Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Holiday with 14 month old

Options
  • 31-12-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Hi All

We are looking to book a holiday for June/July for us and our then 14/15 month old girl. She is a placid, happy baby but requires plenty of entertainment!! Generally hoping for something that isn't too long of a flight and a resort that has a bit of 'life' about it. We will be bringing my 19 year old sister and her boyfriend so don't want them to be bored to death also.

This is a precursor to the big flight to my brother, his wife and my new niece/nephew (YAY!!!) in New York in late September so want to ease her into flying gently.

Any and all suggestions welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Menorca is extremely child friendly and if you want child friendly but a bit more for adults Lanzarotte is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭josip

Menorca is known as "buggy island" and a lot of the resorts are very child friendly. Son Bou would be one of the best IMO for a 14 month old as the water is very shallow and clean with a massive beach area. The airport transfers are also very short. I think your sister will end up hating you though, if you do go to Menorca.

There's a bit more activity in Majorca. We found the beach at Alcudia very child friendly and being bigger there was more street activity, not that we saw much of it.

When we brought our 14 month old to the beach, the most important thing at the time was to get a place as close to the beach as possible so that you can go and come easily. If you're going in June/July then most likely you'll be on the beach with her until 10/11 and after 4/5. If you're staying close to the beach, you'll have a lot more flexibility. All assuming you're beach people that is.

Advertisement