Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    If it can't be done it can't be done. I was one of the first to register interest in your initial thread, but then didn't check in for a couple of days and hey there was a sign up thread and I missed out on the first 80. Bit annoyed but hey what can you do. I know you've it all pretty much set up now and I know the logistical pain in the ass of it, having ran the cup a couple of seasons ago. May just look in to setting up a separate one, then maybe we can face off in Europe or something :P
    As I've said, I'll be doing everything possible to make sure everyone gets in at some level. If things go well with the signups we'll have lots of time to chase up a division 5. We do need reserves though. It isn't just a case of if we get 80 move onto 100 and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    As I've said, I'll be doing everything possible to make sure everyone gets in at some level. If things go well with the signups we'll have lots of time to chase up a division 5. We do need reserves though. It isn't just a case of if we get 80 move onto 100 and so on.

what's the real need for reserves tho, if u don't mind me asking? I mean once u have all the team names and i.d.'s

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

*Mr.Prodston looks into his tea leaves*

If I may be as bold to make a prediction: Within months if not weeks we will have an operational Conference division 5 as word will spread, and old members will return and seek admittance into the fine league structure that is currently being built. All who seek will find and those who do not commit will be cast aside like a rag-doll. It is simply a case of playing the waiting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

what's the real need for reserves tho, if u don't mind me asking? I mean once u have all the team names and i.d.'s

Just because people are signed up now doesn't mean they'll join their respective league in August

We are relying on all 80 people who signed up joining the league they qualify for in August. I can almost guarantee you that all 80 won't sign up in August. When they don't, we are gonna need people to come in to take the vacated places in the 4th tier.

We are relying on all 80 people who signed up joining the league they qualify for in August. I can almost guarantee you that all 80 won't sign up in August. When they don't, we are gonna need people to come in to take the vacated places in the 4th tier.

I hear ya

I hear ya
    All I can say and I'll keep saying it, I'll do my absolute best to get everyone sorted in some way. If in August we've enough to do 7 leagues, we'll do 7 and so on.

All I can say and I'll keep saying it, I'll do my absolute best to get everyone sorted in some way. If in August we've enough to do 7 leagues, we'll do 7 and so on.

Cool man don't sweat it and kudos for doin this like I said I did cup b4 and know of the hassles etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Playing devil's advocate here:

Will everyone be so forthcoming with advice, recommending players or tactics and discussing their team, what players they are bringing in & who they are putting as captain etc etc, when they are going head to head with other members of the forum every week?
    It could get very quiet around here.........

• Advertisement

Will everyone be so forthcoming with advice, recommending players or tactics and discussing their team, what players they are bringing in & who they are putting as captain etc etc, when they are going head to head with other members of the forum every week?

Ah yeah, I'd imagine so, a tonne of people are in direct competition in many other ways, some of which actually provide financial benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wouldnt think so tbh, a lot of people are in the Boards pay league and are active on here. Its just another league, and part of the fun of this game is talking $hite about it with randoms on the internetz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Just joined the private league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    60 teams joined to the Ranking League now.

The following members have yet to join, please take a minute and sign up using the code above.

GillespieRoad
    DJKendo
    greensausage
    Benimar
    Skippy15
    Aha Shake
    MonkstownHoop
    daithijjj
    Miguel_Sanchez
    IanOBo
    Kent Brockman
    Remoteboy 
    Christy Browne
    dasa29
    wonski
    Pappa Dolla
    Billymitchell
    unkymo
    sanket
    Future Guy

Only 2 more have joined the ranking league since. It's Matchday and I assume most people will check in at some stage today.

Please take a minute to join the league. Would be nice to have everyone in before the final update Monday night.

Code for the league is : 1588629-685711

Edit. To clarify, only enter if you are on the list above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looks like a lot of fun, best of luck to all involved.

Will the 4 league tables be linked so we can keep an eye on who's doing what ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Only 2 more have joined the ranking league since. It's Matchday and I assume most people will check in at some stage today.

Please take a minute to join the league. Would be nice to have everyone in before the final update Monday night.

Code for the league is : 1588629-685711

Sorry just joined now - I seem to have missed the related posts :confused:, this is the first time I've seen this code or any post about the ranking league (It's probably the same for anyone else who hasn't signed up).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Rikand wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of fun, best of luck to all involved.

Will the 4 league tables be linked so we can keep an eye on who's doing what ? :D

I'd suggest that each have its own thread for chat and banter with a link to the league in the OP so people can check it out whenever they want

Sorry just joined now - I seem to have missed the related posts :confused:, this is the first time I've seen this code or any post about the ranking league (It's probably the same for anyone else who hasn't signed up).

That's as expected, hence promoting it today and on the match day thread.

Will pm any stragglers over the weekend.

Edit. It's working too, 5 new additions in the last hour or so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Signed up before the GW deadline.

I'd be shocked if this guy was the one to send me out. Starting midfields of Osman, Yaya, Whittingham and Delph vs Silva, Yaya, Hazard and Ozil. I will cry if this guy beats me.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭dasa29

Ok have joined the league, only seen it when I looked at the match day thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

roll on the updated table

If all those entrants are legit we're only missing 8 by my count.

If all those entrants are legit we're only missing 8 by my count.

Had to boot 2 of them out.

10 remaining.

The list is below. PMs on the way....

GillespieRoad
    greensausage
    Skippy15
    MonkstownHoop
    IanOBo
    Christy Browne
    wonski
    Pappa Dolla
    Billymitchell
    sanket

Had to boot 2 of them out.

10 remaining.

The list is below. PMs on the way....

GillespieRoad
    greensausage
    Skippy15
    MonkstownHoop
    IanOBo
    Christy Browne
    wonski
    Pappa Dolla
    Billymitchell
    sanket
    There is gonna unfortunately have to be a limit of time these guys have to sign up for this before we look at the reserves. I'm thinking 20 days. Should be fine considering it is pretty much the same amount of time guys will have to sign up for their league when July/August comes. When the clock hits midnight to begin Feb 1st, anyone hasn't taken their PM invite, reserves get a chance to shine in order of their signing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Just signed up there, sorry for leaving it so late didn't check the forum for a few days since I was over at the United/Swansea game

PMs done there now.

League updated. Only 8 missing, one of whom already joined for next update.

Have taken to pouncing on the missing people when I spot them posting in a thread! If you haven't joined yet it's quite possible I'm in your wardrobe right now....

Have taken to pouncing on the missing people when I spot them posting in a thread! If you haven't joined yet it's quite possible I'm in your wardrobe right now....
    Haha, very impressive. You're alot more dedicated to hounding people down than I am!!1

Haha, very impressive. You're alot more dedicated to hounding people down than I am!!1

I am nothin if not thorough! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

At least i wasn't the last one to join:D
    Sorry for delay, completely missed the posts somehow.

• Advertisement

Still missing three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Still missing three.

name and shame them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Still missing three.

Lot of people dont log in at weekends, so you might not see them register until monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I've just joined there: Squeaky Archzeit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

72 in the league, the six to be added won't come in till next week????? Only two to sign up so, well done to FHFC for hunting down the latecomers:p

I moved up a few places overnight, this league and my mission to get into the top 20 is going to occupy a lot of my FPL thoughts over the next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm currently in 10th, would love if Suarez manages something else and keeps me around the same spot.

With Sagna, Mert and Ozil tomorrow I can only realistically move up the rankings.

Hoping to move into the 20s after today. Hopefully Ozil and Koscielny can make it happen for me tomorrow if not.

Plenty of scores in the high 60's, low 70's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

roryc wrote: »
    Plenty of scores in the high 60's, low 70's

Posted on another thread, but as an FYI for others:
    The average so far from the 72 players signed up is 64.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Ranked 63 at the moment, hoping for a place in League 1 come the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I signed up in the signup thread but haven't read any of this thread. What's happening with this? Have I missed out?

Normally I'd just read the thread but I have a flu or something so really not in the mood :p

Ok, had to kick 2 non qualified out so we are still 4 short.

the 4 most 'laid back' entrants are:
    greensausage
    Skippy15
    IanOBo
    sanket

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Haha just looked at this league and I'm having the joint worst week out of everyone with 53 (-4) so basically 49 :pac:

Favourable fixtures next week and the wildcard in my pocket should stand to me, in theory. I've been having a torrid time recently though which needs to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Haha just looked at this league and I'm having the joint worst week out of everyone with 53 (-4) so basically 49 :pac:

Favourable fixtures next week and the wildcard in my pocket should stand to me, in theory. I've been having a torrid time recently though which needs to change.

You think thats bad, quick scan, one of the highest scorers so far this GW, and near the bottom of the table.

I think I may be slightly out of my depth, and starting this thing in the 4th Division.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Moved into Championship last night and will be happy if I finish at the top end of that come the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

In the bottom half of league one. Still have WC and still harbour hopes of making the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Raging I missed out on this!!

Not much between the divisions really, I'm mid-table Premier but a bad week could see me going down to the dreaded lower leagues :)

Only 20 points between 10th in Prem and 1st in Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

In 28th place but if I keep plugging away I should make the Premier League as I am 20 points off it I think.

Great idea I must say and as most are active players a true reflection of average scores etc can be taken from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

51st for me! would still hope that with a big push I could make the premier league but the championship is more likely as this won't be like a lot of other leagues where people stop playing in feb/march out of lack of interest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement