Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Up to 8th and closing in on that coveted 4th place spot. I assume there will be a Champions League next season were we can pit our wits against the best of boards.de and boards.es ;)

In 6th myself, i guess that puts me in the Europa league ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

When the league opened up i was around 3 or 4 pts above relegation from the PL. Now i have a 111pt cushion in 2nd. Having a sh1te week this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

I haven't been in the FSA forum for ages and just spotted this thread, Is it to late to join this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

swoody wrote: »
    I haven't been in the FSA forum for ages and just spotted this thread, Is it to late to join this?

Pretty much yeah.

16th place!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

CSF wrote: »
    Pretty much yeah.

16th place!!!

no probs.

i'll make sure i apply for next season on time.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

zarquon wrote: »
    In 6th myself, i guess that puts me in the Europa league ;)

No you're not, I'm 6th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

59th...... i dont need to say anymore

roryc wrote: »
    No you're not, I'm 6th!

Last nights points pushed you up past me. I was 6th when i posted - It is a league in flux afterall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

80 teams, 4 leagues of 20 I assume??

I've jumped from 48 to 35 with Johnson still to play tonight, like FHFC this is the first league position I look at each time it's updated, premier league dreams are gone but I really want to stay in the championship.

I'm beginning to dream again, I've gone from 48 at the beginning of play last week to 28 right now, 16 points away from the premier league. I still have 4 to play so should be able to hold this position or something like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Still in the bottom half of The 4th Division, with alot of points to make up too even move up places.

Looking like it will be a bottom to the top effort here as well from August onwards.

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Still in the bottom half of The 4th Division, with alot of points to make up too even move up places.

Looking like it will be a bottom to the top effort here as well from August onwards.

The guy who's in 60th at the moment has had 72 points so far this week, he had Yaya as captain so if Suarez has a rare two pointer today he'll have made huge ground. I suppose what we all need to do to move up the places is to keep having solid weeks with a couple of very good ones.
    Mata's 31 points in the past two weeks has been the biggest reason for my good scores.

Head to head leagues throw up some strange results though (part of the reason why this competition will be interesting), in the Boards H2H league I'm involved in I'm on 46 points, there's someone on 51 points who has 160 points less than me in the overall game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The guy who's in 60th at the moment has had 72 points so far this week, he had Yaya as captain so if Suarez has a rare two pointer today he'll have made huge ground. I suppose what we all need to do to move up the places is to keep having solid weeks with a couple of very good ones.
    Mata's 31 points in the past two weeks has been the biggest reason for my good scores.

Head to head leagues throw up some strange results though (part of the reason why this competition will be interesting), in the Boards H2H league I'm involved in I'm on 46 points, there's someone on 51 points who has 160 points less than me in the overall game.

We're in the same h2h league and I just checked it there. Turns out I'm in 3rd by some sheer miracle. That's actually hilarious. It also looks like we're playing each other this week and I'll congratulate you on your win now already 51-16 in your favour :pac:

I've accepted division 4 is my fate but looking forward to this, on any given week anything can happen.

We're in the same h2h league and I just checked it there. Turns out I'm in 3rd by some sheer miracle. That's actually hilarious. It also looks like we're playing each other this week and I'll congratulate you on your win now already 51-16 in your favour :pac:

I've accepted division 4 is my fate but looking forward to this, on any given week anything can happen.

It will be totally different to the Classic Leagues, hopefully people with have to staying power to play the game long term to move up.

This is my 5th season playing, sure whats another 4+.

:D

Although still hoping we keep it retro and name the Leagues 1st to 4th Division.

;)

Getting rid of Mata 2 weeks ago has been incredibly unlucky, only solace is the fact that a load of us seem to have made the same decision.

I'm still in 6th in the Prem, big gap to top 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

roryc wrote: »
    Getting rid of Mata 2 weeks ago has been incredibly unlucky, only solace is the fact that a load of us seem to have made the same decision.

I'm still in 6th in the Prem, big gap to top 5.

Definition of luck:

"success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions".

No luck involved. It was just a poor decision by a number of us.

Due to RVP's injury, Moyes is now playing Mata in his correct position. Most of us knew that when we pulled the trigger on the transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Definition of luck:

"success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions".

No luck involved. It was just a poor decision by a number of us.

Due to RVP's injury, Moyes is now playing Mata in his correct position. Most of us knew that when we pulled the trigger on the transfer.

Yeah silly mistake. I was getting rid of either Mata or Gerrard and have to admit Mata's plunging value influenced me. Should have been looking at the fixtures and RVP situation not totalFPL. Live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

back in the PL 18th. Thanks mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Is next seasons league setup (divisions 1-4) a H2H style league?

Posada wrote: »

Yes. Although I assume the classic Boards and Boards FSA leagues will continue as well.

• Advertisement

Posada wrote: »
    Yup. I'm expecting banter, particularly in the top division (seems to contain alot more of the most active posters) so I'm really really hoping to keep my place in it.

Yup. I'm expecting banter, particularly in the top division (seems to contain alot more of the most active posters) so I'm really really hoping to keep my place in it.

Ahh! I never realised that. That should keep things interesting alright.

Theres a few of us languishing in the 4th Division as well.

:P

Yes. Although I assume the classic Boards and Boards FSA leagues will continue as well.
    Definitely. No real connection with them. I'm planning to enter these leagues for the first time next year so I need to step up my game next year.

Theres a few of us languishing in the 4th Division as well.

You're lucky. I'm only on the standby list. :p

Definitely. No real connection with them. I'm planning to enter these leagues for the first time next year so I need to step up my game next year.

I keep an eye on my placing there, more so though to make sure I haven't dropped further.

:o

As said though earlier, the H2H can change bring up some interesting results, regardless of how you are doing in the classics.

• Advertisement

There will be a good spread of the regulars in all the 4 leagues, I'm not so sure that the premier league will inspire more banter for that reason, obviously because it is the top league it will have a greater significance for those in it.
    Quite a few forum regulars seem to be in the bottom division at the moment for whatever reason

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah silly mistake. I was getting rid of either Mata or Gerrard and have to admit Mata's plunging value influenced me. Should have been looking at the fixtures and RVP situation not totalFPL. Live and learn.

I made the same error. I was expecting Villa to put up a better show than they did. I also knew Liverpool would spank Spurs. I just didn't figure that Gerrard would return nada.

There will be a good spread of the regulars in all the 4 leagues, I'm not so sure that the premier league will inspire more banter for that reason, obviously because it is the top league it will have a greater significance for those in it.
    Quite a few forum regulars seem to be in the bottom division at the moment for whatever reason

Because we are not as good?

:(

If it hadn't of included your whole season points I might have expected to be higher as well.

Because we are not as good?

:(

If it hadn't of included your whole season points I might have expected to be higher as well.

Pardon my grammar Nazi tendencies but I can't for the life of me make out what the highlighted sentence is supposed to mean:o

Pardon my grammar Nazi tendencies but I can't for the life of me make out what the highlighted sentence is supposed to mean:o

The qualifying includs your points for the whole season to date, and not from when the qualifying started.

The second half of the season has been alot better for me, but not good enough to make up the ground I lost earlier.

• Advertisement

The qualifying includs your points for the whole season to date, and not from when the qualifying started.

The second half of the season has been alot better for me, but not good enough to make up the ground I lost earlier.
    I like to think I would be top 10 if I had started it from the time of signup. Everything has gone so well since the January wildcard (pretty much from when Ramsey got injured).

I like to think I would be top 10 if I had started it from the time of signup. Everything has gone so well since the January wildcard (pretty much from when Ramsey got injured).

I plummeted when Ramsey got injured, and left it to long to get Suarez in. Would have at least hoped to be in the 2nd Division though.

Ah well, cant complain to much, them are the terms of the qualifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Up to 43 from 52, Championship aim still achievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

dahat wrote: »
    Up to 43 from 52, Championship aim still achievable.

I was keeping that spot warm for you, I was 43 the last 2 weeks, up to 38th now and into the championship spots but no-one playing tomorrow and no subs to come in so will prob fall a couple of places again.

edit: the table hasn't updated from today yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I was keeping that spot warm for you, I was 43 the last 2 weeks, up to 38th now and into the championship spots but no-one playing tomorrow and no subs to come in so will prob fall a couple of places again.

edit: the table hasn't updated from today yet.

App i use updated the top 50 and i dropped from 42 yesterday to 43 today,hope it is right.

I made the same error. I was expecting Villa to put up a better show than they did. I also knew Liverpool would spank Spurs. I just didn't figure that Gerrard would return nada.

Some consolation today!! Yay! :)

FHFC wrote: »
    Some consolation today!! Yay! :)

I took him out for Silva on Friday.

All I can do is laugh.

I took him out for Silva on Friday.

All I can do is laugh.

Ouch, sorry for your troubles so!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

On my first year of fantasy football and didn't start until gw12, so my only interest is in my private leagues where we all started late. Hopefully I can join the 5th? division next year ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Down to 22nd.

This must be how West Brom fans feel.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Think I'm going 13th tonight. This is too good. I could not have expected this good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Sitting in 8th at the moment, still enough time for it all to go horribly wrong but should be safe enough...I think...maybe...hopefully :D

Still in 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Is there not going to be an extra league for all of us that never made the cut anymore?

Is there not going to be an extra league for all of us that never made the cut anymore?

That's the plan but it's not a certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

sitting in 19th its going to be nailbiting.

7th here, should be safe (hopefully!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

is there any way to trace your progress in this? (ie see a list of your weekly score & position)
    I'm sure I was heading for the conference a few weeks back but after a few decent weeks I have now scraped into the Championship places yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Dropped down to 59th after a low 40 points in Gameweek 33

Thought I could make a late burst for the Championship but now I'd be lucky to stay in League 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dropped down to 59th after a low 40 points in Gameweek 33

Thought I could make a late burst for the Championship but now I'd be lucky to stay in League 1

You're 1 above me so. :o Was hoping to make the Championship as well but the way this season has gone for me since gameweek 4 I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up in League 2.

Advertisement