Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Dehydrator 110 to 220v

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

You could use an standard industrial Traffo 220/110 ? € 50.00 SH ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭whizbang

I think it be next to impossible to get a 220v heater element that would be a direct replacement. You would also have to change the fan, maybe the timer too. And the wiring.

you could get a custom heater element made up, If there was space, get a second one and connect in series, but the other bits are still a problem.

If it was simply a heater element, you could run it through a lighting dimmer switch, but it doesn't look good.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

whizbang wrote: »
    If it was simply a heater element, you could run it through a lighting dimmer switch, but it doesn't look good.

This is an interesting idea, but I do not think it is very safe.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

iqmdublin wrote: »
    Someone said I could change the resistor?

That is not correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

whizbang wrote: »

Could connect it in series with a 1600w 230v element and it might work, but just as impractical as the dimmer:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭iqmdublin

thanks for the input guys, ive decided to go for the 230v european version in the end, saves all the hassle! : S
    Not good for the wallet though, but should last for 10 years anyway

^^ A sensible decision IMHO

Advertisement