Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3-Great Samaritans & ES-Crew in Killarney, Friday 20th December 2013

Options
  • 01-01-2014 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

On Friday 20th December my Dad was being driven with my Mom to a doctor in Killarney by a family friend, as he was having severe chest-pains.

Dad ended up suffering a massive heart-attack and passed away suddenly, in the wind and rain lying by the side of the road surrounded by Good Samaritans who tried to assist, before 3-ambulances and crew arrived.

Samaritan #1 : A young father who left his daughter strapped into the back of his own car as he parked up and administered CPR on my Dad while awaiting ES-crew & assistance.
    Samaritan #2 : A young lady who offered up her coat to cover my Dad and try shelter him from the wind and rain.
    Samaritan #3 : A lady who at one point had everyone present join hands while she prayed a Decade of the Rosary with my Mom.

So many people that day just drove on past and only wanted to get to their own destination and would not stop, but these 3-Samaritans were just wonderful people along with all ES-crew present at the scene!

My loving Dad always done Good Deeds for everyone he could; nothing was ever too much for him. If he could assist in any way, then he would. Inspiring Man who made me what I am today - Love you Dad!

I don't know who you are, you 3-Samaritans in particular, but from my Heart - I Thank You and Wish you the Very Best in 2014 and onward in all you do!

Love n Hugs,
    kerry4sam

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrOTVyQNU93BZgS2hQH0OV-Dc5akqLDQws-9Y0dc4celXQlp_9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

I knew your dad; a lovely man, a great family man.

My condolences to you and the rest of your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    I knew your dad; a lovely man, a great family man.

My condolences to you and the rest of your family.

He certainly was!

Thank You :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kerry4sam wrote: »
    On Friday 20th December my Dad was being driven with my Mom to a doctor in Killarney by a family friend, as he was having severe chest-pains.

Dad ended up suffering a massive heart-attack and passed away suddenly, in the wind and rain lying by the side of the road surrounded by Good Samaritans who tried to assist, before 3-ambulances and crew arrived.

Samaritan #1 : A young father who left his daughter strapped into the back of his own car as he parked up and administered CPR on my Dad while awaiting ES-crew & assistance.
    Samaritan #2 : A young lady who offered up her coat to cover my Dad and try shelter him from the wind and rain.
    Samaritan #3 : A lady who at one point had everyone present join hands while she prayed a Decade of the Rosary with my Mom.

So many people that day just drove on past and only wanted to get to their own destination and would not stop, but these 3-Samaritans were just wonderful people along with all ES-crew present at the scene!

My loving Dad always done Good Deeds for everyone he could; nothing was ever too much for him. If he could assist in any way, then he would. Inspiring Man who made me what I am today - Love you Dad!

I don't know who you are, you 3-Samaritans in particular, but from my Heart - I Thank You and Wish you the Very Best in 2014 and onward in all you do!

Love n Hugs,
    kerry4sam

OMG I am welling up reading that & I don't know you or your family. I'm so sorry for your loss :(
    RIP to your dad.

Fair play to those 3 good people, makes you realise there still people out there who are willing to help. I'd like to think I'd do the same. I know my own father stopped for a young boy many years ago who was knocked down, but who unfortunately didn't make it. It still upsets my dad to this day when he is reminded of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Sorry about your loss. RIP to your dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Touching post. May he RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

So sorry for your loss K4S.

If it was my dad, I would take some comfort that he was not alone at the end. They may have been, but they were friends when it mattered most.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I hope you are doing okay since the 20th December and that 2014 is being kind to you.

I have booked my loving Dads (now Resting in Peace) Months' Mind Mass in for
    Friday 24th January 2014, in St. Mary's Cathedral, Killarney @ 6:15pm.

If you would like to be present on this special occasion for any personal reason considering your kindness, then you would be more than welcome :)

I do not know how many people will be mentioned at this mass, on this day/date as this is a weekly service offered by our Diocese in Killarney (we are lucky in this regard), but as I said, you would be very welcome to attend my loving Dads' (now Resting in Peace) Months' Mind Mass.

Love n Hugs,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

What a lovely and thoughtful post, considering the grief that you are experiencing. It is so nice to hear that there are still decent, respectful and kind people still living among us and I know it must be off major help to you and your family that your Dad, god rest his sole, experienced this kindness.

Advertisement