Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting New People in Mullingar

Options
  • 31-12-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, I've been living here for some time now and I have made a few friends which are great but all married with children. We don't have many social outings due to them needing sitters. I am looking to meet single people male & female without it being a dating site. :rolleyes: Anyone know of any clubs where you can go? Being a single female it's not as though I can just walk in a pub and sit there. Any suggestions would be great. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Sarah1977 wrote: »
    Hi all, I've been living here for some time now and I have made a few friends which are great but all married with children. We don't have many social outings due to them needing sitters. I am looking to meet single people male & female without it being a dating site. :rolleyes: Anyone know of any clubs where you can go? Being a single female it's not as though I can just walk in a pub and sit there. Any suggestions would be great. :)

go to few fitness classes maybe?
    play tag rugby
    take an evening course with the VEC?
    volunteer with a local club or charity

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coolguy

Hi Sarah,
    A group of boards users in Mullingar (including myself) organised meetups a year or two ago.
    We only had a few meetups but then the group petered out & the meetups ended.
    We went out for drinks, to the cinema and to the Rock and Bowl bowling alley.
    You can see the meetups thread a few pages back on this forum.

If you were to organise meetups i would be interested in coming along.

Maybe you could suggest activities and if a few people were interested then we could agree on a date.
    Perhaps the greyhound stadium, kilbeggan racecourse meeting, bowling, nite out in pub, meet for coffee etc.
    Maybe a few of the people who went to the previous meetups might even come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Me and my wife would be interested in this too. We are in the same boat. Been here a few years but don't know too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

id like to get involved.

30 year old male here,

• Registered Users Posts: 36 joleen100

I would be interested in that too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

I run a craft club in Mullingar every Wed evening where we meet up and share ideas on all things Creative...anything from card making, crochet, knitting, jewellery making....to name but a few!
    Most importantly we have a chat, a giggle and of course, a cuppa!
    If interested please send me a message. Cheers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I'd prefer to meet for a game of pool or darts etc and a beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Ya! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Mullingar Camera Club is good :)

PM sent to Sarah1977

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Filibuster

Meetup.com is great for meeting people and trying new things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dxbhappy

Hey, did you guys arrange a meet up? I'm in the same boat and would be interested in widening my social circle:)

No we didn't meet up.

I'd like to make a suggestion.
    How about a few of us meeting up for a coffee sometime as an initial meeting to get introduced and to discuss future events?

Send me a PM or reply on this thread if any of u are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Maybe some weekend might be best as I imagine most people have to work during the week (me and my wife included).

I'm going to suggest a meet-up in a coffee shop on Saturday 8th of February .
    Hopfully a few people will agree to come along over the next week or so.

Advertisement