Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

Just joined there, great idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

1 person so far seems to have joined this league but has not put their details in the sign up thread. I'm not gonna post the ID but if you have joined the league make sure you are on the sign up thread and in the google doc, otherwise I think it's fair to say we'll be booting you out.

Secondly, I hadn't intended to put the standby teams in the league for clarity, if you're on standby you can still see how your ranking compares but it might muddy the waters to have them in there.

Finally, that thought lead me to this question. If somebody comes in off the standby list because somebody doesn't take up their place next year, and they are much higher ranked than the person who withdrew, do you intend using the replacement entrants ranking. I've no real opinion of this other than that it may mean that somebody who based on this league expects to be in the top division could still find themselves dropped down by virtue of the person in 80th place dropping out and a person with with a high ranking coming off the standby list.

I suppose what I'm saying is that if that is the way it is, and probably no better way to do it, then this league needs to come with a health warning and be treated as a guide only, subject to changes if standby people come in. If yous follow me at all!!

Or would it be better to include the standbys in the league so that peoples placing can only get better with withdrawals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

All signed up, first 80 replies should have priority and any reserve should start at bottom no matter what ranking in my opinion but happy to go with the flow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Would it be a suggestion to open it up to 100 spots or 5 leagues.... The 80 that got in and the extras all seem like good folk ;)

Might save a lot of hassle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I agree.
    If some one pulls out of a division then the top ranked person from the next division moves up and so on until the first reserve joins bottom division.

PARlance wrote: »
    Would it be a suggestion to open it up to 100 spots or 5 leagues.... The 80 that got in and the extras all seem like good folk ;)

Might save a lot of hassle.

It probably would. I dont know much about H2H leagues, never been in one, but doesnt the game do all the work so if we just set up a conferance/Div 5 and sort out the promotion/relegation it should be easy?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

Yes it should be as simple as that once you have the extra 20. Going my number of guys that have requested standby there are at least half that target reached already
    FHFC wrote: »
    It probably would. I dont know much about H2H leagues, never been in one, but doesnt the game do all the work so if we just set up a conferance/Div 5 and sort out the promotion/relegation it should be easy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Weetabix wrote: »
    All signed up, first 80 replies should have priority and any reserve should start at bottom no matter what ranking in my opinion but happy to go with the flow.

This is the only effective way to do it. Because people have until August 1st to enter the league and I'm not going to bump people down after that. Just adds twice the admin and wouldn't make people very happy. Logistical nightmare. The only real way 81 onwards can be evaluated on their score is if we have people who pull out before this season ends.

Not a perfect way of doing it but IMO the only way that will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

No chance of trying for 100 instead of the 80?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Just joined there now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

I'm in

PopTarts wrote: »
    No chance of trying for 100 instead of the 80?
    Nope sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

CSF wrote: »
    Nope sorry

He just doesn't want to be a further division lower:D

qwabercd wrote: »
    He just doesn't want to be a further division lower:D

Surely you mean another division full of minions to look down on... I'm like Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool this year. A team who happily sacrificed Europe this year to ensure I'd be well balanced and ready for a Premiership title challenge next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Just joined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Have joined now too...

All the joiners are part of the 80 that have signed up yeah?

All the joiners are part of the 80 that have signed up yeah?

I'm cross checking them as they come in. So far so good bar 1.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I agree.
    If some one pulls out of a division then the top ranked person from the next division moves up and so on until the first reserve joins bottom division.

FWIW, I agree that's the only way to do it... And I'm one of the reserves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Entered now too. My team name isn't exactly inconspicuous either :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

37 signed up last time i checked.... ive been adding teams and points as theyve signed up just to see where ill be... needless to say league 2 here i come :D

A quick look for those that want to see where they would be based up to and including GW20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

37 signed up last time i checked.... ive been adding teams and points as theyve signed up just to see where ill be... needless to say league 2 here i come :D

A quick look for those that want to see where they would be based up to and including GW20

Oh yeah, bringing pride to Cavan as top of the table! Until Gillespie Road joins that is.

Nope sorry

I can see why not in fairness. If you go to 100 you'll still need reserves as there will certainly be at least half a dozen no shows come August. I'd expect most of the 90 odd who are on the list will get in as some people will forget or not bother come August.

I can see why not in fairness. If you go to 100 you'll still need reserves as there will certainly be at least half a dozen no shows come August. I'd expect most of the 90 odd who are on the list will get in as some people will forget or not bother come August.
    This is exactly it. I do have ambitions for us to get a 5th division in there next year but at this early untested stage you just don't know how it will all go. If everyone signs up early and we get the top 4 divisions full then we'll have no problems getting people to sign up for a 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Will sign up too.

• Advertisement

shayno90 wrote: »
    Will sign up too.
    If you werent in the 80 that signed up first off (don't remember seeing your name but I could be mistaken, you'll have to sign up in the other thread as a backup first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm in. Would hope to be Premier League based on current score, think I slot in about 7th based on the PDF table above. See how I fare after my usual post-Christmas FF meltdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

If you werent in the 80 that signed up first off (don't remember seeing your name but I could be mistaken, you'll have to sign up in the other thread as a backup first.

Just saw the sheet, so too late. Will try the other one.

shayno90 wrote: »
    Just saw the sheet, so too late. Will try the other one.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057115002

Signups are here. The 80 spots are gone but we're taking backup teams incase people don't sign up and do hope to have a 5th division if all goes to plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

heres how the top 40 look that have joined the qualifiers so far, 2 leagues full so far.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av5J4SoJoc52dElKT3JZZ0l0cXlsMHExWW5qSm8wOUE&usp=sharing

• Advertisement

heres how the top 40 look that have joined the qualifiers so far, 2 leagues full so far.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av5J4SoJoc52dElKT3JZZ0l0cXlsMHExWW5qSm8wOUE&usp=sharing
    If 39 of those 40, manage to have a score under 1192, I'm doing ok.

Just to clarify actually, if 2 people have the same score and there isn't space for both in the same league, it'll be the team who've made the least transfers that win the tiebreaker (I'm f*cked there), if by some freak of nature both teams have the same points and the same amount of transfers, it'll be done by coin toss. If I'm involved in this coin toss, FHFC can look after the coin toss, assuming by an even bigger freak of nature that it isn't me against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'd slot in at 7th place in the Premier League . Now to push on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Right on the edge of the relegation/promotion threshold....

Shows good interest that half the teams have joined the Ranking League already in what is a very slow week FPL and forum wise.

I might PM anyone who hasn't joined by the gameweek deadline.

By the way, yous are impatient hures! The whole point is that the league will do this sorting for us when it updates!! :):)

Shows good interest that half the teams have joined the Ranking League already in what is a very slow week FPL and forum wise.

I might PM anyone who hasn't joined by the gameweek deadline.
    Amazing, thanks. If we do get the 80 in sharpish once people get PMs, it bodes well for August.

By the way, yous are impatient hures! The whole point is that the league will do this sorting for us when it updates!! :):)
    It can do that for 21, 22, 23 and so on. Right now I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!
    But I don't like those answers :(

If 39 of those 40, manage to have a score under 1192, I'm doing ok.

Just to clarify actually, if 2 people have the same score and there isn't space for both in the same league, it'll be the team who've made the least transfers that win the tiebreaker (I'm f*cked there), if by some freak of nature both teams have the same points and the same amount of transfers, it'll be done by coin toss. If I'm involved in this coin toss, FHFC can look after the coin toss, assuming by an even bigger freak of nature that it isn't me against him.

Ah here, discrimination against the adventurous :eek:

The lady mister's not for turning!!

*takes a -8 hit in an act of defiance* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

In the championship at the moment but very close to the premier league!

Amazing, thanks. If we do get the 80 in sharpish once people get PMs, it bodes well for August.

I was thinking it would be better and easier for August if you had an email for each person. When you set up each league you can then invite them en block by pasting the emails into the FPL Site. This would be preferable to posting a league code here as there will inevitable be mix ups and mis registration. Also easier than pming. Finally, it also likely that a good few might not be regularly checking the forum yet so an email will leave you less likely to have no shows.

If you think its worth it maybe ask folk to PM an email to me or you and we can add it to the spreadsheet for August.

• Advertisement

Ah here, discrimination against the adventurous :eek:

The lady mister's not for turning!!

*takes a -8 hit in an act of defiance* :pac:
    I'd imagine you'll need more than a -8 hit to catch up my gargantuous 35 transfers.

I was thinking it would be better and easier for August if you had an email for each person. When you set up each league you can then invite them en block by pasting the emails into the FPL Site. This would be preferable to posting a league code here as there will inevitable be mix ups and mis registration. Also easier than pming. Finally, it also likely that a good few might not be regularly checking the forum yet so an email will leave you less likely to have no shows.

If you think its worth it maybe ask folk to PM an email to me or you and we can add it to the spreadsheet for August.
    I'd prefer to use PM for this, mostly because if people aren't checking the forum they don't deserve to be in this at the expense of people who do check the forum regularly but just missed a day or 2 of crucial FSA action.

I'd imagine you'll need more than a -8 hit to catch up my gargantuous 35 transfers.

I'm on 28 but I'm only just warming up yet :D

I'm on 28 but I'm only just warming up yet :D
    My plan is to slow down now with the wildcard. Outside of injuries I want to mostly keep my 2 keepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders, (so I'll need squad depth obviously) 2 strikers (Suarez and Aguero) and make 1 transfer up front every week based on who I see doing the business that week. Possibly easier said than done.

I'd prefer to use PM for this, mostly because if people aren't checking the forum they don't deserve to be in this at the expense of people who do check the forum regularly but just missed a day or 2 of crucial FSA action.

Spot on, just a suggestion. I think about things way too much. I'm an engineer. :rolleyes: :)

41 in Ranking League now. 1 had not registered on the thread and I have removed them so thats 40.

If you were removed and believe its an error speak up.

Keep signing up the rest of yous, would be cool to get all 80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Team name : Chic's xi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Joined, looks like I haven't a hope of getting into the Premier League but will fight to get into the Championship!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Neon Knight

joined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

i'll take a backup place!

can anyone tell me where to get my team id?

Team: Slingerz
    Team id: 6401

Advertisement