Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grave maintenance.

• 31-12-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Couldn't find an appropriate forum so hoping someone here can help.
    The folks grave is nearing 22 years and in need of a clean up.
    I'm going to replace the stones, but it's the kerb around it that needs a bit of a tidy up.
    Can anyone recommend a method to restore it to decent condition?
    Cheers, mods please move if this isn't an appropriate forum, didn't want to stick it in after hours!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Is it stone or concrete? Seems to me the best solution would be pressure cleaning, but personally I prefer the 'aged' look of lichen on it. I can totally understand someone else preferring to see it cleaned though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Have to agree with looksee, the stone is nicely naturally aged. The grave does not look unattended so if it was my decision I would leave the stone alone. It seems to fit nicely within the other graves too. I see ye have a litterbug problem though, some people got no respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Personally - I would leave it alone, the aged, lichen encrusted surround looks good.
    However, if you really want to clean it, then a good scrub with a weak bleach solution followed by a power wash.
    A few new bags of stones and a good rake will clean up the grave.

Advertisement