didn't show up on the forum until the league was created so I am pretty sure there will be extra spots available for the regulars next season.

And finally - when it comes to prizes I don't mind if CSF (or someone else with as good reputation as him) creates a paypal or something for voluntary donations. Not an entry fee, but if some of us feel they can contribute 1, 2 or 5 euros to make it more interesting, why not?

Bear in mind I lost my only money league by 1 point after listening to all of youmad.png
    I would put a fiver anyway for a League 2 winner - selfish me:D

wonski wrote: »
    I agree there has to be limit somewhere. 80-100 players is more than enough.
    I do feel sorry for regular posters who missed the sign-up process. There are, however, some names that didn't show up on the forum until the league was created so I am pretty sure there will be extra spots available for the regulars next season.

And finally - when it comes to prizes I don't mind if CSF (or someone else with as good reputation as him) creates a paypal or something for voluntary donations. Not an entry fee, but if some of us feel they can contribute 1, 2 or 5 euros to make it more interesting, why not?

Bear in mind I lost my only money league by 1 point after listening to all of youmad.png
    I would put a fiver anyway for a League 2 winner - selfish me:D

that WILL be me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Liamalone wrote: »
    H2H leagues are limited to 20 by default?
    Lemlin wrote: »
    A head to head league can only have twenty teams.

Yeah, don't mind me, I'm an idiot :)

However......

Maybe league 5 isn't H2H and it's that league that offers promotion to the H2H legaues....

Iago wrote: »
    Yeah, don't mind me, I'm an idiot :)

However......

Maybe league 5 isn't H2H and it's that league that offers promotion to the H2H legaues....

That will exist, along with League 5. The top 3 point scorers in that league will take their place in League 5 for 15/16.

The initial idea was 4 but I wanted to accommodate those people who just missed out by a few days.

Naturally I feel less obliged towards people who might turn up now pissed that there is now spot for them.

So the league placings for next year are

FSA Premier League
    daithijjj
    GillespieRoad
    Lemlin
    Iroced
    thunderdog
    Iago
    Roryc
    Irish son
    FHFC
    ronan.h
    Dearg81
    Swiper the fox
    Sooner Or Later
    Iused2likebusts
    CSF
    Boots234
    zarquon
    Dónal
    ScienceNerd
    Jeju

FSA Championship

TaytoCrisps
    Skippy15
    KevIRL
    greensausage
    Local_Chap
    Remoteboy
    easy rod
    Fizman
    Who_8_Paul?
    Decoda
    narfsnonsense
    dasa29
    Aha Shake
    Kent Brockman
    Hogey007
    bo-sco
    kevinroche3333
    Lucas Hood
    Santi101
    tom_k

FSA League 1
    Benimar
    The Neon Knight
    G1032
    Dahat
    Mhaigheo
    hackers
    weetabix
    deadlineday
    biscuits1988
    FutureGuy
    jebforever
    Fowler87
    SantryRed
    ItsChecoTime
    Captain Bob
    HighClass
    Kilburn
    BMNC
    Mike Ehrmantraut
    Christy Browne

League 2
    finnharpsboy
    Miguel_Sanchez
    itsnotmyfault
    Mr.Prodston
    MonkstownHoop
    Parlance
    davedfc
    sanket
    Billymitchell
    unkymo
    Shedite
    InishGael
    F1ngers
    Mint Sauce
    wonski
    Liamalone
    DJKendo
    Pappa Dolla
    Copper_pipe
    Capajoma

(Possible) FSA League 3

MR NINE
    $hifty
    El Horseboxo
    Danger781
    jimmii
    POKERKING
    SpaceCowb0y
    manual_man
    Axwell
    Suarezistheman
    Bossdrum
    shayno90
    YeatsCounty
    masti123
    Posada
    slingerz
    Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo
    Ziegler1988
    Trigger Happy
    IanOBo

First Reserves
    Green&Red
    rosskind
    wardie101
    hurlingman97
    bezuaua
    WoollyRedHat
    maximo31
    Rikand

Not taking entries from this point onwards. 8 reserves should be more than enough.

Signups will be available from the day that the site goes online for a period that will be specified in due course. After which any available spaces will become available to reserves or for people to move up a league if the chance arises.

Any reserves that don't make it into Division 5 (along with anyone else who signs up before the closing of the August transfer window) will go into a Promotion League (classic format not H2H) where the top 3 teams will go into Division 5 (or Division 4 if we don't get 5) to replace the bottom 3 teams who will be relegated out of the league system altogether for being absolutely ****.
    Just quoting this so people know where they rank in relation to places that may come available after the 31st August deadline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Just quoting this so people know where they rank in relation to places that may come available after the 31st August deadline.

31st July, surely? ;)

tom_k wrote: »
    31st July, surely? ;)

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Can we expect an outcry from those who will miss this deadline and can we safely say it was their own fault? PM's appear in E-Mail inbox's also so I don't think their is any excuse for the majority but there will be a few credible sob stories no doubt. As tomorrow is the deadline we need to decide how to proceed with this. A second PM is probably the safest option in my mind, after that it will have to be tough luck, I understand that CSF has some organisational concerns which cannot be allowed to go on much longer. In the case of the lad who posted in the premier league thread but hasn't signed up on the official FPL site (Iroced?) I propose that his spot is saved for him for a few more days at least, or is this potentially causing more problems than it's worth.

Can we expect an outcry from those who will miss this deadline and can we safely say it was their own fault? PM's appear in E-Mail inbox's also so I don't think their is any excuse for the majority but there will be a few credible sob stories no doubt. As tomorrow is the deadline we need to decide how to proceed with this. A second PM is probably the safest option in my mind, after that it will have to be tough luck, I understand that CSF has some organisational concerns which cannot be allowed to go on much longer. In the case of the lad who posted in the premier league thread but hasn't signed up on the official FPL site (Iroced?) I propose that his spot is saved for him for a few more days at least, or is this potentially causing more problems than it's worth.
    To be honest, I'm not worried about any potential tantrums. Anyone who can't sign up properly with about 2 weeks notice, will be better replaced by someone who will sign up on 24 hours.

As for iroced if someone wants to pm him that's fine. I'm gonna stay away from doing that myself though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm more of a lurker here, and I was able to sign up to my league and thread.
    I got the PM and email when I logged in.
    That should be enough for anyone.

There should be no special circumstances for anyone, lurker or regular.

• Advertisement

To be honest, I'm not worried about any potential tantrums. Anyone who can't sign up properly with about 2 weeks notice, will be better replaced by someone who will sign up on 24 hours.

I'll send him a pm. I think there should be special allowances for known regulars.

You never know what could be going on in someone's life that they are busy.

I'll send him a pm. I think there should be special allowances for known regulars.

You never know what could be going on in someone's life that they are busy.

Special allowances are great in theory, the problem is they aren't practical, in a system which involves so much manual movement of leagues.

If I had a little database where I could edit the 80 entrants up or down at my will into their respective leagues then this could all be done in an hour, and the deadline could be August 15th or something, but the reality is, it's still gonna be a decent amount of time before I have 80 people in their correct leagues.

Special allowances are great in theory, the problem is they aren't practical, in a system which involves so much manual movement of leagues.

If I had a little database where I could edit the 80 entrants up or down at my will into their respective leagues then this could all be done in an hour, and the deadline could be August 15th or something, but the reality is, it's still gonna be a decent amount of time before I have 80 people in their correct leagues.

I fully appreciate the work going into this. I know myself from the Boards FSA CL last year how long it all takes.

It just seems a shame that someone who had the time to come here and post their team but forgot to join the league is being omitted, particularly a person who is a regular poster.

I fully appreciate the work going into this. I know myself from the Boards FSA CL last year how long it all takes.

It just seems a shame that someone who had the time to come here and post their team but forgot to join the league is being omitted, particularly a person who is a regular poster.
    I think so too, but there is tonnes of time for him to do it still, it's not as if we've only discovered it after the deadline has expired.

I'm pretty confident he will be in the league by 12 tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I think so too, but there is tonnes of time for him to do it still, it's not as if we've only discovered it after the deadline has expired.

I'm pretty confident he will be in the league by 12 tomorrow night.

If he had the time to post here he has the time to enter the league. The "hardcore" members of this forum would proactively enter without procrastination so any one that sits on multiple PMs and barely posting atm has no cause for complaint if they don't act.

CSF gave everyone a fair chance and enough time. It does not take a month to sign up to a league. Everyone got a PM and would have received email notification. If you ignore your PMs then it's tough luck really. Procastination in joining shows a lack of enthusiasm. It's much better to have leagues of active forum members versus passive members even if the passive members had better qualifying scores.

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    If he had the time to post here he has the time to enter the league. The "hardcore" members of this forum would proactively enter without procrastination so any one that sits on multiple PMs and barely posting atm has no cause for complaint if they don't act.

CSF gave everyone a fair chance and enough time. It does not take a month to sign up to a league. Everyone got a PM and would have received email notification. If you ignore your PMs then it's tough luck really. Procastination in joining shows a lack of enthusiasm. It's much better to have leagues of active forum members versus passive members even if the passive members had better qualifying scores.

Hopefully he will join but I think it's unfair to say " Procastination in joining shows a lack of enthusiasm". I've often had busy periods in work where I wouldn't get in here. As I said, we don't know what is going on in anyone's life outside of the forum and the fact that he posted regularly last year here is enough for me given that he has posted his team on the thread.

No point going round in circles on it though. CSF is the admin so his decision is final. There has to be one firm voice when it comes to these things and CSF is it as he's running the show.

Hopefully he will join but I think it's unfair to say " Procastination in joining shows a lack of enthusiasm". I've often had busy periods in work where I wouldn't get in here. As I said, we don't know what is going on in anyone's life outside of the forum and the fact that he posted regularly last year here is enough for me given that he has posted his team on the thread.

No point going round in circles on it though. CSF is the admin so his decision is final. There has to be one firm voice when it comes to these things and CSF is it as he's running the show.

Haha I wish my voice was firm enough!!! But yeah the chap needs to sign upto the league, I don't know what else can be done in that respect.

Haha I wish my voice was firm enough!!! But yeah the chap needs to sign upto the league, I don't know what else can be done in that respect.

I've sent an additional pm anyway so my bit is done.

I've sent an additional pm anyway so my bit is done.

Good stuff, might be worth checking if he posts anywhere else on boards to see if he can be pinpointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

never mind getting these last 2 people to sign up, I cant believe Rory C copied my team name:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

More like you plucked it from my head! I'll likely change it again before the season starts, not 100% Ings will remain in my team and the name has to revolve around a season keeper, like I did for Michu in the past...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Have the pm's gone out for those who have made it from the reserves into league 2? Have i missed the cut... again :o fuck sake:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have the pm's gone out for those who have made it from the reserves into league 2? Have i missed the cut... again :o fuck sake:rolleyes:

Patience.

Has to be done one league at a time.

The Championship to Premiership move has to be completed so that when CSF sends out the PM to League One managers, they have a spot available to them.

Also, bear in mind, one of the managers who is offered a promotion may not be around to move his/her team in time and another PM will be required to next manager in line.

Like I said, patience.

Almost sure you've made the cut, but as above, it'll be a few days.

had a look at everybody's career history in this league some very strong consistent players. Id settle for a place in europe.

• Advertisement

It's the one league where I genuinely fear the possibility of outright failure in. Anyone could be in a relegation battle IMO.

3 good players are going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Never played head to head before so don't know what to expect.

Overall between this and my other leagues this season will mainly be about seeing if my rookie year was a flash in the pan! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

FHFC wrote: »
    Never played head to head before so don't know what to expect.

Overall between this and my other leagues this season will mainly be about seeing if my rookie year was a flash in the pan! :)

Beginners luck does not last over 38 weeks, i'm sure you'll do fine again this year.

had a look at everybody's career history in this league some very strong consistent players. Id settle for a place in europe.

I don't normally play head to head leagues. There's an awful lot more luck involved in them than the normal game tbh. They're very much like 38 cup fixtures tbh.

As much as I like this idea, I don't think it'll be overly troubling me where I finish.

I don't normally play head to head leagues. There's an awful lot more luck involved in them than the normal game tbh. They're very much like 38 cup fixtures tbh.

As much as I like this idea, I don't think it'll be overly troubling me where I finish.
    It will when I beat you on the first day ;)

Wanna swap the premier league for league 2, in that case? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The secret will be to rack up the sledging to the max.
    I won't be allowing it to alter my overall thinking but I'm hoping to go well and have a lot of fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's all about the cup run for me seeing as I'll have League 1 wrapped up by Christmas. I'll look forward to beating a few of ye in the championship next year too :)

Stupid Yaya, and stupid Mr.P for being stubborn :(

It's all about the cup run for me seeing as I'll have League 1 wrapped up by Christmas. I'll look forward to beating a few of ye in the championship next year too :)

Stupid Yaya, and stupid Mr.P for being stubborn :(

you may well have second sewn up Mr. P, that 1st spot is all mine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

you may well have second sewn up Mr. P, that 1st spot is all mine :D

I'll let you have first at Xmas it's the end of the season that counts anyway :P

And so it begins...:D

You know the grudge match we're all waiting for really

roryc v Lemlin.

Are the fixtures for it up yet?

And so it begins...:D

You know the grudge match we're all waiting for really

roryc v Lemlin.

El Classico

Are the fixtures for it up yet?

Not til the day, after the 11:30, which suits in a way since lots of teams posted here

El Classico

Given my previous results in this match up, I'll leave it to my favourite manager for the descriptions:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fwM4Ip24PyI

• Advertisement

Given my previous results in this match up, I'll leave it to my favourite manager for the descriptions:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fwM4Ip24PyI

Oh it is WELL AND TRULY ON!!!!

Fixtures are up
    Good willian hunting v gwan de deise
    mayo maulers v los pollos hermanos ( csf)
    Journeymen v ingscanonlygetbetter( busts)
    Cesc cauldron v cavan commandos ( lemlin)
    Evilgusparkers( swiper) v idontknowwhatimdoing
    sportingbitemarks v the bottlers
    mrbojangoals( roryc) v leedstheway
    erzgebeirge scrooge v syria ah
    monkey business(iroced) v friends in loew places (fhfc)
    Thunderdog v gillispie road

EL Classico is gw 6:eek:

Fixtures are up
    Good willian hunting v gwan de deise
    mayo maulers v los pollos hermanos ( csf)
    Journeymen v ingscanonlygetbetter( busts)
    Cesc cauldron v cavan commandos ( lemlin)
    Evilgusparkers( swiper) v idontknowwhatimdoing
    sportingbitemarks v the bottlers
    mrbojangoals( roryc) v leedstheway
    erzgebeirge scrooge v syria ah
    monkey business(iroced) v friends in loew places (fhfc)
    Thunderdog v gillispie road

EL Classico is gw 6:eek:

I started a thread for the PL.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057270791/1/#post91753329

Advertisement