Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

slingerz wrote: »
    i'll take a backup place!

can anyone tell me where to get my team id?

Log in and go to the points section, the URL will be as below and your Team ID will be in the bolded part.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/XXXXXX/event-history/20/

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Just joined the league there, hadn't checked the forum with the lack of FPL action this weekend.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Up to 48 confirmed and checked entries.

Keep em coming....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Is there an updated script somewhere that will show what position we would currently be in?
    I reckon my decision not to captain Suarez in week 15 or 16(goal and three assists) will possibly end up being a potential decider of which league I end up with, so many of us appear to be so close that the extra 20 points could be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is there an updated script somewhere that will show what position we would currently be in?
    I reckon my decision not to captain Suarez in week 15 or 16(goal and three assists) will possibly end up being a potential decider of which league I end up with, so many of us appear to be so close that the extra 20 points could be huge.

Just wait until Norwich get a DGW and I captain Turner, yielding 2 clean sheets, a goal and an assist. Sailing up the standings then :pac:

• Advertisement

Just wait until Norwich get a DGW and I captain Turner, yielding 2 clean sheets, a goal and an assist. Sailing up the standings then :pac:

It'll be GIF overload, I'm still waiting to see that first one you keep teasing us with, have you anything to suit a hamstring injury, I was disappointed that you weren't around for that tragedy last week:pac:

It'll be GIF overload, I'm still waiting to see that first one you keep teasing us with, have you anything to suit a hamstring injury, I was disappointed that you weren't around for that tragedy last week:pac:

We'll all just have to be patient in these trying times :( I think Hughton was slightly playing it down, but I must investigate it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av5J4SoJoc52dElKT3JZZ0l0cXlsMHExWW5qSm8wOUE&usp=sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That is an impressive spreadsheet.

CSF wrote: »
    That is an impressive spreadsheet.

Got pretty excited until I realised that the bottom 30 teams haven't got their points updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

hadn't seen this up until now so joined there now, I had sort of been avoiding the internet as a united fan the last few days :o

only on here for a minute now so don't have time to read back through the thread but do I need to give team name or anything? (I'll get time to check back in later)

I had already posted i.d and stuff in the sign up thread.

PARlance wrote: »
    Got pretty excited until I realised that the bottom 30 teams haven't got their points updated.

all the points are filled in now :D

not sure what happens when points are the same, e.g.... yes yes yes, false9 and mad for mickey turner

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

2 points off a Championship spot, the race is on

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

not sure what happens when points are the same, e.g.... yes yes yes, false9 and mad for mickey turner

I think Mad For Mickey Turner gets the benefit of the doubt for playing with 14 and a half players rather than 15 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Great stuff! bit of work on my hands to try and climb up the leagues :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I'm in League 1. 50 points off a place in the premier league.

The problem I have is that I play too good a brand of football to move up through the lower leagues ;)

Sneaking into the championship is new goal.

I think Mad For Mickey Turner gets the benefit of the doubt for playing with 14 and a half players rather than 15 :pac:

ah but the giant that is Mickey Turner is worth three men :P

52/80 joined up only 28 more to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

A bit surprised to see I currently make the Premier League, even if it is just above the relegation zone. Doing better than I thought.

Aaargh! Maximum number of private leagues joined.

Deleted the one I was doing worst in :D

• Advertisement

Great stuff. Sure there was no need for a Ranking league at all, you could just do this manually every Gameweek!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Comfortable enough in Premier League mid-table, 20 points above the drop. Hopefully can keep it going until the season end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Would it be a suggestion to open it up to 100 spots or 5 leagues.... The 80 that got in and the extras all seem like good folk ;)

Might save a lot of hassle.
    PopTarts wrote: »
    No chance of trying for 100 instead of the 80?
    Nope sorry

Why not? By my count there's 16 backups already, I'm sure there'd be a few more interested parties. I can't see any reason why a fifth league can't be done?

MR NINE wrote: »
    Why not? By my count there's 16 backups already, I'm sure there'd be a few more interested parties. I can't see any reason why a fifth league can't be done?

I've explained it a good few times. 96 sign ups doesn't mean anything close to 96 entrants come August unfortunately. I would guess that most of the current backups will end up in the 4th division. If they don't end up in the 4th division, and there's enough interested parties come the time, then there will be a 5th division.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Just waking up to that thread and joined the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

In that spreadsheet, it has my 'Joined' status as 'No'. I gave my details in post#35 in the signup thread........is there something else I'm missing out on?

Also 5th in the Championship going by those standings.

Fizman wrote: »
    In that spreadsheet, it has my 'Joined' status as 'No'. I gave my details in post#35 in the signup thread........is there something else I'm missing out on?

You need to sign up for the league on the FPL site, that is what joined refers to, if you aren't sure what I mean read back a few pages, there is a code to join a league given somewhere:)

FHFC wrote: »
    Right, I'll get the ball rolling on this for now, can give admin rights to anyone else at any time.

What I'd suggest is that everyone who has made the top 80 in the sign up thread here use the code below to join the league as soon as possible.

Ill have a go when I get time at taking the details from the sign up thread to a spreadsheet or google doc, and one this has been cross checked with CSF we can us it to cross check the league entries. We can remove anyone who shouldn't be there and also pm or chase up anyone who is not there. Of course not everyone may want to join but we'll see how it goes.

Code for the league is : 1588629-685711

Just for people who havent got to reading back the thread after taking a few days away from the forum.

The plan is to use a League on the FPL site to allow the 80 entrants to see their comparative rankings as the season progresses and see where you are likely to be in CSF's League Structure next season.

If you are one of the 80 qualifiers on the Sign Up Thread please use the code above to join the league.

For clarity only the current 80 signed up teams will be included in this league, so you will know that your position is at worst where you will be, but may rise due to withdrawals or no shows in August when the thing kicks off proper. Any standby's who come in to replace no shows will enter the 4th Division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

You need to sign up for the league on the FPL site, that is what joined refers to, if you aren't sure what I mean read back a few pages, there is a code to join a league given somewhere:)

Done! Thanking you.

• Advertisement

I've explained it a good few times. 96 sign ups doesn't mean anything close to 96 entrants come August unfortunately. I would guess that most of the current backups will end up in the 4th division. If they don't end up in the 4th division, and there's enough interested parties come the time, then there will be a 5th division.
    Ok so you want there to be a handful of spares, fair enough. Kinda sucks for the guys who missed out, even if we get in we can only get into the lowest division regardless of our ranking. I would suggest letting everyone into the ranking league and the top 80 get divided into four leagues of twenty with the rest replacing the expected drop outs so everyone has a crack at getting into the league their ranking merits. But you're the one making the effort so I'm not gonna complain

Fizman wrote: »

its updated now to yes :)

Ok so you want there to be a handful of spares, fair enough. Kinda sucks for the guys who missed out, even if we get in we can only get into the lowest division regardless of our ranking. I would suggest letting everyone into the ranking league and the top 80 get divided into four leagues of twenty with the rest replacing the expected drop outs so everyone has a crack at getting into the league their ranking merits. But you're the one making the effort so I'm not gonna complain

Well I think he explained already that he wanted those who visited and posted on the forum the most frequently to be guaranteed a place in the top 80. The signup thread was posted at a very busy time to ensure that most of those 80 would probably be online. I can't really see a fairer way than that. Plenty of notice was given. Letting anyone and everyone try to win a place in the top 80 as you suggest would be wrong. You could then potentially have a premier league with no regular poster in it.

Honestly, I would love to do it your way and facilitate everyone. I'm just pretty confident that it wouldn't work and have to go with a way I think will work. If there was a barrage of people (particularly people who did have a place already) convincing me it would work, I'd have to reconsider, but that hasn't happened and I really so think this way is the right way forward.

Ah I didnt mean to cause a stir, if you think you're gonna need back ups then fair enough. You're the one organising it and I wasn't trying to criticise you, it's a great idea to be fair. I'm just annoyed I was too late to be involved. Best of luck with it, hopefully it's a success

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

Sorry where is this spreadsheet? I have signed up for the league.

• Advertisement

davedfc wrote: »
    Sorry where is this spreadsheet? I have signed up for the league.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av5J4SoJoc52dElKT3JZZ0l0cXlsMHExWW5qSm8wOUE&usp=sharing

G1032 wrote: »

All filled in now, fair play to ye for doing this, I'm currently in the championship positions, I'd be hopeful for premier league and disappointed to go into league 1.

All filled in now, fair play to ye for doing this, I'm currently in the championship positions, I'd be hopeful for premier league and disappointed to go into league 1.
    Pretty much the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ah shucks. Only made the reserves. Oh well :)

FHFC wrote: »
    Right, I'll get the ball rolling on this for now, can give admin rights to anyone else at any time.

What I'd suggest is that everyone who has made the top 80 in the sign up thread here use the code below to join the league as soon as possible.

Ill have a go when I get time at taking the details from the sign up thread to a spreadsheet or google doc, and one this has been cross checked with CSF we can us it to cross check the league entries. We can remove anyone who shouldn't be there and also pm or chase up anyone who is not there. Of course not everyone may want to join but we'll see how it goes.

Code for the league is : 1588629-685711

60 teams joined to the Ranking League now.

The following members have yet to join, please take a minute and sign up using the code above.

GillespieRoad
    DJKendo
    greensausage
    Benimar
    Skippy15
    Aha Shake
    MonkstownHoop
    daithijjj
    Miguel_Sanchez
    IanOBo
    Kent Brockman
    Remoteboy 
    Christy Browne
    dasa29
    wonski
    Pappa Dolla
    Billymitchell
    unkymo
    sanket
    Future Guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

manual_man wrote: »

I think i'm no. 16 reserve. I reckon us 20 next lads organise the non- league division?

And can we call it the Vauxhall Conference?

manual_man wrote: »

I think i'm no. 16 reserve. I reckon us 20 next lads organise the non- league division?

Posada wrote: »

I was thinking FSA Conference North. I dunno why ha

Posada wrote: »
    You'd be taking yourselves out of the reserves for the actual league system (in this thread) in doing so though because there isn't a logical or practical way that league can be linked in with the 4 leagues here. I don't mean that in a threatening way either. It just wouldn't work.

You'd be taking yourselves out of the reserves for the actual league system (in this thread) in doing so though because there isn't a logical or practical way that league can be linked in with the 4 leagues here. I don't mean that in a threatening way either. It just wouldn't work.

They could set up a Scottish league and dream of affiliation for decades :D

They could set up a Scottish league and dream of affiliation for decades :D

Sure they could just break away all together from the CSF Football League and call it the B Sky B FSA Premiership..... :D

If it can't be done it can't be done. I was one of the first to register interest in your initial thread, but then didn't check in for a couple of days and hey there was a sign up thread and I missed out on the first 80. Bit annoyed but hey what can you do. I know you've it all pretty much set up now and I know the logistical pain in the ass of it, having ran the cup a couple of seasons ago. May just look in to setting up a separate one, then maybe we can face off in Europe or something :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement